8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Projectors in movies (as opposed to the other way around) (Page 18)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 

Author Topic: Projectors in movies (as opposed to the other way around)
Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2014 01:09 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if it has already been mentioned (I didn't found it with a quick look on the posts), but in Ironman 2 Tony Stark is watching a film of his father presenting the Stark Expo with a Kodak Pageant 16mm projector

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 30, 2014 01:10 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is a family-friendly site...so this projector-spotting addition will be handled discretely [Smile] Starting around season 1 episode 8 of the Showtime series Masters of Sex, film becomes an intergral part of the plot. If you have ever watched any of this series you'll understand why these are carefully chosen screen caps ... and if you haven't seen it...well...Doesn't everybody watch films in their bathrobes? [Wink]

BTW....cute little circa 1950's 8mm projector [Cool]

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2014 02:32 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,
What HAS films to do with saxophones? I don't get it.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 30, 2014 04:04 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saxophones Martin? [Confused] ....now you have me confused.

--------------------
Janice

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2014 07:54 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see the series, but I presumed "Masters of Sax" was about saxophone prodigies.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 30, 2014 12:20 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL...Your browser must be censoring the text Martin [Smile] . Replace the "a" in "sax" with an "e" [Smile] ...and see if that makes it a little clearer. Of course if you haven't seen the series...it still might not make any since [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Janice

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2014 03:30 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently looking through all episodes of The Persuaders for the umpteenth time, and in the episode Angie...Angie the story unfolds during the Cannes Film Festival. One of the action pieces of this episode acctually takes place in a projection booth.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 02, 2014 03:37 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great screen shots Lars.

--------------------
Janice

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 02, 2014 04:05 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that looks more like scans than screenshots. Awesome colors (do you have any faded ones at all?) ;-) Always great colors on your prints it seems. Thanks for sharing

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 02, 2014 06:17 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe it. Roger Moore's hair got messed up!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 30, 2014 03:51 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The French national channel France 2 broadcasted tonight a live play (with the French actor Gérard Jugnot). There was a cine projector displayed on a wall. It was not very visible but was there.

--------------------
Dominique

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2015 02:55 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A 16mm Bell and Howell turns up several times in the History of Ballooning episode of 'Monty Python'.

-

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 27, 2015 06:45 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another episode of Colombo has a 16 mm projector : the one with Robert Conrad.

--------------------
Dominique

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2015 08:05 AM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not forget the many appearances of projectors in The Simpsons! [Wink] I don't recognize all the brands [Razz]

-

-

-

-

-

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2015 08:51 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some projectors seen on current shows "the middle" shows the daughter showing charlie brown cartoon outside for halloween cannot make out the unit but could be a Bell & Howell, the second is 3's company when chrissy takes up film making, the unit is a Elmo, the 3rd is the goldbergs, the unit is in the dark cannot tell what make it is.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 17, 2015 09:10 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Watched Sinister (2012 Movie) only the other evening and that was a fascinating watch given that it was all based around an attic find of 8mm Movie film and equipment that as the the title suggests, all had a very sinister background.. very spooky supernatural horror film and quite a good watch indeed!

[ March 18, 2015, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2015 05:44 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, SINISTER is a pretty good horror movie with Ethan Hawke, who has made some interesting films. The film and projector is clearly Std 8, or Regular 8 but when the character looks up how to repair the film he looks up Super 8 film. Perhaps this is to show the character isn't familiar with film, anyway, he manages to splice the films okay...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 18, 2015 10:47 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew and Steven I had posted these screen shots from Sinister last year (page 16). I liked the suspense in this movie, but was disappointed in the ending. However the use of film and the old projector kept the movie interesting.

-

--------------------
Janice

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2015 10:51 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, that's interesting. It has just been on British TV so this is why it has been topical again. Good film. I liked how Ethan Hawke burned the projector and film but they just reappeared in perfect order. They made stuff to last in those days!

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 18, 2015 11:31 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Janice, I didn't remember seeing this previously posted.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2015 01:48 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched Disney's The Barefoot Execative there was a couple of ptojectors featured. Sorry no images streamed it. We also enjoyed it.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2015 04:44 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mickey Rooney stars in Hey Mulligan in this episode he shows home movies which gets his boss (sitting on the couch)in trouble with his wife when she sees him with another woman.
 -

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2015 05:32 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am unsure of what the movie is called, and this footage is dubbed but we can see a Cinemec LX1600 35mm portable in use.
https://youtu.be/i2xLbcEKt9M

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 24, 2015 05:47 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the title of the film is Malavita (it's written on YouTube ;-)

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 24, 2015 08:29 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The movie is actually called The Family (2013).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2404311/

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC