8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 19 - Pick the Friday Night Feature (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: CineSea 19 - Pick the Friday Night Feature
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 04, 2019 09:45 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and on that day the Thursday night feature was born!

(-and the people rejoiced!) [Wink]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2019 06:51 AM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last year’s Friday night feature took nearly three hours to screen and it was a 90 minute movie.

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2019 08:44 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve: I like the way you think! (Although you and your family wouldn't be there on Thursday so you'd miss out somewhat [Frown] ) In reality, various film(s) are shown throughout Thursday day/night, if for no other reason than to 'dial in' projector distances and do sound setups.

Dave: are you referring to House of Wax 3D? (April 2018). That was a unique situation, due to the special 35mm setup involved. With that exception, I personally don't recall films running past 2 hours, but I have only been attending since April 2017.

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2019 01:06 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
A good idea If you don't want to watch the voted movie then you can always have an alternate show in someones room. setting up projector,screen and speakers.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 08, 2019 09:26 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got a great selection of films to choose from....and there's still a few more days to the cutoff date (4/12). If you want to share a favorite print, please let us know by Friday.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2019 06:16 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe Griesbach wants to put up his print of “Night if the comet” in 35 mm
He doesn’t know how to list it so he asked me to put it for him

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 09, 2019 10:32 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lou,

That's great! Night of the Comet was filmed by the terrific Arthur Albert, whom I had the pleasure of working with early in my career.

Doug

--------------------

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2019 04:13 PM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yo if that's a viable option I'm in for Night of the Comet.

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2019 11:51 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of good choices tough to choose

Goodluck to all the contestants Bruce,Indiana,ET,Mr.Lightman,Shane,Dr.Rumack,The King,Fab Four,Goke,Anakin,Alan,JACK,Major Kabakov,Vernon, Regina,Black Scorpion and Doctor Gogol

may the best film win

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 13, 2019 12:05 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nicely done, Brian! I can't think of a better lead in to announce that the survey emails have been sent.

This is the largest group of films we've had to choose from yet!

Airplane! (1980)- Super 8mm
The Black Scorpion (1957)- 16mm
Black Sunday (1977)- Super 8mm
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)- 16mm
Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell (1968)- Super 8mm
A Hard Day's Night (1964)- 16mm
It Happens Every Spring (1949)- 16mm
Jack the Giant Killer (1962)- Super 8mm
Jaws (1975)- 16mm
Jumanji (1995)- 35mm
Mad Love (1935)- 16mm
Night of the Comet (1984)- 35mm
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)- 16mm
Roustabout (1964)- 16mm
Shane (1953)- Super 8mm
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)- 35mm
War Games (1983)- 16mm

If anyone is planning on attending Friday night and hasn't received a survey email, please let me know.

The voting will conclude on April 21.

Doug

--------------------

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2019 05:06 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't wait til next weekend I'll see you all Friday

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 20, 2019 10:45 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well folks have a great time, look forward to any future video or pictures [Cool]

Before we started any film projector, we would always run the following slides [Big Grin]
 -
 -
 -

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 22, 2019 08:26 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The CineSea 19 Friday Night Feature will be:

Todd Tuckey's 16mm IB Tech Scope print of Roustabout!

Congratulations to Todd and a huge thank you to those who submitted and to those who voted.

I look forward to the fun of watching Elvis with this terrific CineSea group.

Doing what pleases me best
Gotta keep-a movin' east or west
Till I find my place there's no doubt
I'll be a rovin' roustabout

--------------------

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2019 09:05 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
There was stiff competition this year. It was hard to choose. lots of good films.I bet the voting was tight.

Doug can you post the final voting total here? Im interested in seeing them it must have been close with two powerhouses Raiders and Jaws being defeated

Thanks

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 22, 2019 09:40 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure!

-

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2019 11:31 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elvis got picked, fun stuff.
I won't be coming to CineSea this time as work at the end of the month has put a stop to any travel; I'll have to look forward to fall (and I'll be watching for pictures from this one.)

I'll be there in spirit...

C.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2019 11:40 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We will miss you , See you in October

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2019 11:50 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
All I see is % and graph lines is there totals for each film to show how many people voted.how much is a persons vote in %?

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 22, 2019 01:15 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will miss you, Claus - Early Happy Birthday from us all - Shorty

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2019 01:33 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian - I figured it out - Looks to me like 27 votes - so 27 people attending Friday night .

--------------------
Dave

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 22, 2019 06:43 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Your math is excellent! You were only off by one.

-

--------------------

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2019 06:55 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why , yes Doug , while studying your graph I became cross-eyed......

--------------------
Dave

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2019 07:16 PM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Dave your my hero , Haha

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 22, 2019 07:36 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A T-Square would have come in handy.

Doug

--------------------

Stuart Finkelstein
Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2019 09:47 PM      Profile for Stuart Finkelstein     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG. Three way tie for #2!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC