8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 212)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 14, 2018 02:20 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I tried out Charlie Chaplin "The Immigrant" an old Walton Std 8 silent on the Eumig 810D LUX HQS... it looked good and ran well [Cool]

|  IP: Logged

Jason Patnode
Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2018 04:09 AM      Profile for Jason Patnode   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Patnode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Picked up a beautiful bolex m8 projector and just watched The Lost World. The print was great. Even our accompanying music seemed to sync up without a problem. All in all a great evening.

--------------------
Jason Patnode

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 15, 2018 04:37 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Several musical trailers mounted on the same spool. Colours a litle bit faded bud still watchable with a filter.

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2018 02:37 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night's delight was the Walton 4x400 release of Please Sir,No Oscar winner but colours very good so helped,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 17, 2018 06:32 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An incomplete (I didn't remember what was on the spool) promotional film for a car company in Dutch language. Surprinsingly, good colours. Then several silent films : A Submarine Pirate (with Sydney Chaplin), Battle At Elderbush and two Tom Mix films (Local Color and Arizona Wooding)

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2018 04:37 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dug out another couple of films i haven't seen for some time,The Malta Story 5x400 and Reach for the Sky feature,both very enjoyable,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2018 05:33 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I screened JAMES BOND - THUNDERBALL on the big scope screen.
Although dark in places it is a superb print.
I re-recorded the feature with a new Stereo sound from the DVD source
and it was an amazing event.
You have to see Bond on the screen!

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2018 05:34 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I screened JAMES BOND - THUNDERBALL on the big scope screen.
2x1200 feet reels.
Although dark in places it is a superb print.
I re-recorded the feature with a new Stereo sound from the DVD source
and it was an amazing event.
You have to see Bond on the screen!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 17, 2018 10:04 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I cant even remember when the last time I ran "Beauty and the Beast" on the GS1200 as it was so long ago.

I bought this print brand new from Derann when they first released it back in the 1990s

It was a real joy to screen it once again this aftenoon and it looked great, the stereo sound also was very good. [Cool]
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 22, 2018 07:21 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two silent films : Love Loot And Crash, 1915 and The Perfect Clown with Larry Semon and Oliver Hardy, 1925.

--------------------
Dominique

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2018 09:32 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, now you know what to get me for Christmas! [Smile]

Not the first time I've thought of how horrible it is that you live halfway around the world!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 26, 2018 01:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did something that I hadn't actually done in quite awhile, i had a film night for friends and family! (usually it's just family).

In this case, it was a "Stooge-A-thon"! We watched 6 of the original shorts ...

Men In Black
Disorder in the Court
Pardon My Skotch
Hoi Polloi
Violent is the Word for Curly

and ...

Pardon My Backfire (3D!!)

Except for "Backfire" and "Disorder", they were all original Columbia 400ft titles and boy, did they do a really great job on those prints. Very sharp and in most cases, the audio was actually than I've heard elsewhere at times.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2018 05:15 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I ran a few 400 footers and all with good to excellent colour still,Gentlemen Prefer Blondes,Escape to Athena,Quiller Memorandum,The Jolson Story and Superman the Movie,nice to view them again,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 03, 2018 09:26 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do like the 400 ft versions, you can see so many movies in one evening & when they are edited well you do feel like you have watched the movie. [Wink]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 03, 2018 12:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlmen Prefer Blondes was actually not a bad digest, the funny thing is that our digest has mint color but at one short moment or two in the film, there is a cut from really good color to really bad, and I'm betting that some eastman film stock was cut in at that specific point, in the original source material for the negative. Weird.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2018 12:44 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,
Good point there,watching well edited cutdowns are good fun,ones that end abruptly I'm not keen on,they get going then end and some you have no idea on story line.

Osi,
I noticed a few small shots that seemed faded on my Gentlemen Prefer Blondes with very good colour throughout,it probably happens to quite a few others too.

Now watching Little Caeser 3x400,this is quite a good cutdown,print quality isn't bad either for it's age,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 03, 2018 05:46 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Slums Of Berlin, a 1925 German film (silent of course). Although my Fumeo has a two blades shutter, I could Watch the film at 18 fps without flickering. Maybe because the blades are large ?

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 04:15 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think the screen brightness and screen size would be more important than the blade width, Dominique. The edges of you vision are more likely to notice flicker. That said I would thinner blades would be less noticeable.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 05:31 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, on the same screen, with other projectors the flickering at 18 fps is very noticeable with a two blades shuter. The difference I see with the other projectors is that, as I said, the blades seem larger and the lamp seems to be located at a longer distance from the window.

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 02:42 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I gave in at last, after the snow here had gone and hearing about a stranded train in the North, so I watched a DRC print of "Snowdrift at Bleath Gill" on genuine B&W stock, so no colour shift.

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2018 06:13 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have look on Saturday Crocodile Dundee (Ex Airline Print) with german Stereo magnetic Soundtrack. The magnetic stripe comes from Italy, great quality

and i have seen a very rare full lengh Print in Scope from "The Devils - 1971 - with Oliver Reed) The Print is from germany, Agfa Stock on 5x600 feet Reels

Great Super 8 Day [Smile]

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2018 07:53 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Devils in super 8? Very rare! I'd love to have that in my collection.

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2018 03:51 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Stuart, Super 8, it gives only two Prints from this Title here in Germany. I can make Screenshots.

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2018 11:37 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I watch the first reel of my new feature from Steve @ The Reel Image "Star Wars Episode III – Revenge of the Sith" in scope.
Print quality is excellent. The sound is excellent. Excuse the poor picture quality, I used my cell phone while the print was running.
 -
 -

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2018 01:13 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I don’t like the „new“ Star Wars features I must say that the print really looks awesome. Do You have 2 soundstripes for Stereo sound? Really a great Super-8-jewel! Congratulations!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC