X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Mike,

I haven't seen this, but I remember Spider Baby was one of CineSea co-founder John Black's favorite films of all time. He was so happy when the DVD was first released. He would have loved this Blu-ray's special features.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Newell
    replied
    Spider Baby. Seriously weird and one of Lon Chaney’s last roles. Documentaries are well worth watching. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0330.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	88540 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0331.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	88541

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Thanks, Graham. I'll look for these.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Hi Doug

The biggest of all the changes in "Alien" was Ridley Scott addition of the cocoon scene, where Ripley discovers Dallas, also with "Aliens" the added story of "Hadley Hope" and Newt's family who discover the alien ship, which was totally missing in the original is now added, which I think gives it more story to it, also added are the sentry guns. Although the original film is good in itself, according to James Cameron, this extended version was the one he wanted to release at the time, but due to the running time, was forced to cut it back, so its great to see those additions as the director originally intended the film to be.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Graham,

What is the big difference in the director's cut?

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Screen shots from "Alien" the directors cut blu-ray taken two night ago.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1340493.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	88506

Name:	P1340498.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	88507

Name:	P1340508.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	88508

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    A couple other blu-ray titles watched during this week was "Alien" directors cut, like "Aliens" I like the directors cut of both movies more. The other was the blu-ray of "Castaway" , I picked this one up at last weekends swap meet. Although mostly its about cars at the swap meet all kinds of other stuff pops up I can't think of the last time I watched "Castaway". I think it was during the cinema release, now that's going back. The quality of the Castaway blu-ray was excellent using the Epson VP. I did find it sad though, that Wilson just floated away, good movie I still have the trailer on Super8 and 35mm.

Right back to putting this film together later today, a couple of photo's from the last one

Name:	P1310555.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	88489

Name:	P1310556.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	88490

Name:	P1310557.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	88491

Name:	P1310626.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	88492

Name:	P1310633.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	88493

Name:	P1310657.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	88494

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Watching this blu-ray that came with the 4K disc tonight . I still don't have as yet a 4K player, but I am sure that in this case the blu-ray image looks to me, better than the earlier release.

On a side note my son Steven asked me when both he and Connor can come round to watch ET . I discovered I had put the 35mm print back into its 2000ft cores so will have to put it back together again soon, plus a couple of trailers. Before screening "The Thing" tonight I thought, mmmm might just try a few minutes of the blu-ray of "ET", well although it looks good, I quickly came to the conclusion, its not a patch on the film print so its definitely a soon to be film screening
    Click image for larger version  Name:	354225682_656234399863205_6610305244142801579_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	88464

Leave a comment:

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    The Lady in White is available to watch on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-oZjvsn7Dc

Full movie is free with commercials.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Lincoln,

I'll have to check this one out. I looked at a plot summary and it sounds good, plus the cast includes Sydney Lassick from The Unseen! I should say and also from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln Thorn
    replied
    Had a great time rewatching one of my very favorite films for the Halloween season... THE LADY IN WHITE. I hope I can find a print of this film someday because it looks beautiful.

Name:	FBnMFl4WQAEjlgi.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	88427 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2023-10-08_at_7.17.07_PM.png
Views:	226
Size:	781.0 KB
ID:	88428 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2023-10-08_at_7.16.39_PM.png
Views:	226
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	88429 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2023-10-08_at_7.21.39_PM.png
Views:	235
Size:	1,020.9 KB
ID:	88430

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Doug, "Taika Waititi" made a film that we screened at the cinema way back 2010 on 35mm a really nice print I should add. It did really well during its cinema run, which was not always the case with locally made films. You don't hear much about it these days, but its well worth watching, also out on blu-ray .

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Graham,

Excellent film. I'm also a big fan of Taika Waititi's Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Last night it was the blu-ray of "Jo Jo Rabbit", New Zealand director, writer, actor Taika Waititi really did an excellent job making this film. If you have never watched "Jo Jo Rabbit" do take the time to watch it.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
    Saturday night it was "Soylent Green" from 1973 its a film I always like to re-visit every so often. This was the last film Edward G Robinson was in, also the cast celebrated his birthday during the making of.
    For a great Charlton Heston double feature I would pair Soylent Green with The Omega Man. Who knew Ben Hur knew how to run a 35mm projector?
    Last edited by Ed Gordon; October 08, 2023, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X