8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Blackpool
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2017 03:14 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David Guest announced at the end of the auction that the Hilton had been booked for the same weekend in 2018 so it seems to have been a great success. I hope to see you all there again next year.

Now for some more pictures of this year.
 -
More dealers, CHC at the back of the hall.

-

The projector set up for the Sunday shows.

-

David loading up the 16mm films to move to the auction as Keith Wilton keeps an eye on the stock.

-

The 16mm auction starts, 8mm already done.

[ November 25, 2017, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: Brian Fretwell ]

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2017 03:26 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The two last Saturday night dinner pictures David sent me :

-

-

David, if you want me to put more of your pictures on the forum, don't hesitate to send me some...

-

Sunday morning, one hour before the opening of the doors.

-

The programm of the day (there has been a last minute change : True Lies could not be projected).

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2017 06:17 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

General view.

-

Films sold by CHC. Other films were added during de day (the films sold were replaced by others).

-

Several dealers projected films.

-

Always nice to see film material for sale.

-

Other pictures to follow.

--------------------
Dominique

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 22, 2017 09:30 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must plan to go

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 22, 2017 10:06 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try to join you Shorty!

Great pictures of an amazing event.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2017 10:56 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Forum member, Nigel had a lot of super 8 to sell.

-

Guess who's hidding behind the reels ?

-

If you answsered Lee (also member of this forum) to the preceeding question, you won.

-

A super 8 projection was made in the other room. One of the interests of these projections is that you see films you would never have imagined existed on super 8 or you see titles that didn't attract you before.

-

The 16 mm projection, behind the Elmo from the preeceding picture. The digest "Abbott and Costello was screened. I didn't know it was so nice so I went to the selling room to buy (for 5 pounds) a super 8 copy I saw before [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2017 10:59 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well some fantastic pictures of this number 1 event and lots more to follow plus dvd footage and you tube .yes doug and joe you realy need to come lots to see and if you come a couple of days early you can come to my home and have a look and maybe buy some films from my very large collection of films and I will give you a guided tour and put the fair organs on for you I am only 20 miles from blackpool

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2017 11:19 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

The traditional auction. It attracts many potential buyers.

-

It happens in the "projection room", as you can see.

-

This is not a pose...

-

...it's a real job [Big Grin]

-

I was not the only foreigner. Two Scandanivian cine enthusiats were there also. And maybe some Americans as well next year ?

--------------------
Dominique

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2017 12:34 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique,

it was good to meet you at the convention this year and all the other guys that i managed to speak to.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2017 12:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, the pleasure was shared and I appreciated a lot that you were not wearing a tie during the Saturday night dinner so I was not the only one at the table we were sitting around (if there that sentence is correct...) 😀 I will post the last pictures tomorrow.

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2017 04:25 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the photos of me helping Bob sort out the film that came adrift when rewinding onto a warped spool Dominique, I can now prove i was there. [Big Grin]
As the flash on your camera didn't seem to cope well with the large rooms I have taken the liberty of giving a couple a bit of a boost and am re-posting them. I hope you don't mind.
 -
 -
 -
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2017 05:09 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, that's fantastic. One million thanks.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 22, 2017 10:20 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What great pictures of a fabulous event! Nice to see Keith Wilton enjoying himself, and fellow Eumig enthusiast Lee Mannering again, although that's not a Eumig that Lee is holding! [Big Grin]

Who in all these pictures is David Guest?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 23, 2017 12:26 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, David Guest is on the latest picture I posted. He's on the right, holding a film during the auction. I will post another photo of David Guest later in the day when I have access to my computer.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2017 03:02 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
once again a fabulous time was had at this top event. again there were many many bargains to be had.more through the door than last year. an event that just gets better.the film shows in the cinema were a treat. i am sure there were film bargains to suit everybody this year. and its just not going away with some great films. meeting up with other like minded people is the icing on the cake.i have met and know some fabulous people at this event.lovely people and great to be in their company and meet up with them again.thank you one and all.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2017 07:53 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A big thankyou to david guest for putting on this great event ,and also to adrian winchester for organising the saturday night dinner it was all very enjoyable,and was nice to see ged jones from derann after all the years ,looking forward to next year already meeting old friends and new ,lets all keep this going for many years to come.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 23, 2017 08:13 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are my last pictures.

-

David Watson (right) and Bob who was one of the projectionists.

-

Paul Barker (right) and David Guest.

David Watson sent me other pictures he took, one of them is almost the same as one I wanted to post but mine is of lower quality so I will save Brian the trouble to correct it [Big Grin]

-

-

-

--------------------
Dominique

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2017 01:49 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My good lady and I have already booked for Nov 2018.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 24, 2017 03:53 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are the last pictures I got from David.

-

-

-

-

-

Great time. Hopefully, I can make it next year [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2017 06:35 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Pictures. Thanks.

So what other films were shown apart from what's on the programme. As True Lies was cancelled what was shown in its place.

Graham S

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2017 06:35 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Pictures. Thanks.

So what other films were shown apart from what's on the programme. As True Lies was cancelled what was shown in its place.

Graham S

Peter Scott
Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2017 08:11 AM      Profile for Peter Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why was True Lies cancelled ?

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 24, 2017 10:20 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well thanks to everyone for posting the great photos. At last we can now all see and appreciate David's wonderful convention. Can't wait for the video.
I want David Watson's Fumeo! How much does it weigh? [Eek!]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2017 01:26 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Paul glad yourself and others have enjoyed our photos from the Blackpool week-end it would be great to have some of you guys come over for next years bash you would be made most welcome just like our european friends. To answer your question, my Fumeo 9145 weighs including the removable arms almost 43 kgs that's about 100 british pounds, the power unit is seperate and weighs close to 9kgs.
The projector has its own metal stand for it and the power unit but I don't often use it for public shows as it does not fold up and is not very tall.The Reel arms Will hold 6000ft of acetate film and more with polyester film.It's a two track machine and you can select either the main track or the balance track or the two combined through the integral 45amp mono amplifier, though I tend to use it with a SRS sound processor for suedo stereo through a 100w stereo amplifier. the lamp is a 500w Xenon arc xbo lamp mounted horizontally in a pure nickel reflector. The projector is based on Fumeo's 35mm portable model and the super 8 version was available from Fumeo to order only
the last price was more than twenty years ago around £6000

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2017 03:46 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

It was good to meet you at the dinner and have a chat - it is good to finally put faces to the names of some of the people on the forum - hope to see you next year.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC