Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant wait to go to the cinema to watch this one

Comment

• My wife asked me : "Why don't you treat me like you did when we were first dating?" So I took her to dinner and a movie...

Then dropped her off at her parent's house.

Comment

• Quentin Tarantino is on record saying this is the only scene in any movie that has ever actually disturbed him​

Comment

• I saw this at a sneak preview. There was still some optical work to be added, but Universal really wanted to get people’s opinions about the film.
          • Maître d': "Ah, good afternoon, sir; and how are we today?"
          • Mr. Creosote: "Better."
          • Maître d': "Better?"
          • Mr. Creosote: "Better get a bucket, I'm gonna throw up."
          ​The entire audience went crazy during this scene. I thought it was hilarious yet was surprised how far Python went with it.

I filled out my opinion card, saying that I was so happy that Universal put all this money into a film that was probably going to end up as a cult movie.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_E6069[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.6 KB ID:	104555

We found this metal sign at one of the many little doo-dad stores in Cape May when were down there for CineSea.

It's kind of an inside joke here: she looks a great deal like a distant (-and we like her that way!) relative that would say exactly that!

(-everybody has one!...at least!)

Comment

• Here is a bit more detail on Tarantino's reaction:

The Monty Python scene that made Quentin Tarantino sick
              Tyler Golsen
              Sun 16 April 2023 16:30, UK

You would expect Quentin Tarantino to have a hardy stomach. The legendary American director has never shied away from gore in his films, whether it’s in the explosive finale of Django Unchained or the wretch-worthy realistic scalping in Inglorious Basterds. Tarantino often uses extreme violence for comic relief, and one classic comedy film might have been the root of it.

Sure, Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life has one especially gory scene that can turn your stomach: ‘Live Organ Transplants’. There, John Cleese and Graham Chapman forcibly take Terry Gilliam’s liver out of his body while he’s still alive. The amount of blood and gore would be something that Tarantino would be proud to include in one of his own films, but that wasn’t the scene that made Tarantino queasy.

Instead, it ‘The Autumn Years’ that made Tarantino sick. That segment of the film featured Mr. Creosote, an absurdly obese and disgusting dinner patron played by Terry Jones who frequently vomits, often at high velocity. The grossness of Creosote makes his segment one of the hardest to watch in The Meaning of Life, as Tarantino recalled.

“The only time I’ve ever had to look away, because I couldn’t bear to watch, was The Meaning Of Life, when that fat bastard keeps being sick,” Tarantino told The Irish Examiner. “I felt really nauseous – it was just too much. I was looking around and I thought, ‘If anyone here is sick and I have to smell vomit, I’m going to hurl’.”

Tarantino managed to stay on an even keel, but just barely. “I just about held onto my lunch in the end, but I still can’t think about that scene without retching,” Tarantino explained.

Getting Tarantino’s stomach to turn is truly a badge of honour. ‘Mr. Creosote’ was one of the final skits to feature contributions from all six Monty Python members. Jones and Michael Palin wrote the original outline, which was then edited and expanded by Cleese and Chapman. Gilliam designed the fat suit and which eventually turned into an open chest cavity, and Eric Idle provides the opening song, ‘The Not Noël Coward Song’, that kicks off the segment.

Tarantino would generally gravitate toward the violent end of the gross scale for his films, but ‘Mr. Creosote’ proved to be an important stepping stone to show the director how much an audience could truly stomach.​
              Source: https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-mon...arantino-sick/

Comment

• The Milk Float

Comment

• Father Ted episode entitled "Speed 3" if I remember correctly!!

Comment

• Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humor

Comment

• If Laurel and Hardy rode bikes, this would have happened more than 90 years ago!

(Link)
                      Last edited by Steve Klare; September 07, 2024, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X