Wolverine-Hawkeye Telecine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will check it. Thanks Keith.
    Bruce, a window should open up with a video feed when you double click on "WindowsApp3.exe".

Comment

• Hi Stan, unfortunately this does not happen, there is no window, have attached a short video to show what occurs when I click on "WindowsApp3.exe" in the folder :-
      C:\1_Reference & Info Files\Wolverine - Hawkeye\Stan VB Code\hawkeye_hdr-master\WindowsApp3\bin\Release
      Can you incorporate a log file that enables recording.
      My windows is setup for single click on files to execute.
      Regards - Bruce
      Stan VB Code.zip
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hello everyone,
        I see that a lot has happened in the past few days.
        Very Happy that this is progressing to improve the scans of our precious films.
        I am very interested in automatic framing to remove the jitter and the HDr for improve the quality.

In the meantime here is an update of the front panel.
        I made some modifications to be more precise.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rd?usp=sharing

Comment

• Hi Kamel. Looks like the front panel snaps in. Does it go over the other cover that you designed?
          Bruce, I might have to do the setup file. The project probably contains some components that require additional runtime stuff.
          Another alternative could be to use Nick's Telecine.
          I could build it with the older version of Visual Studio but 2019 version gives me build issues.

Comment

• Hi Kamel, thanks for the updated front panel.

Hi Stan, would it be help full for me to install VB 6, in the hope that all needed files will then be available, its very old, going back to XP days. What about VB.net (not very popular it seems) would that work better with modern operating systems.

I still have an old 2012 version of Visual Studio Premium (don't think I ever used it, might have installed it to have a look and found programming too difficult), not sure if that is help full. Nick's Telecine is about the same vintage.

Thanks again for your effort and dedication - Bruce

Comment

• Thanks Bruce. VB Net is what I used and if you install it you can actually do your own build. Possibly first install it and the see if the exe runs and if not you can do your own build. I am writing the instructions on how to do the build. It is not that hard.
              In the meantime I worked on Nick's Telecine. Ran into several issues with backwards compatibility and had to fix that. We are all too familiar with the Microsoft compatibility issues and sw maintenance issues.
              Getting closer to getting the main program to build.
              I used the Visual Studio 12 trial version before and it built OK but now the license expired so if you have it I could use it for this project.
              Is it on CD's?
              Thanks for your help.
              Stan

Comment

• Stan, I have the iso split into RAR files, saved on one of my archiving drives, its 31 files about 50 meg each (total 1.4GB total), my upload speeds are not great so might take a while (95Mbits down & 3.9Mbits upload, this can vary), could burn it onto a DVD and send it to you, not sure which would be quicker or more convenient.
                Regards - Bruce
                P.S. uploading it now to my onedrive, this might be good.
                Last edited by Bruce Davis; July 14, 2020, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Yes, I have not changed the general shape,
                  but If you need a particular cover I will be happy to design it.
                  Just make me a simple drawing and it may be useful to others.

Comment

• Thank you Bruce and Kamel.
                    Kamel, do you have a complete assembly picture mounted on the Wolverine? Maybe you posted that already.

Comment

• Hi Stan, have installed Visual Studio Community 2019, trying to learn (you mentioned it was easy, not sure about that), when opening your project "hawkeye_hdr-master" I receive an error "One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly".

'C:\hawkeye_hdr-master\WindowsApp3\WindowsApp3.vbproj' this file is missing (not sure if there are others), could this be the reason its not working on my computer (missing files).
                      Thanks and regards - Bruce

Comment

• Yes stan,
                        I had already published a first test for the front cover, David too.
                        But there I dismantled everything to redo a new clean installation with the v12.

I test the optics because I can't find the right measurements for spacers and lens holder.
                        a lot of difficulty for focusing. My 12mm and 16mm lenses have too large aperture f1.8.
                        My scansare blurry. I await your feedback and I will order the same 16mm as you.

BTW : You can find below the Camera board Spacer Step File :
                        You can put brass insert M2x3 or not :
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Kamel Ikhlef; July 16, 2020, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• Bruce, the upload to github missed some of the files. I uploaded a version 2 and made sure all of the files are there. Let me know if it works this time. BTW you can start it by clicking on WindowsApp2.sln solution.
                          Kamel, I will wait until you try it with the V12. It would be nice to have a front cover.

Worked a bit more on the Visual Basic version and got the image grab to work. Noticed that my version has more resolution selections. Possibly they did not use the latest ICCapture libs with IC Capture.
                          Last edited by Stan Jelavic; July 16, 2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Hi Stan, ran debug in Visual Studio 2019, the error that came up it was unable to load "TIS.Imaging.ICImagingControl35.dll".
                            I had installed "ic_activex_runtime_3.2.0.0.exe" but not "ic35_dotnet_setup_3.5.5.3963.exe".
                            A window now pops up, as it should, select camera, resolution and press on update, start the Wolverine capturing images, then press the Form1 window Start button.
                            This is the result :-
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	13627
                            No images appear in the window using the default full camera DFM 72BUC02-ML resolution 2,592×1,944.
                            If a reduced resolution is used e.g. 1920 x 1080 I get the above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap3.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	13628
                            Reduced resolution to 1024 x 768 and result is as above (this is not a very good quality S8 film strip, just use it for testing).
                            The settings button whenever pressed causes an error.

Hope this is helpful for anyone else that may want to test this program, install both the above programs from TIS and it should work.
                            Thanks Stan, this is a good start, was disappointed at first when it did not work for me, but debug found the problem.
                            Running on Windows 10 x64
                            Regards - Bruce

Comment

• Very nice Bruce. That is what I wanted to test. Thanks for debugging the issue. I will add your notes to the installation manual that I am writing. The settings error is normal because this is just a bare bone program to be used to test platform compatibility.
                              I will be slowly adding more buttons and sliders as we go but first I have to set the program up to sync with the image acquisition. I.e run an event every time a new image is ready in the buffer.

Comment

• Sorry Kamel, forgot about your 16mm lens info request.
                                Check the June 29, 2020, 10:15 AM post from David. That is the 16 mm lens I got.
                                Have not tested it yet but the results from David look good.

Comment

Working...
                                X