8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Help identifying 16mm silent shorts (with video!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help identifying 16mm silent shorts (with video!)
John Barbour
Junior

- posted July 29, 2014 08:46 PM      Profile for John Barbour   Email John Barbour   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

I've got two films I'm interested in finding more information about.

The first has no credits and is on Kodak Safety Positive film with the double-square date code (so maybe 1920 or 1940). It's 2.5 minutes long and features a man with a suitcase being chased by a group of men up and down a spiral staircase, an elevator, and a subway car. The way the film ends it's almost like it could be looped forever. Or maybe it's just a short piece of a longer film. Anyway, here's a link to it: Link to Youtube

The other film actually has a title. "Dreamer 1968" is written on the film leader, and "The Dreamer" is on the title screen. It's a short (2.5min) animated film about a man dreaming he takes a rocket to the moon. Date code is square-triangle, so it could be 1967. I'd love to know more about this film as the date suggests it's at the tail-end of the fight to land on the moon.
Link to Dreamer on Youtube

Thanks in advance!

|  IP: Logged

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2014 01:53 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't make out the comedy,I will have to look further. The cartoon is a Happy Hooligan from 1917 titled A Trip to the Moon

John Barbour
Junior

- posted July 30, 2014 11:42 AM      Profile for John Barbour   Email John Barbour   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! Thanks! The animation looked earlier than the date etched into the film, so it was throwing me off. I guess my title was a later addition.
Here's a link to someone else's upload of the Happy Hooligan version

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC