8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 214)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 30, 2018 06:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, Alexander Nevski, a 1937 Russian film with English subtitles (not always easy to read as it is sometimes white on white). Today, a 1962 French film, Le caporal épinglé with well known actors when they were Young. Both films were mounted on a large spool and projected with my Spondon Long Play Unit.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2018 02:16 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique-There are three more Colgates (!) ABBOTT AND COSTELLO CHRISTMAS SHOW (2x400), ABBOTT AND COSTELLO IN THE WHITE HOUSE (3x400) and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET THE CREATURE (from the Black Lagoon) (!x400). Only "White House" is complete at six reels.It is puzzling why the others were issued shortened ("Martin and Lewis" is three reels and "Creature" is an extract,one episode of another show.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2018 12:51 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just had a very pleasant Bank Holiday Monday afternoon even though it is pouring with rain outside.

After searching high and low for the special power lead that I needed to power up a projector that could play a couple of standard 8 films that came into my possession....... I found it !

So, for the first time in around 20 years or so I cranked up the Eumig Mark S 709 super 8 / standard 8 sound projector and viewed the standard 8 sound films of the Pathe Sports Review of 1968,
and the Pathe News Review of the 1960's.

Ok, so it had difficulty reaching 24fps, so watched it comfortably at 18fps regardless of the fact that the narrator sounded blind drunk! The bulb worked a treat! Sound was fine! Picture quality very good. Probably just needs a couple of new belts..... I hope that's all!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2018 08:39 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
April 2 1987 The music world mourns the loss of drummer Buddy Rich

April 2 2018 Tonight I screened Visit to a Small Planet

Buddy has an uncredited cameo roll as the drummer in the nightclub sequence.

31 years is a long time.

RIP TRAPS!

[ April 03, 2018, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Chip Gelmini ]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2018 03:30 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to say that just after Easter (where does the time go?) I had my annual treat of watching the Tom & Jerry Cinemascope cartoon "Happy go Ducky" a Derann print on Agfa stock.

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2018 02:54 PM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I was looking at the Tarzan: A life for a life with Ron Ely. 3x 400"
I really do like Tarzan films.
Watched it with my T610 from Bauen, since I had not spliced the mobvie together on a 1200" reel yet.
It was actually no problem at all rewinding in between.

Nice film with a lot of Tarzan swinging on the trees and fighting with animals.
A very old fashioned cozy film and I had a plessend time watching it.
Not the sharpest film, but still very good.
I bought it from Super8Warehouse.
Before this I watched:
Mysterious Island 1x 400", which was a lot happening on a small reel, hahaha.
A little bit old, with woman that needed help from man all the time because they fainted 'all the time'.
At the end I like it still hahaha.

This week I'm going to watch the: Gullivers Travels Cartoon 4x 400", after I spiced them together on 2x 240" in one box, that I just ordered.

Ohh yes,...
I also ordered Mickey and the Clock Cleaners with good color, and I can hardly waitr till it's arrived.
I'll let you all know how it went.
Will probably be my most precious film, till the next one adventure comes along.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 09, 2018 11:08 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You inpsired us Matt ...

We decided to watch "Greystroke: The legend of Tarzan" super 8 optical feature. I like Tarzan, my wife likes Christopher Lambert, and I like the fact that my print hasn't faded. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2018 11:17 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's a great Tarzan movie indeed.
I can buy it for not to much on 16mm as well, next to a lot of Disney films for around €115.
Disneyt films are Dutch synchronized, which is fine for me.
Only than I have to search for a good 16mm projector and that is a whole new teritory for me.

Oh ehhh,... I couldn't help myself and I did spliced the 3x 400" together on a 1200" reel.
As soon as I'm going to watch the film again on my GS1200 I probably feel the need for that convcersion again.
Oh my.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2018 04:01 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched a few films over two days,Marathon Man 3x400,Chinatown 3x400,Reflections US 200ft,Memories of Me optical feature and Grease 3x400,enjoyed them all again,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2018 04:52 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I saw a very clean and colorfull Clock Cleaners that made me very happy.
Also the 20 Century fox 1x 400" Star Wars, destroing the Death Star.
In a luxe cover (soft plastic) with beautifull photo's.
A very nice cut also.
For lightsaber fights you need the other one, but this one had a perfect X-Wing showoff and skyfighting.
Colors were a bit reddish, but not too much, so colors were still there, even bright whites.
I enjoyed the evening.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 13, 2018 08:15 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Standard (regular) 8 films : (all silent) Desperate Scoundrel ; Run, Girl, Run ; Danger Girl ; Edison Album and Whiskers.

--------------------
Dominique

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2018 03:52 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have bought one or two items recently, so tonight was a "catch up" night to find out what they are like.

Firstly, The Shillingbury Melon. a 2x 600' film which was part of a 7 episode series called The Shillingbury Tales which ran for just one season in the UK on TV in about 1980. A comedy filmed, unusually even for 1980, on 16mm as opposed to video. My copy is super 8. A light hearted tale of English village life for its newly retired resident who has just taken up gardening... and growing a melon. It stars UK favourites Robin Nedwell, Lionel Jeffries (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) and Diane Keen.

The second was a 4x 400' called, depending on which side of the pond you are on, "Murder Inc." or "The Enforcer." Sadly NOT Clint Eastwood before you start having kittens, but a 1951 (very good) gangster film starring Humphrey Bogart.

A pleasant evening!

--------------------

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2018 05:22 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a film bought on eBay the other day. The seller didn't know much about it describing it as a 8mm film, "On one side of the case is a sticker for Duel of The Wizards from The Sword in The Stone and on the other side is a partially ripped off sticker for The Prince and the Dragon from Sleeping Beauty". He had no means of telling what the film actually was but I thought I'd chance it. It turned out to be both those Disney extracts spliced together on a 400 ft reel with sound and vivid colour. There were different film stocks used with the first being on Fuji processed by Bucks Labs. I'm guessing that they were Waltons. Not a bad buy for 99p post free!

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2018 04:44 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My post has been sent twice
I don’t know why

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2018 04:47 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday afternoon I was watching THE RIDDLE OF THE SANDS, one of those forgotten theatrical treasures.
And in memory of the touching desaster on April 14th/15th 1912 I screened TITANIC last night. A feature which never loses its magic. A thrilling masterpiece with a brilliant scope image and a legendary soundtrack.
One of the timeless classics...

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2018 07:39 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone tell me if, and what, other episodes from the Ron Ely Tarzan tv series were released by Real Film other than THE PRODIGAL PUMA,RENDEZVOUS FOR REVENGE,KING OF THE DWASARI,THE ULTIMATE WEAPON and A LIFE FOR A LIFE? Perhaps there is another one ,shortened to 2x400. These are all of course in the original english with dutch subtitles. And what about Italy and Spain? (All dubbed, of course).

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2018 05:31 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goodness me ! TWO film shows on TWO consecutive nights! However, this time I had an audience courtesy of the presence of Mrs.E.

Having recently managed to track down reel 7 to the full feature, thanks to our forum colleague Stuart Reid, I managed to screen for the first time in its entirety all 8x 400' reels of "That's Entertainment." It was worth the wait. What a wonderful film and so re-watchable! It is the perfect example that demonstrates what super 8 film collecting is all about.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 15, 2018 08:08 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Britain's Tram Era, an intersting (for the early footage) Walton documentary, silent black and white. Two standard (regular) 8 films : Remember When (Harry Langdon) and a sound documentary : Crocodile Hunt. For an unkown reason, this sound (Perry's Movie) film runs at 18 fps.

--------------------
Dominique

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2018 12:38 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to be a regular thing for 16mm silent films too, even 16fps.
Last time I had a sound film (cartoon) that was probably selfrecorded on 18fps, with only music.
I trew it away with a bunch of misbuying films from a few years back, like silent cartoons, films with bad sound or bad perforation, just to make space, or so that I not play those again, because I forgot the bad quallity of those.
I cannot sell those again to another unfortunate guy and keep a clean conscience, like those who done that to me.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 21, 2018 07:44 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Four standard (regular) 8 films (all silent) : Whispering Lions, Dining On A Dollar (Charlie Chaplin), The Channel Swimmers and Keystone Cops To The Rescue.

--------------------
Dominique

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2018 03:47 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night: SEEING THE WORLD, an el-cheapo 1927 Little Rascals as the kids accompany teacher Jimmie Finlayson on a trip to Europe.Filmed entirely in the studio,in front of process screens, with very few location shots,done with stand ins. I wouldn't mind all that but the film just isn't funny. The kids are adlibbing around as the teacher tries to keep them in some kind of order. Stan Laurel appears in one scene.Very few laughs.Average standard 8 print, from unknown source. RANGE RIDER, a b&w terrytoon which I believe,is THE STRANGER RIDES AGAIN from 1938. A Lone Ranger parody,an exellent copy (from Collectors Club?) in super 8. Plus,some excerpts from LA VITA DI JESU.50 footers depicting events from the life of Jesus. Obviously a sound European production,but I can't tell which exactly!!!Standard 8 silent,of very good quality,found by a friend in the flea market.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2018 03:48 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2018 05:45 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have look "The Wild Bunch" Super 8 german Scope Print on 7x400 feet Reels. Rare to find, but i love this Movie.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 27, 2018 12:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could you PLEASE share some screenshots from it, faded or not? [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2018 12:27 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday April 25th 2018

Feature only

2010 The Year We Make Contact

Super 8 Cinemascope

Used print, probably Derann's mastering. Mono sound beautiful color. I think I bought it used from another collector a very long time ago. The sound seems like someone tried a re-dub and messed it up. Made on 4 x 600 foot reels, some are louder than other. Picture quality is A+

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC