8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » What 9.5mm films have you watched this week? (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: What 9.5mm films have you watched this week?
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 02, 2017 06:30 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight, "Les trois mousquetaires", part 1. I watched recently home movie films I got from France, 50 30mt/100ft spools. I watched 39 of them so far. They are travel films (in colour) from the '60s and '70s.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 29, 2018 05:30 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched two silent films. One amateur film labelled August 1943. A Summer camp with children and catholic priest dressed as it was normal at that time. The second film is a documentary about the 1937 international exhibition in Paris.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 30, 2018 04:03 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two incomplete sound films : an extract of Le silence est d'or (with Maurice Chevalier) and a cartoon (without the beginning) that I believe to be La fanafare à quatre pattes (The Bandmaster).

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 22, 2018 07:04 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scrooge. I know it's not the season [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 10, 2018 05:43 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A British short (bought at Pimlico), Up To The Hilt, and then a French feature (mounted on a large spool), Un gosse en or.

--------------------
Dominique

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2018 06:05 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Q Ships"

--------------------
Trevor

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2018 09:15 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Christus (1914) on a 900ft reel,it was released as 3 x 300ft reels.It has the opening titles but missing "the end".
A few joins and lots of title-cards giving a great narration of the story.I think it was a big production with many people in it.

Also Pick-A-Back Plane (1938) it's a 60ft news segment from Pathe.
The actual film has been well-watched and has lots of lines and a bit jumpy to start,overall it's still a great watch [Smile]
Here's the clip that I posted on YouTube ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt8nxyl93rw

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 20, 2018 03:41 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5 20 mt/60ft carters of a serie of 6 (the first one is missing) : Stage Stars Off Stage. All british celebrities from the '20s. it's not a story film so the fact that the first part is missing doesn't affect the pleasure of watching the others. Films watched with my Pathé Coq, so not a lot of light but I'm still happy with the led bulb I bought following Janice's suggestion.

--------------------
Dominique

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2018 06:10 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 60ft reel of that series Dominique,
It’s notched so I can’t read the titles but still interesting,I think from memory that there is no story,just her doing things 🙂

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 21, 2018 12:21 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, Clinton. The celebrities of the time (not all movie stars) are shown in their daily life. To be honnest, except Jack Buchanan, I don't know any of them. Should be intersted to list them one day and make some searches about them.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 23, 2018 10:47 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got an amazing PM from Maurice Trace with full informations about the Stage Stars serie. I have not enough words to thanks you, Maurice. It seems that the two Maurice of the forum are gold mines of informations.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 22, 2018 04:21 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Les papillons (The Butterflies) and Matin de France.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 25, 2018 03:24 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Son Review N°1, The Wizards'Apprentice (a film that inspirered Walt Disney), The Tiger Hunt (very interesting footage) and The Open Road (a musical). All recently acquired films at Harpenden.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 04, 2018 06:21 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three musical reels bought at Harpenden. They are 16 mm extracts reperfored to 9.5 (in the '60s I was told, when Pathescope stopped). There image is normally reversed (there is no text) but I projected the films with my Ligonie so I had the correct picture. Although the soundtrack is a little bit cut, sound is good (better than what I expected). Then another reperfored film (also bought recently at Harpenden) but with a magnetic soundtrack : Donald Duck : The Window Cleaners. Good colour.

--------------------
Dominique

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 05, 2018 01:14 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a couple Our Gang cut-downs, will try to find more at the show - Cheers, Shorty

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2018 03:46 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom
You mentioned The Wizards Apprentice but stated that it was a 'review '. Not the full film?
Terry

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 06, 2018 05:56 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry,Wizard's Apprentice is complete (it has a 9 mins duration). The Son Review 1
is is another reel. It consists in : (I quote Maurice Traces' excellent guide) A Highland Honeymoon, Peter Sinclair and We All Have A Song In Our Hearts, Kim Houghton.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 12, 2018 05:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three sound films : Fares Fair, At The Circus and Ocean Tempest. For some technical reasons (my 9.5 sound projectors are not at the place I'm spending the more time at the moment), I'm not able to watch 9.5 films as often as I wished. Hope this will be fixed [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 11, 2018 04:03 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not exactly been watching a great deal as I've been souping up another Pathe Vox replacing the transformer and fitting a new 25 watt Amp in the back box. But I have been running some Popeyes thru it testing the machine and should be completed in time for Christmas.

Seasin's Greetinks 1933 a good cartoon for a Christmas show.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 10, 2019 03:31 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Secret of the Lock 6 reels of sound Ealing nostalgia

Seymour Hicks in this fun romp and some ingenious underwater scenes created on dry land and superimposed diving bubbles.

Three of my favourite films in my 9.5 sound collection will be
Scrooge, Its you I want and the above all starring Seymour and good mini features.

Oh the Vox soup up is performing well [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 20, 2019 06:22 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Casanova, a tinted print. Actually, some scenes are tinted. The colour chemicals that were used to tint the stock were made to hold since they are still there, probably as they were when the film was first sold. I was surprised to notice at the beginning of the film the short appearance of the famous actor Michel Simon in a very little role.

--------------------
Dominique

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2019 11:11 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Metropolis on 2 x 900 ' spools.
[Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 05, 2019 06:47 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monkey Tricks, a documentary (the title speaks for itself, doesn't it ?), A Language Of My Own, an excellent Betty Boop cartoon, and A Day At The Soviet Front, a Russian propaganda film (surprinsingly issued on 9.5).

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 27, 2019 08:25 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guillaume Tell.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 28, 2019 06:25 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been busy putting some order in the films I shot in 9.5. I'm waiting for other films to be process next week.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC