8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Northwest Film Fair Hilton Hotel Blackpool (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Northwest Film Fair Hilton Hotel Blackpool
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2014 05:18 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pleased to confirm that my film fair is almost booked up an updated list will be published shortly also a list of films which will be being shown on sunday by don sykes and bob nichols

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 11, 2014 07:15 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try another one, that was at a convention some place

Bernard Cribbins

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 20, 2014 10:05 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David Prowse?

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 20, 2014 02:02 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got the trip sorted. Only thing left is train or bus from Manchester to Blackpool. What do you suggest? Which is cheapest, which is fastest?

Thanks

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 20, 2014 04:49 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar the Train is the perfect solution from Manchester to Blackpool. If I am off work and am able to go myself, you are more than welcome to join myself and another collector in the car if you wish.

I would have to let you know nearer the time whether or not I am able to attend, but either way, the train journey is just fine and takes only 1 hour. Also reasonably priced for a return ticket for the day / weekend.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 21, 2014 01:44 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, appreciate that info, just an hour is fine :-) We are three people, so train would be okay, if it goes from the airport

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2014 03:10 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would get the train its less than than a hour from Manchester to blackpool and if you book early you will get a cheeper ticket. bus would take take over 2 hours .when you get off train at blackpool get a taxi and you will be at the Hilton in about 5 mins

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 21, 2014 11:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure you head for for Manchester Piccadilly railway station Vidar, NOT Victoria.

There are two railway stations as mentioned in the centre of Manchester, Victoria & Piccadilly but only Piccadilly offers a service to Blackpool [Smile]

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 21, 2014 11:12 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I can find is trip costing almost 50 GBP, is that normal or high?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 21, 2014 11:33 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It is a while since I have done the trip by rail Vidar but that seems high to me. Is this a weekend return ticket or a day ticket?

I will do some research for you Vidar once you let me know what type of ticket it is that you intend to purchase.

--------------------

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2014 03:50 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am currently putting together the after-dinner film reel for the Saturday night only. This begins with about 200' of my own cine camera footage from various film events plus Derann's last day of trading which encapsulates my short tribute to them. The rest of the reel will consist of other interesting items from my collection.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 22, 2014 03:53 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is Saturdays show? Because I am not going to the dinner, would that mean we can't see?

Thanks

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2014 04:58 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film is only for the Saturday night.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 22, 2014 07:12 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But are we allowed to come to the show, even if we don't attend the dinner? Hope the Friday show is still on :-)

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2014 05:21 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday film show is still on and is free to everyone and is projected by lee Mannering .Saturday show is on after the evening meal.there will be a small charge for this .sunday on the day of convention is on and will be projected by don sykes and bob Nichols this will on throughout the day and is free .every one is welcome at all 3 shows whether you are staying at the Hilton or not

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 23, 2014 08:42 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar - It's slightly too soon to be getting the best discounted rail fares. I tried looking up prices from London and the fares were very high, but the ones the weekend before the event were much lower. That means that we can expect the lowest fares to become available during the next week. They will be much cheaper than what you see now.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2014 03:28 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
room for one table at the northwest film fair then room is fully booked last chance to obtain a table contact me on the forum or email me on dwgdodgems@hotmail.co.uk

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2014 02:59 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
september nearly with us.Blackpool film fair will soon be here. make your plans now. do not leave until last minute to attend this great great event.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 28, 2014 03:17 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope there is lots of S8 stuff there and no videos /DVDs!

Having spoken to one or two of my collecting friends, I believe last years event was much improved over the recent ones, whereby unless you are into 16mm or movie memorabilia etc or DVD's, there was apparently very little for the S8 enthusiast,however if you like digital formats, there were loads of merchandise!

Not really what you want to see at a film convention, and in one instance the collector said he wished he hadn't bothered going for the small amount of very average Super 8mm material that was on offer on the day.

Lets just hope then the convention carries on from where it left off last year, with plenty of actual film in all guages including Super 8mm quality sought after items.

[ August 29, 2014, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2014 03:46 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope to get there. I think Henry who likes watching films will come with me, but the rest who knows. I took Tik who's from Thailand and Cindy still in pram it was too cold for her. Not too bad for just the day.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2014 04:29 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last years was indeed the best for many a year.new venue has definately helped. i thought a very good selection was on offer last year,and i expect to see similar, if not better this year.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 28, 2014 06:14 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar - I checked the Virgin Railways site http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/ This shows that you can now get a return from Manchester Piccadilly to Blackpool North for £17.70.

I've booked my return from East Croydon to Blackpool for £40 in total. Anyone travelling from London or the South East on Friday may find that it's very difficult to get low fares. However, by breaking the journey at Birmingham, I got a vastly lower price - £17.50 in total Croydon to Blackpool.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 29, 2014 12:32 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. So it's not as easy as London where you don't need to book? I will try to find out what train we hopefully reach in time. Difficult when there's delays on flights or stuff like that.

Appreciate the link

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2014 03:58 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all those who are wondering if they should go to this years Blackpool Convention don't hesitate, this years will be better than last years and last years was the best Blackpool Convention for a number of years any one who was there will vouch for that.Also please try and go to the Convention dinner on the Saturday night again at the Hilton hotel. We get a first class three course meal, an entertaining film quiz during the meal with a nice prize for the winner, a raffle is held after the dinner with some valuable prizes to be had, you could win such items as feature films, film books, CD's, cartoon shorts, projector lamps,bottles of spirits etc.etc and finally to finish off a great night a film show all this for a very reasonable £20 I promise you you will enjoy it and meet plenty of friendly fellow film collectors. Don't miss out contact Adrian Winchester to book your ticket, on Tel No.020 86560168 soonest.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2014 05:20 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good news for blackpool re auction .I have just agreed to auction over 100 films super 8 and 16mm for a collecter who has now decided to call it a day and has been collecting films for over forty years .I have all the films at my home and there are some interesting titles .I have screened some of them and the ones I have seen are in fantastic condition and sought after . I am hoping to have screened them before blackpool comes.i am very confident that these will sell .anyone who wants to sell of there films in the auction I will do a one of fee for selling them

All times are Central
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC