8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Northwest Film Fair Hilton Hotel Blackpool (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Northwest Film Fair Hilton Hotel Blackpool
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2014 11:03 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its glyn jones who is coming re deran this film fair will be the best one ever held at blackpool and if youre into cine stuff then it should not be missed read last years reports and pictures on the forum which were posted by don sykes of southport .if all goes to plan Friday film show will be around 9pm

|  IP: Logged

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2014 12:14 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello nigel. 15 years since you last attended blackpool film fair. thats quite a while. the ideal thing is to make the weekend of it, if you can. the evening meal on saturday night is a must. but you dont have to attend this. as to what will be available on the day. who knows. but i have never known anyone go away from this event being dissapointed. its such a great atmosphere, whatever format you use. no problems with accomodation for those that are staying over.hundreds of places to stay at very reasonable costs too. this in my opinion is one of the best film events of the year. miss it at your peril.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2014 12:21 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats great yes if its the same glyn jones then i was friends with him havent seen or heard from him in years i met him at derann open day and infact went with him to blackpool stayed at his as was on way home be cool if it was same guy .

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 25, 2014 10:05 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some folks were looking for these.....Here are links to pictures of last year's successful Northwest Film Fair show, taken by Don Sykes.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2014 04:08 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks doug for the link of dons top notch pics of last years northwest film fair you have done a great job,you are very talented at doing this sort of thing its nice to see all the pics again and saves a lot time not having to look for them well done doug

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2014 04:22 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello Doug. thats great you finding and putting the photos on again. i am sure it will give some kind of idea of what visitors to this years event can expect. i beleive the cinema is to be twice as big this year, with some excellent film shows planned over the weekend. the venue,the hilton hotel, has given this event a real boost.as i have already said.a film event not to be missed.and with no london ealing event this year.this really is the big one.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 26, 2014 06:34 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar Young David is going to attempt to get use of the Hilton Cinema room for Friday evening so if this comes off I would propose a 7pm meet and greet followed by two film programmes commencing at 7:30pm both 8mm Xenon and 16mm Xenon projected. It would be a first for Blackpool. [Smile] Perhaps include a little bit of 8mm Optical sound as well.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 26, 2014 07:01 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds awesome, that should be enough time for us to reach it. Thanks for the info, Mr. Mannering

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2014 01:09 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it just gets better doesnt it.Lee that sounds great. as you say a first for blackpool for the friday night. but really excellent for those traveling a distance and making a long weekend of it.as i know many do.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 27, 2014 04:05 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul as with most things in life you only get out of this hobby what you put into it and its nice to be involved in something to welcome our friends from overseas as well as local film fans. David is kindly loaning his own 16mm Xenon and I will supply the Elmo Xenon for Super 8 aka 'The Northern Light'.

Update: Film programme now secured.

[ July 03, 2014, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2014 05:59 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good news for blackpool I have just negotiated a deal with a very well known actor ,he has told me he will be attending my northwest film fair .I am keeping his name quiet for the time being .anyone who wants to try and guess who it is ,I will give them free admission and a £25.00 cash price to spend at the film fair to the lucky winner ,so get guessing

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 28, 2014 06:02 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warwick Davies ...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 30, 2014 04:58 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a thought, since Mr. Williams interviewed Caroline Munro for the VHS project he does, maybe her?

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2014 10:06 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no not even close he has starred in over 70 films

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 30, 2014 10:22 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christopher Lee? ;-)

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2014 11:32 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roger Moore

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2014 01:25 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no not even close he has starred in over 70 films

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 30, 2014 02:15 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This film fair weekend is going to be quite something I can see!
[Big Grin]

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2014 03:14 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know when Derann used to have a guest celebrity attend the fair it created quite a lot of excitement and only added to this great event.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2014 05:34 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone who has paid a deposit for a table at my film fair in nov can they please send balance as deadline was the 1st july otherwise there tables will be realocated as this film fair will be fully booked up thanks

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2014 11:08 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all rooms at the hilton hotel are now fully booked up for the weekend of my film fair .there are plenty other hotels only minutes walk from the Hilton ,there is the cliffs and savoy and if you back track on the forum there are tel numbers of other hotels thanks

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 03, 2014 06:49 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can now confirm, largely due to the efforts of young David Guest securing us the cinema room at the Hilton Hotel for us that on..

Friday 14th November 2014 doors open 8PM we will be presenting two programmes of films and more.

'THE NORTH WEST FILM FAIR MEET AND GREET CINEMAZIA'

The first will be a Super 8 Xenon Show
Surprise Interval Cabaret!
A 16mm Lancashire themed feature film by special arrangement projected with a Xenon machine.

Entrance is completely free and all are welcome at this special meet and greet event in advance of what will be an amazing weekend of film fun and collecting.

I'm also arranging a special cabaret to take place at the interval so this will be quite a nice welcoming event as part of a packed weekend, the rest is up to you folks! [Cool]

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 09:19 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well my room at the hilton has been booked for quite a while, im very happy to say. sadly i have only booked for sat/sun nights. now the film show is going ahead on the friday i will have to see if i can make another nights stay in the town. i really do believe this years film fair really will be better than ever. and thats saying something after last years huge success.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 03, 2014 01:38 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul.. Even my wife wants to come now!! Yes I think David is doing a wonderful job and without embarrassing the lad he should be applauded. Plenty of other hotels nearby so no one will be stuck..

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 02:30 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another guess Derren Nesbitt

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC