8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool information Oliver FR Field (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Blackpool information Oliver FR Field
David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2019 02:27 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Oliver,FR Field, thanks for your enquiry re.the Blackpool Convention.
sorry I didn't reply earlier but my e-mail service was unavailable
all day Sunday. Here is some information regarding the Blackpool
week-end. All events during the week-end are held at the Grand Hotel
(Formerly the Hilton Hotel) which is located on the sea front about a
Kilometre North of Blackpool Tower. On Friday 15th Nov. there is a film
show held in one of the hotels reception rooms at about 8.30 pm.
ask at the hotel reception desk and they will direct you to the room,
ALL are welcome to come and it's free, you do not have to be staying at the Grand Hotel to be able to attend.
On Saturday morning 16th Nov. starting at approx. 10.30 am to about 4.30pm they will be film shows running, using both super 8 and 16mm films.Again ALL are welcome to attend, come and go as you wish during the day again ask at the hotels reception desk for which reception room is being used for the Saturday film shows and they be able to help you.
On Saturday night 16th Nov. starting at about 7.30pm We hold the Blackpool Film
Convention Dinner this is held in a private room at the hotel and is a three course dinner, during the dinner we have a film quiz between
the diners this a series of 15 film questions and diners write their answers on their own answer sheet,at the end of the quiz the diner with the most correct answers wins a prize.
Following on from this there is a raffle where there is approx 25 prizes up for grabs, raffle tickets are on sale in the dinning room
just before and during the dinner, tickets are 1 pound each,
raffle prizes will include 16mm feature film, a super 8 feature film
16mm cartoon, super8 cartoon other super8 or 16mm films, film books
DVD box sets and numerous other film related prizes.
The final event at the dinner is the film show which lasts approx
1 hour this year it is a 16mm show,this is shown in the dining room.
the whole evening lasts to about 12 midnight to 1am.
If you would like attend the Convention Dinner on Saturday night 16th
Nov. I am sure you will enjoy it, please just let me know via my e-mail address and will arrange a place for you at the dinner as my guest, you would be sitting with me at our table (there is about ten
diners per table).
Sunday 17th Nov. The Convention is held starting at 10.00am where there is numerous dealers with tables selling 8mm 16mm 35mm films etc. projectors other film equipment film books, dvd's and other items.there is also a bring and buy table and in the afternoon there will be an auction of films ie. super8 and 16mm if wish to sell any films you are welcome to put them on the bring and buy table or put them in the auction. Also during the convention day super8 and 16mm shows are presented in a separate room all convention attendees are welcome to the film shows.The Convention ends approx 5.00pm
We are a friendly group of film collectors and you would be most welcome to join us for part or all of the week-end as you wish.
This year we have collector friends joining us from Belgium, the USA,
Ireland, Scotland and from I think Malta.
If you wish to stay at the Grand Hotel for the week-end there might still be rooms available, if you are outside of the UK telephone
UK telephone dial code then 01253 627977 and ask to speak to Kerry
Eastwood tell her you wish to book a room for the Film convention Week-end this will get you a special price for the room for each night you wish to stay, the cost is 70 pounds per person per night
this will include your room a three course evening meal and a full english or continental breakfast (your choice).The Hotel is a 4 star
hotel.
If there is no more rooms available at the Grand Hotel please see the
list of other hotels I posted here on the forum 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Here is my e-mail address, david.watson36@mypostoffice.co.uk
Oliver or anyone else! please feel free to contact me for further help regarding the Blackpool Film Convention week-end.
PLEASE NOTE. IT IS ALSO KNOWN AS "THE NORTHWEST FILM FAIR"
Whichever name you use it's the same event on the same week-end.at the same hotel.

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 04, 2019 04:02 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great !

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2019 02:18 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thankyou David for that excellent summary of events for this years Blackpool Film Fair. anyone interested in film and film collecting should try and attend this superb event. it's the highlight of the year for many collectors and is eagerly looked forward too. a fabulous time for sure. looking forward to seeing everyone.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2019 03:56 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Paul- this event is simply not to be missed. And with more dealers than ever, endless film shows and like-minded people to chat to, there’s literally nothing to lose! Doubtless someone will say they can’t make it because of car troubles, shopping or lawn mowing, but that’s their loss totally.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 06, 2019 09:49 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have a lawn, car is on sick-call and as for shopping, well I intend to do the lot when I get there [Smile] Yes, this is a superb show and a fine group of dear people - Cheers, Shorty

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2019 10:08 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that the trams will be using a temporary stop (if they are that far advanced by the Film Fayre) and that the permanent tram station by Blackpool north will not be built until the lease on the Wilko store which occupies the site now expires in a year or so.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 06, 2019 01:06 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will be great to see you again, Shorty.

--------------------
Dominique

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2019 05:06 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am very much looking forward to being there .and will be attending the saturday night dinner with my son .sunday we have a table at the convention with super 8mm films from £5 and 16mm features from £40 you will have to be there to find out what .come and see usand say hi.such a great weekend and good fun for all .see you all there.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2019 04:12 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take my hat off to Dominique and Joe who travel globally to be at Blackpool, yet those in the locality only half an hour away can’t make it?
And before anyone says “can’t make it but do you have a list of films” the answer is always the same; you need to be there to purchase! It’s not a mail order event as David Guest once said. See you all there!

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2019 06:25 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes respect to these collectors. and lets not forget our visitors from Malta and Norway. it's a great pleasure indeed having them all here. this is now the only film collectors event in the uk where you can stay over for one to 3 days if you so wish. with something happening each day. so please try and come along and join the fun. many many bargains to be had in film and equipment on the sunday. and please remember. as David Guest used to say. support it or loose it.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 07, 2019 08:54 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One good indication that collectors would rather use it than lose it is the number of dinner bookings this year, as the current total is 72, which smashes the previous record of the post-Derann era. Six are from Norway! So I thank all the Forum members who have booked for their support. If anyone would still like to come to this, please let me know by next Tuesday at the latest. I should remind guests at The Grand, that they have only 'transferred' to the collectors' dinner if they have told me!

If anyone urgently needs somewhere to stay, send me a message as I can recommend a reasonably-priced hotel that's 7 minutes walk from The grand.

[ November 08, 2019, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 08, 2019 08:35 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, about the tram...I take ticket at manchester towards Blackpool, no problem, right? - Shorty

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 08, 2019 08:48 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty, the train is not involved, I think. It's only the tram.

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2019 10:32 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the train is as normal. The tram line goes closer to the station than before but not up to it as yet.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 08, 2019 01:35 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes - Cheers

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2019 03:37 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Shorty,

See you next week - my wife and I should be arriving at Blackpool around midday - so ill pop over to the Grand early evening - hope to see you there.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 09, 2019 08:35 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will look forward of course - Cheers

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2019 11:50 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes also looking to see you again shorty cheers simon [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
kinema king

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2019 04:33 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You very, very much, David!!!

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2019 01:46 PM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
leaving tomorrow for Blackpool dont care about being early its great just to be there.hope to see old and new faces.hope to see you there [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
kinema king

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2019 11:28 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not able to make it this year-too much to do in the garden. Hope you all have a good time. If anyone sees a Bolex I’m looking for though...

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2019 12:06 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will be an exellent weekend for all involved im sure those that cant make it have thier reasons .lets enjoy it .

[ November 15, 2019, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Nigel Higgins ]

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2019 02:36 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fellas, please don't do that. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you but please don't lower the tone.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2019 03:07 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who going to the saturday night dinner

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2019 05:24 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It will be an exellent weekend for all involved im sure those that cant make it have thier reasons .lets enjoy it ."

This is your edit post.

You've already spoilt the whole thing for me, you and Simon with his "Garden" post.

I don't like little clubs, clans, inside chit-chat crap.

Bullies.

Nah, you've ruined it for me.

Sorry fellas, I thought we were grown ups.

Good luck with it all.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC