8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Need 12" super 8 take up reel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need 12" super 8 take up reel
Wayne Watson
Junior

- posted January 08, 2013 09:16 PM      Profile for Wayne Watson   Email Wayne Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having trouble finding someone who sells a 12" super 8 take up reel. Comments?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 08, 2013 09:31 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are usually known by their capacity in feet.

Maybe you would have better luck if you looked for a 1200 Foot reel.

Here's an Elmo 1200 footer:

Elmo Reel on E-bay

-and a plastic one:

Plastic 1200 Footer

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2013 10:23 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wayne,

Welcome to the forum. I have a few for sale, not as much as those on Ebay. Send me a PM with your preference if interested:

1 Plastic Plio Magic $20
1 Metal Tyler $25
1 Elmo Aluminum $30
1 Metal Goldberg with Can (like new) $45

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Wayne Watson
Junior

- posted January 08, 2013 11:00 PM      Profile for Wayne Watson   Email Wayne Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good tips, but I'll wait until tomorrow to act. I have a suspicion I have one. I need to search my photo equipment closet thoroughly.

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2013 11:44 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All right Wayne, let me know as soon as possible. There are a couple of Forum members that would like a these, I offered them to you first so, you get the first pick. No problem if you would rather pass.

--------------------

Wayne Watson
Junior

- posted January 09, 2013 02:34 PM      Profile for Wayne Watson   Email Wayne Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I did a search of the closet again and found no 1200 foot take up reel. I'll go for the $20 reel. My need is almost negligible. I put the L&H super 8mm film (Way Out West, 80 min) on a 1200 foot reel by splicing 3-4 reels together. Somehow I reversed the sprocket holes. I would like put them in the proper way. Apparently, I didn't realize at the time that I didn't have a 1200 foot take up reel, so dropped the idea--for 20 plus years!! It's never been used, otherwise.

Once I do that, then I'm going to sell the film on EBay or wherever. I just no longer need it. I'm having CostCo transfer family s8 to DVD, and a few L&H silents to VHS. I'll probably sell my projector, as well.

What's a PM? Address? Payment? I see you are in Berkeley. I live in Nevada City--30 miles north of Auburn on hwy 80.

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2013 05:04 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!

Do you see the small icons next to the time stamps on this post? The one with the two little figures "shaking hands" next to an envelope sends a PM or private message to a forum member. You have to enable that feature when signing up.

You can view your PM's by clicking on the tab above that says "my profile". I hope you would rather keep your projector and films and get back into the hobby! There's nothing like looking at the shorts and feature you have on film.

[ January 09, 2013, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Gerald Santana ]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC