8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Dirty Work on ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dirty Work on ebay
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 06, 2016 02:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this a case of someone using screenshots from a DVD to showcase the film, or did Blackhawk actually release this short with these titles? I've never seen one with those original titles (from Blackhawk), on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-8mm-Sound-Film-DIRTY-WORK-1933-Blackhawk-LAUREL-HARDY-/331873459654?hash=item4d45331dc6:g:y9MAAOSwqBJXU223

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2016 02:39 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're not stills from a super 8 print, of that I'm certain. On another note, I'd buy up those Blackhawk prints at that price if it wasnt for the fact the postage to UK is more than the cost of the print!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted June 06, 2016 02:45 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might be worth a go on the silver box ones Stuart.

Best Mark.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2016 03:14 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a screenshot from this site. http://cartoonatics.blogspot.com.cy/2012/05/weird-fade-out-gags-of-laurel-and-hardy.html

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2016 06:52 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Stuart,when the postage is too much for overseas people to pay I wonder why some of the sellers insist on the high P&P prices instead of offering a few cheaper options?

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2016 08:52 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As discussed in another thread, it makes me sick to my stomach to see such low prices for L&H considering how much I paid.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2016 10:03 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you look closely at the pictures the top picture shows a super 8 box label the bottom box looks like an 8mm label with the green label.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2016 06:53 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just another example of a misleading ebay listing.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2016 09:09 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bottom box picture is a Standard 8 Blackhawk box of "Helpmates". The seller might have got confused with his or her pictures when they made the listing and at that price it's well worth a bid.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC