No announcement yet.

Permanent setup for projectors and screen - Your Screening Room Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the number of bricks in the fireplace I'd guess that it is a 6ft square screen part pulled down.

Comment

Hi Brian

It's a 4.5(ish)x6(ish) foot screen: basically what the space would allow. It's been sitting around waiting for this renovation to take place

This is pretty much an auxiliary: it's good for Academy formatted films, 'scope would not prosper down there. There is no sound system either. This was where I first showed films in this house, but I abandoned this space years ago when I discovered a really great throw (-up to 30 Feet!) upstairs through the back porch/dining room/living room and into a screen mounted in the front window. For years afterwards the den was Thomas the Tank Engine, then Wii, then X-box. (He's in college now, so we have re-conquered it!)

I have this ragtag collection of spare home electronic equipment that is the beginning of some kind of audio entertainment system. What it lacks to really get going is an amp and speakers (-kinda critical deficiency!) On top of that, If I was to pipe projector sound through this non-existent system, I'd need a now non-existant interface. The one I have upstairs I built on a vector board from components, so I don't see this happening overnight.

Hi Janice,

The throw is limited here: it's the width of the room, so maybe 20 feet maximum. We have my Mom's antique Singer treadle sewing machine: it will sit in back of a couch facing the screen and the projector will sit on top of the (closed) case. When there are no projectors it will just look nice! (Stealth Cinema!)

Now: this is a spit level, so theoretically I could gain another maybe 8 feet of throw by projecting through the staircase also facing the screen, it's just there's something unsavory about projecting from the floor!

Comment

Well done Steve, nice cosy set up. Looking at your pics I think you might have room to mount a scope screen that would roll down in front of your present screen and out far enough to clear the front of those side shelf units.

Comment

-actually I'm seeking a political solution.

The new den is so wonderful, maybe I can get my wife to watch TV downstairs full time and enjoy my 92" wide screen upstairs at will! The new furniture is ever so comfortable!

Negotiation is ongoing (-it's marriage, after all!), given the right tone, maybe I can get this and a Lasagna before Christmas too! (...yet, at what cost?!)

Wish me luck!

Comment

Good luck Steve.
            In the 80's I hatched a cunning plan. We had a large cupboard at the back of the lounge which was more of a small room really then knocked a projection port hole thru the adjoining wall making a pretty timber frame work. I concealed the hole with a picture and made a equipment rack for machines and sound system. Then I put in a full timber bar for parties...as you do and popcorn maker. It was something else! My wife knew nothing of this till we invited friends for the first show when I revealed the tidy hole, oh and I had also put a 35mm GBN projector against the back wall. It was a hilarious unveiling ceremony and much rejoicing took place. The silly things we do for the love of film and entertainment.

Pal of mine in Yorkshire UK converted his cellar in a 1800's property to a fisherman's theme including a small boat, like me a Titanic film nut. He kept his film collection shelved in the boat.
            Brilliant memories which we should really lay on paper perhaps in Reel Image magazine.

Miss that GBN projector it used to leak oil like mad and shake the floor but was so much fun.

Comment

Steve, your fireplace screen has a longer throw distance than in any place I've ever lived in and even though it's small, it's all yours! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.

Comment

I had post my Location in the old 8mm Forum a few Years ago. But now I will try it here again.
                The machines are Bauer Sonolux II for 35mm, Elmo GS 1200 with long Arms for Super 8 and Panasonic PTAT 5000 for digital Projection in 2D and 3D.
                Some PicΒ΄s are a little bit older and looking different to the actually ones.

Comment

Fabulous set up Thomas! Am I seeing a remote powered mechanism for focusing and zooming the GS1200 LENS?

Comment

That is impressive Thomas! What a beautiful Cinema you have. You can be proud of that set up.

Comment

Hi Paul! This is a Stepper Motor with a Wormgear for only focus remote. The Zoom must be adjusted before starting the Show. But now I have an Update with a second Motor for adjusting the Frame from my Seat.

Comment

Finally got my film related posters put up in my new house thanks to my son Darrin. My cine room is starting to take shape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Posters-in-new-cine-room.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	24330 Click image for larger version

Name:	Posters_MeandDarrin.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	24331

Comment

Amazing setup Thomas, I would never leave that room and setup if it were mine πŸ˜€. Nice decorations Janice, and nice that you’re getting help from the family, hope the interest in this hobby manages to get passed down πŸ€“

Comment

Super Janice

Comment

Your set-up in your new house is looking good Janice! πŸ™‚

Comment

Like that arrangement, Janice. Reminiscent of the old Bijou Theatre days...Shorty

Comment

Working...
                                X