Permanent setup for projectors and screen - Your Screening Room Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chip and many thanks!

It's taken me over 4yrs to finally have my own place so that I can start projecting my films again - but it has definitely been worth the wait 😊

The living/cinema-room is still a work in progress as it is due to have two bespoke film-storage units built and fitted onto a couple of the walls which will store my rather large collection of 8 + 16mm films and projectors; then it needs redecorating and then finally some decent blackout curtains as it is so light up here on the west coast of Scotland - even at 10pm!

When the room is finally finished, hopefully by the end of September, I will post some more pictures.

Ali.

Comment

I tried the blackout panel curtains and they worked really well for me.

Instead of curtain rods and brackets - I used door frame material - the same as what yard sticks are made from - and slipped the wood into where the rod goes through the curtain loop. Then with a nail gun, I tacked them right against the wall. This eliminates any daylight from bleeding through. It was also tacked in down the sides as well as across the top. My goal was to make my living room dark enough for matinees. And it worked VERY good for the intended purpose.

Comment

Many thanks for the advice Chip 😊

I'll need to find something like that as then I can project during the day too and before it gets too late at night!

Ali.

Comment

I purchased daylight blocking blinds from Ikea. Perfect. I can watch films on a summers afternoon with no problem and they look neat.

Comment

Hi Martin and many thanks for the information - I'm looking into these as well 😊

Ali.

Comment

Ali I use a ultra white blackout blind for daily projection.
              when showing scope films a hang a 8ft screen over the front of it. Since doing various upgrades we've had lots more film day shows it's been a god send.

People are really inventive. I remember one guy who had a cupboard over a staircase. He knocked a projection port thru one end and made a door on the side of the wall housing projectors inside. We used to sit on his landing watching films on his white wall.

Keep the pictures coming fascinating.

Comment

I also use the daylight blocker panels, they work very well...

Comment

Thanks Lee and everyone else and will do 👍

Ali.

Comment

At last I finally have had my bespoke Film Storage-Unit installed! 😊

I've also had a few extra shelves put up in the alcove which acts as an editing-booth/maintenance and doubles-up as a Two-Projector set-up.... pictures to follow.

Comment

Comment

We have this thing that keeps happening here:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Demo_thumbnail_IMG_2730.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.8 KB ID:	22282

-it's called "Home Improvement", but that doesn't cover all the Home Destruction that comes with it too! There's all the dust and the banging and the dumpster in the driveway (-in MY parking space too!). Sure, it's worth it in the long term, but it's hard to convince yourself of this when you're combing plaster dust out of the cat!

I have this dumb habit I keep falling into. I have a job: I'm supposed to be able to go to work during the day. If something nasty is happening back at the house, I go to my nice, organized job and enjoy the serenity! This often fails me when I need it the most. We did this huge remodeling downstairs about 11 years ago where by the time we got done losing the area being worked on and storing the displaced furniture, "home" was reduced to three bedrooms and the bathroom with a microwave on a table out in the hall. We had to run the power cord through the bathroom door, so we couldn't cook and...you know at the same time! The refrigerator was in the living room in an area not directly accessible from upstairs. In order to get to it we had to go down two flights and out the back door and then run around the house!

-of course in the middle of this I became unemployed for two months and had to live in this disaster 24/7! (GOOD times!)

Well, it's 11 years later and I still have the new job, but times being what they are I'm working from home.

-so, of course we re-did the den!

I decided while I was at at, I'd make sure to put my mark on the results.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Without_thumbnail_IMG_2816.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	22283

Meet Theater II!

Click image for larger version  Name:	With_thumbnail_IMG_2817.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.0 KB ID:	22284

-because sometimes the dining room is ONLY for dining!

Warning:
                        Have a fire, watch a film: don't do both!

Comment

Look great Steve - so now you have your very own multi-plex! 😉

Comment

Thanks!

The funny thing is, this turns out to be basically an 8mm Theater first and foremost. The throw is too short to allow my 16mm machine and its fixed focal length lens to fill the screen and the acoustics of the room (mostly hard surfaces) favor quieter transport mechanisms.

-of course, since the real sound system lives upstairs, I'm operating unplugged when I'm down there.

What to do?
                            What to do?!

Comment

Very nice Steve

Comment

That screen fits perfectly Steve! What size is it and where and how are your placing your projector? What is the throw length?

Comment

Working...
                                X