8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ISSUES ON EBAY... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ISSUES ON EBAY...
Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2011 05:32 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to alert everyone here on two different ebay accounts that seem to be working together as a buyer and seller that have manipulated feedback on an 8mm film that was purchased.

Here are the facts: On 12/24, I win and purchase On the Waterfront from ebay user: moon-seller. No feedback left for me, even though I paid immediately. Item is shipped on 12/27 and arrives on 1/7 with terrible packaging and damaged box. I leave negative feedback based on the long wait and the condition of the box. moon-seller refuses to listen to reason and rather than offering me a refund, leaves me negative feedback as a seller! Now, I understand why moon-seller chose to wait to leave any comment.

Weeks later ebay id: world-movies bids on a film I put up at the last minute, world-movies pays, I leave great feedback, send the item the next day. Of course, you know whats coming next...world-movies leaves me NEGATIVE FEEDBACK on that item. Both of these accounts are from Kansas City, I did all of the investigation, was on hold with ebay for 3 days literally, and after they initially removed the feedback, they put it back on.

Needless to say, I am not very happy with ebay however, I will NEVER leave Negative Feedback BEFORE I contact the seller and make sure to buy only from reputable sellers that are also here on Forum.

UPDATE: Feedback was reversed back to 100% on 2/26 again.

[ February 26, 2011, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Gerald Santana ]

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 23, 2011 06:43 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald

Did you send (or received) item from the address:

4148 Oak St
Kansas City, MO 64111
United States

I got more infos about this seller then.

--------------------
Winbert

Mitchell Dvoskin
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2011 07:47 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On 12/24, I win and purchase On the Waterfront from ebay user: moon-seller. No feedback left for me, even though I paid immediately. Item is shipped on 12/27 and arrives on 1/7 with terrible packaging and damaged box. I leave negative feedback based on the long wait and the condition of the box.
While not condoning the leaving of false retaliatory feedback, nor condoning the refusal to take the item back due to poor packing damage, I am confused about the "long wait".

You buy it on 12/24. Three days later on 12/27 it ships. That is not a long wait. The seller is not responsible for the actions of USPS/UPS/FedEx, unless you paid extra for expedited shipping and seller pocketed your money and sent it standard. If it was media mail, 10 days from shipping to delivery is not unreasonable.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2011 08:30 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You do not say if the condition of the print was substandard. If the print was in good condition and the seller did not list the item as being sold with excellent original boxes I cannot see the problem. These prints are over 30 years old so the boxes can sometimes be a bit tatty. How much did you pay for the film?

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 23, 2011 09:05 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a few quick glimpses of the auction. It was a Columbia 400' sound box. The photo showed a very good condition box. The description said "Condition excellent". Shipping states "Standard Shipping $4.95". Winning bid $14.95(1 bid). The seller has 749 feedbacks with only one neg from Gerald.

quote:
I leave negative feedback based on the long wait and the condition of the box. moon-seller refuses to listen to reason and rather than offering me a refund, leaves me negative feedback as a seller!
Sellers can't leave negative feedback.

Here is the item number 380281747274 You have to look quick. [Smile]

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2011 10:03 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert: Yes, that is the address.

Mitchell: If you are confused about what I'm describing, which is receiving a damaged box from a seller that describes it as new, paying $15 for a 400' reel plus, $5 for shipping while it is sent on a $2 untracked manila envelope and it arrives damaged, then re-read this paragraph. If you find this acceptable, I will never buy from you. The delay in shipping just added to the bad experience.

Paul: The condition of the print was fine. This is something that I mentioned to moon-seller initially, the print itself was intact while the box was crushed with all of the corners split. I wanted my money back to return the print however, his immediate reaction was just like Mitchell's, which was: (and I'm paraphrasing) Don't mind that the item itself was damaged, what about Christmas and the holidays...there's going to be a wait! No mention of a refund for the item or a way to correct the situation. Simply a denial that anything wrong happened on their part.

Dan: This seller did leave negative feedback. He called me a lousy buyer and a liar, while marking it "positive". Ebay removed this comment.

But let's get to point of this topic which is retaliation on an item world-movies purchased form me. world-movies left me negative feedback on an item that I described as accurate as possible. A 200' Color Sound Standard 8mm copy of MONSTER FROM UNDER THE SEA that I bought from a seller here.

I talked to ebay on three different days regarding this, the first time they took off the negative feedback which was: "item not as described. Will not buy from this seller again." I try to contact the buyer immediately with no response, I do a little research and find out "moon-seller" and "world-movies" are basically coming out of the same city, and ebay responds by removing the feedback.

Two days later, the feedback reappears, I contact ebay, they keep me on hold for an hour and a half AGAIN! I repeat the exact same data, this time however, ebay tells me the reason that they reposted the feedback is because they need "Proof" that world-movies actually left this feedback for their "investigation". They mention that this will be resolved within 48 hours, and feedback will be removed. 94 hours later, I'm calling them back, put on hold for an hour and a half, this time however the tone is much different. Now they can't do anything about it! Sorry, but, now suddenly there is no proof that there was any feedback manipulation happening. LAME!!

Bottom line for me: No more sales on ebay...All I can do here is voice my experience and let others know about this.

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2011 10:40 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald... was the 'world-movies' address the same as 'moon-seller'.... the address you shipped your item to?

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2011 12:21 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Greg, I went into my paypal log and did a little more searching and I'm very confused about this but it seems the plot has thickened and there is another seller involved as well that goes by "wonders-8mm", also out of Kansas City.

Look this is what happened, my first buy from these people (this person) was back in Dec. 17 2010. Now, I'm new to collecting so naturally I wanted to get Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, and I buy them from wonders-8mm (aka Anas Alzarzour) . Star wars for $36 Empire for $49...like I said, I'm new to this. The prints arrive, and they are just as described. I was excited they came regardless of the price, happy with the color and condition. I left positive feedback for the seller. No problem.

On the Dec 24th, I bid up moon-seller's Wizard of Oz to $51.00 and didn't win but, I do buy On the Waterfront from moon-seller (aka Manal Albarake). I pay immediately but, the shipping addressed is undisclosed but from Kansas City, Mo. The story as described above occurred, and I still have the print. I repaired the box with paper tape after there was no offer for refund. Ebay was of no use, time to move on.

But what gets me, is why Anas Al-Zarzour (who I bought two very expensive films from) as "wonders-8mm" would pose as a buyer for "world-movies" and buy a film from me, give me negative feedback, and fail to respond to any communication. Not to mention the fact that ebay (who will put you on the telephone with someone from Asia for an hour and a half, how much money phone companies are making on this fraud must be astonishing.) is of no help at all, and only repeat what you say, so that it "seems" like they are listening while they put you on hold.

Look 8mm friends, I'm just letting you know about this so that you know what to expect in case something like this happens to you. In my opinion, I rushed to negative feedback on moon-sellers item, I was wrong and have learned my lesson. In my opinion it was also wrong for moon-seller not to accept responsibility to take back On the Waterfront and have the feedback revised. Why Anas (world-movies wonder-8mm), had to step in and leave revenge feedback is kind of a new mystery.

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 24, 2011 10:01 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see any connections between the three sellers, unless you have matching addresses or names. I do think it is a bad idea to ship a super 8 film OB in an envelope. Did you try to get moon-seller to adjust the price since the box was crushed due his bad shipping?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 24, 2011 11:38 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am acting as "private detective" now:

First, the bad thing with Ebay now that we cannot trace ID that had been changed. There used to be a history of ID (from A to B to C, etc) but now we cannot see it anymore.

I don't know why Ebay removed this so a nasty seller/buyer can change his ID and we cannot trace him anymore.

Back to Gerald's report, I want to let you know that those IDs are related to (used to be IDs): aalzar0 and nasour2. And I can assure you that moon-seller is Anas Al-Zarzour email: shaniaa@xxxx.com or either his brother Nasir Zarzour.

They are doing 8mm business from Kansas City. I doubt they are collectors. What they do is something most of us here hate it (although I personally would say it is legal and OK), i.e buying films from Ebay and re-sell it through Ebay.

The MO is:

1. Looking films at mis-categorized items (such as, Entertainment, Collectible, Vintage, etc)

2. Buying movie in bulk

3. Un-splice all films they bought that used to be spooled in bigger reels.

4. Re-pack films into custom made box for those without box or damage.

5. Buying projectors from people who don't know what item he/she was selling.

and many things.

I can assure you that they have ton of tons films now in their storage. But I think it will be hard to re-sell them in the near future when collectors know him or there is a decline of interest overall in 8mm world.

Lastly, I can believe myself that those two persons are watching this forum with different names.

Finally, I would say leaving a negative feedback by buying an unnecessary item from a seller who used to buy from him/her as a revenge is not accepted

PS: to Gerald, if you want them to read this thread, change the topic title to include their IDs (like just another topic before this post).

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2011 11:51 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be a history of ID (from A to B to C, etc) but now we cannot see it anymore.

I don't know why Ebay removed this so a nasty seller/buyer can change his ID and we cannot trace him anymore.

Click on their feedback score to view that page.

On the right hand side under "Member Quick Links" you can click on "View ID History".

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2011 11:58 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan: Are you paying attention, it sounds like you are working for ebay? "wonders-8mm" has the same address as "world-movies", the Oak St. 64111 address Winbert provided! I agree with the shipping method Dan, what is up with someone who sells many films and sends them out in a crumby envelope?

To recap: on 12/17 I bought two star wars films from wonder-8mm (aka Anas Al Aarzour) for $86.00. No issues.

On 12/24, I buy On the waterfront for $20.00 from "moon-seller" (aka Manal Al Barake) from an undisclosed Kansas City, Mo 64111 address, a spotty package I threw away long ago. I asked for a reasonable adjustment, an was denied thus, I did not revise my negative feedback.

On 01/24, "world-movies" (aka Anaz Al zarzour) buys a standard 8mm of Monster from under the sea from me (the guy that sold me Star Wars and Empire Strikes back for $86.00) I ship it to the Oak St. address 64111 and gives me negative feedback based on the item not being described correctly. WTF???

I send him messages, with no reply. I submit a request to revise the feedback, submit a feedback manipulation form. I talk to ebay the first day, and they fix the problem! I notice three days later feedback is changed, ebay gives me a massive run-around for four days, where on my last call, they put me on hold only to say, 'Sorry...We don't see a connection between

"moon-seller" MOON (HYPHEN) SELLER form Kansas City
"world-movies" WORLD (HYPHEN) MOVIES from Kansas City
and "wonders-8mm" WONDERS (HYPHEN) 8mm from Kansas City'

If there is still any doubt about this, then SUIT-YOURSELF in Kansas City.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 24, 2011 12:10 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK Bart I got it thanks.

Unfortunately, the search engine cannot find the old ID, It has to start with the current ID and find what he was to be.

So when I tried to search aalzar0, it got nothing. But now from my search it shows that wonders-8mm history ID is:

quote:

User ID Effective Date End Date
wonders-8mm Jan-07-11 Present
aalzar0 Nov-16-06 Jan-07-11
audiovision-8 Jul-14-06 Nov-16-06
aalzar0 Mar-25-04 Jul-14-06
kungfumovies04 Feb-24-04 Mar-25-04
aalzar0 Jun-30-03 Feb-24-04

So he is = aalzar0 (Anas Al-Zarzour email: shaniaa@xxxx.com).

@ Gerald...be calm boy.... we are trying to help here.

As my previous suggestion change the topic title to include the IDs so everyone will be aware with your warning.

--------------------
Winbert

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2011 12:48 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert and Bart: Thank you for this insight! I knew there was something happening here between these members that connected them together. I really appreciate this site and it's help on many issues. Sincerely, thank you for looking into this as deeply as you have already, I was starting to think there may not be a connection at all.

No hard feelings at all toward anyone, really, just trying to make sense of why I was given bad feedback from a user I bought very expensive films from. And trying to figure out who I should trust, as a new collector, is difficult. I try to search on Forum for any user name before I bid on it, remember tomatoes and garlic for instance? In any case, I would rather save my money and buy directly from collectors here that offer films at value, who are not recycling old ebay items.

Thanks again for listening! [Smile]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 24, 2011 01:00 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald wrote...

quote:
Dan: Are you paying attention, it sounds like you are working for ebay?
Gerald, this forum is no place for accusations. Causing friction is no way to solve your problem with an Ebay transaction. I wrote nothing negative about you. I only stated that I could not find a connection with the info provided.

I read Winbert's reply...

quote:
Gerald

Did you send (or received) item from the address:

4148 Oak St
Kansas City, MO 64111
United States

I got more infos about this seller then.

This reply did not state these addresses were connected to the sellers.

Winbert wrote...

quote:
Gerald...be calm boy.... we are trying to help here.
Thanks, Winbert! Agreed.

Gerald, I don't think it is a matter of me not paying attention, but rather a lack of connective info in your earlier posts on this topic. Why would you state I am working for Ebay?

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 24, 2011 01:10 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lail, you rascal you. You been working undercover all this time???

[Razz] [Big Grin]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 24, 2011 01:15 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

I don't work under cover as much as I used. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2011 02:56 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan: Again, no hard feelings at all. I'm not accusing you or anyone else of anything. If sarcasm isn't allowed on this Forum, we should both get kicked off! I respect this Forum and it's members. I watched it for almost two years before I decided to participate, once I knew more about the hobby and it's participants.

From my descriptions, Winberts insight broadened my perspective. So, not only were moon-seller and world-movies connected, but this curveball, "wonders-8mm" is the same user out of Kansas City: Anas Al Zarzour! Winbert and Bart helped connect the rest of the dots for me.

I'm a loving man and patient person, I do not want to spread any false ideas about anyone. The hobby we chose: 8mm films, should be respected and I know most of us do. Back to the subject though, RE: Bad-Ebay-Trip, it will be a while before I trust another seller there with a hyphen in its user id out of Kansas City, it has soured my experience, if only temporarily. [Wink]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 24, 2011 03:03 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald, apology accepted. I disagreed about the implication that I am sarcastic though.

–noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Often I try to be humorous, not sarcastic. Big difference.

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2011 06:24 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing I have never done in my 12 years of using eBay is leave negative feedback. If I am not happy, I contact the seller directly. If it gets resolved, I actually leave positive feedback.
I don't think I've ever had a seller not resolve an issue to my satisfaction. If I didn't pay too much for something, or it isn't that bad (just a little less "excellent" than described -- quickly repaired by me with some splicing tape), I usually leave no feedback at all.

On several occasions, when I have received a junk film, I've been given a refund (sometimes including shipping), and told not even to bother to return the film. Maybe it's just Karma.

Now though I may be accused of not helping out my fellow collector by leaving truthful feedback, I also sleep better at night without worrying about being sued for slander (or is it libel?)

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2011 01:40 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UPDATE: Mysteriously, I'm back to 100% and the Negative Feedback has been taken off...again. I will change the topic of this thread to reflect what has occurred.

--------------------

Raymond Glaser
Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2011 07:48 AM      Profile for Raymond Glaser   Email Raymond Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had several dealings with Anas Al Zarzour and have had no problems with him whatsoever - Ray

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 28, 2011 03:46 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mysteriously, I'm back to 100% and the Negative Feedback has been taken off...again.
Buyer can change the neg feedback he/she left.

So, there is a big possibility, your buyer changed his mind after reading this post.

As I told you that those buyers/sellers are here, but with different names [Wink]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2011 06:37 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So since a seller can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, he in turn buys something from the buyer, just so he can leave negative feedback? Well, that's what I call finding a loophole. It is also one of the most devious, despicable things I can think of to do on eBay.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2011 07:17 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's an expensive way to leave a negative feedback. [Eek!]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC