No announcement yet.

Permanent setup for projectors and screen - Your Screening Room Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

​​​​​​Thanks Shorty! My cine room is totally functional for now. I am still using the wall for my projections and looking at various screen alternatives. I plan on replacing the patio furniture with recliner couches once it's safer to go into a furniture store. I also want to get room darkening shades. But all in all it's very comfortable and fun to watch my films and digital movies.

The pictures below were taken during the daytime so you could see the arrangement. At night when it's dark it's like sitting in a movie theater.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210311_170952332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.0 KB ID:	29811 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210311_171417029.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.1 KB ID:	29816 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210311_172332142.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	29812 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210208_060855973.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	29814
    Last edited by Janice Glesser; March 11, 2021, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Looks really good Janice ☺️

Hopefully you will be able to get the furniture you want soon - but in the meantime, those patio chairs look mighty comfortable!

Comment

Fabulous throw to the wall there...reminds one if an ampitheatre ( In the round )...very nice, Janice...Shorty

Comment

Great set up Janice I made a lot changes to our home theater and will have to post some new pictures.

Comment

Roger Shunk Can't wait to see what you done

Comment

I really enjoy popping on a 200ft or 400ft digest, or a few trailers, whenever the feeling for a few minutes of film comes on, so I decided it would be nice to have a casual set up to supplement my main screening room with the 120 ins CinemaScope screen. Something easy to run on a smaller scale. So here is what I have now set up in my office/den. The GS1200 #2 is output to a 10 band stereo equalizer and then onto a little 3w stereo amplifier coupled to headphones. There are no speakers (yet!​) as I really enjoy listening to super 8 stereo through headphones, much more directional. The screen is a 60 ins wide roll down positioned in front of a closet. Masking is four separate felt covered panels, and is manually put up for each showing and takes less than a minute to install.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02934.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	31633 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02935.JPG
Views:	525
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	31634

Comment

Very nice set-up Paul!

So does that mean that whereas when some people have two cars, they are called a 'two-car household' ....you are in fact now a 'two-projector set-up household'! 😉

Comment

I guess you could put it that way Ali. However I am not in the league of Keith Wilton who has 3 screening rooms in his house according to Armchair Odeon's!

Comment

Well if space was not the issue for any of us, if would be great to have say our 3 favourite Projectors set-up in different rooms depending on what specific projection requirements our film collections required 😊

Comment

I believe Keith is having damp problems in this basement cinema at present (at least at the time of the latest Film Collecting magazine) and building work in other parts of the house is preventing it being cured. The cost on top of that is another factor.

Comment

I currently have 4 screens and 7 projectors set up in 3 different rooms. Aside from work my house is me and my hobbies.

Comment

I have a similar freedom Bill, but without the work aspect.

When I moved up to Scotland and bought this apartment I made sure it had a large living-room for my film hobby and a large second bedroom for my other hobby which requires a lot of space - model railways 😊

Comment

Having all my projector watching is much simpler to maintain in one location. From a single stand I have 16 mm, 8 mm, DVD, and Roku and Chromecast streaming via digital projector.

I wish I had more audio knowledge so to hook up a good sound system, but my trusty little guitar amps do a good job still.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210408_172136690.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	31936

​​​​​​
                            Last edited by Janice Glesser; April 10, 2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Still a great set-up Janice! 🙂

Comment

Hi,

You will find on my website (link below) the screening room of a friend. In the past, he has a 35mm et 16mm projector but now because of his age he only use videoprojector. But his screening room is beautiful.

https://cinedantan.fr/la-salle-de-cinema-dhenry/

Comment

Working...
                                X