8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 19 - Pick the Friday Night Feature (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: CineSea 19 - Pick the Friday Night Feature
Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2019 10:27 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Elvis gets the cake this time and is the winner

Since it was a three way tie for second do you think we should recount? [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2019 07:37 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad Brian Elvis won !

2nd place doesn't matter .

Suck it up and live with it .

--------------------
Dave

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 23, 2019 09:55 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It pays to remember: this is maybe the third time that The King has been on the ballot and he's finally gotten his day on screen.

Especially if your print came close, please run it again. (Let's not bury our wounded!)

Thank you! Thank you verra much!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2019 10:26 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wise Words Steve!

I'm most looking forward to the company in watching the film! It's hard to find a good crowd to watch films the way they were intended!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2019 11:17 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well put Steve

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 23, 2019 11:30 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very True!

The bonus being you will never hear "Why do you bother with all this? Just get Netflix!"

It just bothers me that there are really spectacular sounding prints that should get their time on the big screen: even if not this time, maybe next time or next year.

Example:

My sister is a Nurse: she's worked in the ER (hunting mishaps, car accidents) and OR (amputations, appendectomies, infections, open thoraxes with hearts beating). I think it's fair to say she's not at all squeamish!

-and yet she came home from seeing JAWS in the theater visibly shaken! A couple of days later there was a beer commercial and these guys yanked a trout into a row boat: she literally screamed!

I've seen it any number of times on the small screen. To me it's a great adventure tale, but it didn't scare me at all.

I'm not pretending to be less prone to having the crap scared out of me than my sister, who was literally called "Blood and Guts" when she was undergrad at Hunter/Bellevue! I'm an Engineer: when something dies on us we just buy a new one!

That's why I want to see this movie Ten feet high some day!

-of course the element of surprise is kind of gone...

"-and there goes Quint!"

[ April 23, 2019, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2019 02:15 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly another CineSea I have to miss because of prior obligations to my other hobby this Saturday, which unlike film collecting pays for itself. Roustabout is also my favorite Elvis film, and if Todd is selling his print after this screening, let me know, I would be interested! I hope to make the CineSea in October and see everyone again unless it falls on the weekend of October 19th...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2019 02:22 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be great to meet you Joe! Hope you can make it next time!

--------------------

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2019 06:53 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
David if you took the time to notice I don't have a horse in the race.It was a joke asking for a recount.So I don't give a care who's second. I was only referring to the fact it's funny that a certain person pointed oyt there was a three way tie for second. Like it really matters being tied for first of the losers. What do you want a recount or booby prize?

That being said I can't wait to watch Elvis and hang out with my friends. also sing along with Elvis and with Tammy while the film is running

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2019 07:21 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it does sound like fun

Let's all see if I can shake my belly like Elvis shakes his hips

--------------------
Dave

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2019 07:25 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
I plan on coming to dance and sing to the king. Let's all grease our hair.

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2019 07:31 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry but I don't have enough hair to grease.... [Frown]

--------------------
Dave

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 23, 2019 08:38 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, I could've sworn that a three way tie for second would be of particular interest to you. Isn't that why you asked to see the actual vote count in the first place?

Nice to see A Hard Day's Night stayed in the running with Jaws & Raiders as it's one of my favorite films.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2019 02:25 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Im glad you posted the results your showing transparency.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2019 08:17 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Result count or not, I haven’t felt a lack of transparency in the selection of the Friday night choice, now or in the past

--------------------

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2019 10:00 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No not me or anyone else I spoke to on this matter either

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2019 01:25 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know im in the UK and ive nothing against Elvis - but to pick Roustabout - which is hardly the Kings finest celluloid hour over Raiders and Jaws is something of a mystery to me.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2019 01:54 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's interesting; There were so many titles to chose from that the majority of voters were split! The majority did not choose Rostabout, but there were those dedicated voters that made it happen. Had the votes been conducted in a bracketed fashion I feel the outcome would be different. But who has time for that?!?!

I'm not complaining either way. The feature to me is a warm up for the festivities to come the very next day!

[ April 24, 2019, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Evan Samaras ]

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 24, 2019 02:34 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One way to look at it is with this many great prints in contention, Friday Night Feature has a long future ahead of it!

I made my vote regretting all the ones I voted against. (Until we take over the same space in the hotel next door, it will stay just one at a time. [Wink] )

-and I think the King will sound just great through those big speakers!

--------------------

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2019 04:08 PM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to seeing everyone. I still haven’t picked what films I’m bringing to sell! Last time I had everything priced and categorized weeks out. Sigh. I’ll be skipping the Friday night feature, so what’s the skinny on breakfast? I have yet to attend.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 24, 2019 07:53 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

You have mail. Skinny mail.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Nicole Tucky
Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2019 07:58 PM      Profile for Nicole Tucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Roustabout has been the only consecutive film that has been nominated for four different CineSeas - and, in my opinion, it's about time it won! [Big Grin]

It's nice to change things up by playing a musical instead of another action film - and spring is the perfect time for any big musical!

See y'all real soon - and get ready Thursday night crew. We got some Werewolf (our murder mystery game) to play. [Cool]

--------------------
Crimson Ghost Girl

"Life is like a box chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2019 08:32 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
What are you talking about Fright night house of wax and psycho star wars,Aliens are not action films. Plus when was the last cinesea an action film was shown? I've been keeping track and most of the time it's sci fi and horror. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Nicole Tucky
Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2019 08:41 PM      Profile for Nicole Tucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Google, the definition of an action film is "...a film genre in which the protagonist or protagonists are thrust into a series of challenges that typically include violence, extended fighting, physical feats, and frantic chases."

I believe all of those films you just listen classify as an actio film.

It's a nice change of pace with an Elvis film that is a fun, feel good musical, which is exactly what we need for this Spring's CineSea!

See everyone there! [Wink]

--------------------
Crimson Ghost Girl

"Life is like a box chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2019 08:43 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

I believe you are taking her use of the word action too literal in a respect. My interpretation is that she is using it in a flexible manner to express the type of sequences. While they may not fall into the specific Genre of Action, they contain many more action like sequences than a musical. To think of it strictly in terms of the Genre Action may be too rigid of an interpretation.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC