8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 19 - Pick the Friday Night Feature (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: CineSea 19 - Pick the Friday Night Feature
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 27, 2019 08:33 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have handed over many of my favorite prints to Doug and his GS and I've never regretted it!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2019 09:55 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I probably don't have much chance against the GREAT films already put up for nomination , here is my puny attempt to unseat them -
1. - My BEAUTIFUL , GORGEOUS FOX print of JACK , THE GIANT KILLER
and
2. My BEAUTIFUL LOW-FADE print of GOKE , BODY SNATCHER FROM HELL , in SCOPE ,
re-recorded in English by the great Adam Deirling .

BOTH are SUPER 8MM PRINTS !!
Here are some screen shots , for your enjoyment
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Dave

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2019 08:36 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
David Nice to see some obscure titles nominated for once.

Someones going to have a splitting headache

[ March 28, 2019, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: Brian Stearns ]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 28, 2019 03:14 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, really? And at a film convention?

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 28, 2019 04:10 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes it happens.

If I were able to attend it would have to be
 -

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 28, 2019 08:24 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee,

If Dad was still with us he'd come to Wildwood for sure!

-He loved the "St. Trinians" movies!

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 28, 2019 03:47 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If i could be there i'd ask for Beer fags and women for the warm up [Big Grin]

BTW, i do mean the CHC advert reel.

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2019 04:11 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Staples on film? Please explain this to me, Doug. My Friday night nominations are:Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman, The Black Scorpion and Mad Love Staring Peter Lorre. Sea all of u in a couple of weeks.

--------------------
Joe

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 28, 2019 08:52 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom & Joe,

Not at a convention....The collector I bought my Xenon GS from had his projector gate ruined by a film that had a "splice by stapler". He thought it might have been done as a quick fix during a screening and then forgotten.

Mr. Vannicola, you have a choice to make! Please narrow down your three submissions to two films (please keep Black Scorpion in the running....I've never seen it!)

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2019 09:07 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
If someone nominates only one film or no film then why is it an issue if someone else nominates three. I say more films in the pile the better. Things even out

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2019 03:22 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because you have to follow some kind of rules

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2019 05:13 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
yup

Sorry Joe only trying to help you out

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2019 06:46 AM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’ll go Jaws. It’s by the water, it’s the jersey beach (a la the novels inspiration) and it’s my favorite movie

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2019 08:45 AM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys. In my zeal, I accidentally nominated three films instead of two. Oops. Anyhoo, my nominations are The Black Scorpion and Mad Love. Thank you, Brian, I appreciate your help in this matter. By the way, Doug; I think I now know why people staple 8mm film. That's almost as bad as the time I was going to buy a 16mm cartoon reel and noticed the guy had used a band aid for one of the splices. Needless to say I lost interest very quickly.

--------------------
Joe

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 30, 2019 12:21 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

Thank you for keeping Black Scorpion in the running.

Brian's point is well taken, however I've found that too many films can spread the vote out and necessitate the need for a runoff. Not a bad thing, just more time is needed. We could still have a runoff if there is a tie between the top vote getters.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2019 05:17 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to add my print of the 1977 Black Sunday with Robert Shaw to the list. Super 8, Marketing Film International, Flat.

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2019 10:52 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't wait to see you all in just a few short weeks!

My 2 offerings are as follows:

War Games (1983, LPP): Classic Matthew Broderick movie (93% Rotten Tomatoes!)

It Happens Every Spring (B/W, 1949): One of the funniest, (if not the funniest) baseball comedies (100% on Rotten Tomatoes!). Perfect since Baseball season is just starting.

Both choices are in 16mm and both are family friendly for all ages. [Big Grin]

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2019 01:49 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Doug for taking the time to explain to me the reasoning behind not allowing more than two films per person. Im new to Cinesea so I would not know

Greg May
Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2019 08:55 AM      Profile for Greg May     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man! I may have to change my absentee ballet to Wargames. That is a classic Dave. Definitely bummed I'll be missing Friday night.

--------------------
16MM: EIKI SNT-0, EIKI NT-0
8MM: ELMO ST-600M

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 03, 2019 09:04 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, Chess rematch - Shorty

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2019 12:34 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear you'll miss Friday night Greg, but at least a wedding can be fun too! Looking forward to seeing you and Jenna on Saturday tho!

And Shorty.....of course! And how appropriate if War Games is chosen, that we should play chess!

(A key line in the movie is "Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?")

[Big Grin]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 03, 2019 02:01 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOBODY mention the "W" word around my wife!

-she watches those weddin' gown shows on cable all the time and if she knew there was a real wedding handy WE might miss Friday Night Feature!

I think there should be a groom's counterpart to those shows: "Say 'whatever' to the Tux"! (If I didn't rent mine I'd have been changing oil in it 15 years ago!)

This sounds like about the most competitive ballot we've ever had.

-I predict a run-off!

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 04, 2019 08:58 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have Tux, Will Travel [Smile] Yes, David, that is why I mentioned chess...clever, eh? -Shorty

Gary Sloan
Junior

- posted April 04, 2019 03:36 PM      Profile for Gary Sloan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok all, here's my nominees.

16mm Raiders Of The Lost Ark Scope 1981 LPP uncut gorgeous!

16mm E.T 1982 another uncut letterbox LPP

Bothe are perfect films for the whole family and film fanatics.

--------------------
Gary Sloan

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2019 04:22 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone remember that scene towards the end of Maverick (Mel Gibson, 1994), when the Commodore (played by James Coburn)
thinks he has the winning hand, and lights a victory cigar? Only to have Alfred Molina's character show a better hand seconds later?

-

That's kinda what I felt like with the excitement of my suggestion of War Games.....until Gary pulled out Raiders...in SCOPE! [Razz] (To be fair, there were plenty of previous selections that were equal/better candidates than War Games (in my own humble opinion). Personally, I'm drooling at the thought of Raiders in Scope. All the choices so far have been great, but Raiders is one of my all time favorites.

Thought for Doug, Shorty and Lou (and anyone else heading up the CineSea event), was there ever the thought of a 'double feature'? If we started at 7, we could be done by 11:30 with a small intermission between titles (assuming each film is approx. 2 hours). Heck the drive-ins do it, why not CineSea? [Wink]

Something to think about? Maybe not for this CineSea, but future ones? Or should this idea be taken out to the barn ala a rabid Old Yeller [Razz]

One thing is for certain....there's no shortage of awesome selections at every CineSea!!! [Cool] [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC