8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  23  24  25 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 19, 2014 12:24 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Vidar. I just received this movie. I hadn't seen it in years. It's an excellent B&W print and I'm excited to add it to my small 16mm collection [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 20, 2014 02:53 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched one of my favorites last night. Frank Capra's It Happened One Night (1934).

-

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 22, 2014 02:04 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see this movie on TV anymore...not even on TMC. The Devil's Deciple (1959) stars Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Laurence Olivier, and Janette Scott. Set during the Revolutionary War, shows the role reversals between a black sheep of a family (Kirk Douglas) and a local minister (Burt Lancaster).

-

[ June 22, 2014, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 24, 2014 11:34 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Sundays showing in our small film club we saw a 16mm feature, Prehistoric Women. Good colors
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 24, 2014 07:09 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We saw a very average 16mm which could easily be mistaken for a Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill film. Were No Angels, scope
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Nikolay Kravchenko
Junior

- posted July 26, 2014 08:03 AM      Profile for Nikolay Kravchenko   Email Nikolay Kravchenko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Saw my "new" Battleship Potemkin,
The name of the Battleship is not "Potemkin", it's speaks like "Potyomkin".
"Броненосец ПотЁмкин" [Wink]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 26, 2014 09:15 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure you are right, just wrote what's on the box :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 04, 2014 02:14 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw Melvin and Howard on 16mm yesterday
 -

-

-

-

-

-

and I don't know, but always liked Dabney Coleman
 -

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 19, 2014 01:54 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened a very nice complete version of March of the Wooden Soldiers (1934) I bought from Roger Shunk. I loved this movie when I was a kid and I'm hoping to show it to my grandson's when they visit this Christmas.

-

--------------------
Janice

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2014 11:12 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
testing my new ELMO 16CL, I ran the following
IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE 400ft
THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN 400ft
SOS ICEBERG 400ft
BORDER JUSTICE 400ft

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 10:53 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,

Great screen shots of both Toyland and It Happened One Night.

Is the Toyland print from different sources, because some of the screen shots look different. Nevertheless, it's the best that I've seen.

And wow, It Happened One Night never looked better. It's my all time favorite.

I can watch it again and again. That's a difficult print to find. Wish that I had one too.

Enjoy.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2014 06:45 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few scope shorts, Trail mix up with Roger Rabbit
Pirates of the Caribbean trailer
Revenge of the Sith trailer
Phantom menace trailer
Fantasia 2000 IMAX trailer
And angles with dirty faces feature

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 22, 2014 06:07 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stargate, scope, 35mm

Love this film
 -

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 23, 2014 05:14 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Vidar that Stargate print looks absolutely lovely.

I remember going to the Cinema and just looking to see what was on and landed in Stargate and it was so bloomin good.

Came out buzzing.

Don`t let that one go Vidar.

Best Mark.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 23, 2014 06:14 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Mark and I won't ... Love Sci-Fi and horror so this stays :-) Unless my back get much worse and I have no one to help with it :-/

Crossing my fingers that I can handle at least one 600m reel :-)

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2014 09:05 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

I have always wanted to see the Straight Story. Richard Farnsworth was also nominated for an Academy Award as Best Actor.

Are the Laurel & Hardy screen shots taken from 16mm or 35mm?

I do not know anything about 35mm.

What model 35mm projector do you use and how do you manage the collection and the projector?

Are the reels broken down onto cores and then replaced onto reels again?

What is the size of the projector?

Do you run the movie in 10 minute sections?

Do you use a halogen lamp?

Do you keep the 35mm projector set-up in a separate booth?

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 24, 2014 09:26 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
> I have always wanted to see the Straight Story. Richard Farnsworth was also nominated for an Academy Award as Best Actor.

You should absolutely see this film, it's a touching, heartwarming and super film and I am so happy to have this

> Are the Laurel & Hardy screen shots taken from 16mm or 35mm?

Not sure which you mean? Janice has posted some, if I posted any in this thread, it is for sure 16mm (and I only have short extracts)

> What model 35mm projector do you use and how do you manage the collection and the projector?

I have a portable Philips FP 23 (same as the Kinoton) and managing this format is hard work :-) Heavy films

> Are the reels broken down onto cores and then replaced onto reels again?

You can do that, usually you get a normal length film onto to big reels, but mine is kept on cores all the time and in 600m (same running time as 400' Super 8). My roof is too low for bigger reels :-)

> What is the size of the projector?

-

As a small reference, the wheel you see half of at the right side is a 1200' Super 8 reel

> Do you run the movie in 10 minute sections?

About 20 minutes per reel

> Do you use a halogen lamp?

Yes, mine is not a huge projector, so uses a 450W Halogen, if I remember correctly

> Do you keep the 35mm projector set-up in a separate booth?

I should, but the space doesn't allow it. Very noisy projector and crossing my fingers for winning the lottery, then a new garage with a cinema will be up :-)

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2014 09:34 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

This is absolutely fantastic.

Thanks for taking the time.

I give you a lot of credit, it's been a dream of mine to have some films on 35mm.

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 24, 2014 10:38 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Always fun to talk about stuff one loves [Smile]

And if anybody missed it, I LOVE FILM :-)
[Big Grin]

Nikolay Kravchenko
Junior

- posted September 25, 2014 07:10 PM      Profile for Nikolay Kravchenko   Email Nikolay Kravchenko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>As a small reference, the wheel you see half of at the right side is a 1200' Super 8 reel
My russian projector about the same size I guess. Also used halogen lamp 400 or 500 W and 300 or 600m reels:
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 29, 2014 08:47 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From our club showing last night. We started off with a 16mm widescreen (not scope) feature called The Midnight Man (seems to be quite rare with no DVD releases it seems)
 -

It was bought as red from CHC, but I was happy with the print at 25 GBP. Was expecting more red than this.

And I put on my "new" Abbott and Costello, Take Bus Pay Later on 16mm. Spent a fortune on it. 2 GBP :-) Well worth it
 -

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2014 07:37 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar-Midnight Man is on DVD in Spain with English soundtrack. I have it.

http://www.dvdgo.com/dvd-el-hombre-de-la-medianoche/1297525

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2014 09:14 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched "Mutiny in outer space" and "Blood and black lace" from my collection last night [Smile] !!!

Best,
ET

-

-

-

-

-

-

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2014 06:09 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2014 10:22 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a screening of The Unforgiven and a couple of A&C shorts then made a couple more films up on some 6000ft reels for tomorrow night

All times are Central
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  23  24  25 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC