X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
    Right back to blu-ray screen shots taken from the other night. The blu-ray is excellent in both picture and sound quality. Overture and Intermission are included, running time just over 3 hours, stunning color photography, something you don't see these days, brilliant music score. Still to watch the 3/400 flat version on Super 8.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1350643.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	95945
    When I saw the Bounty title card, my first thought was "WOW, looks like Graham has upgraded to 4k UHD!".

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Going through my junk I found the 35mm trailer to Valkyrie yesterday, must add it to a trailer reel.

Name:	P1350641.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	95944

Right back to blu-ray screen shots taken from the other night. The blu-ray is excellent in both picture and sound quality. Overture and Intermission are included, running time just over 3 hours, stunning color photography, something you don't see these days, brilliant music score. Still to watch the 3/400 flat version on Super 8.

Name:	P1350643.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	95945

Name:	P1350653.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	95946

Name:	P1350663.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	95947

Name:	P1350667.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	95948

Name:	P1350673.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	95949

Name:	P1350712.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	95950

Name:	P1350713.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	95951

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Last night it was the movie "VALKYRIE" starring Tom Cruise, its really well made with a lot of research gone into it to make it as factual as possible. Years ago I remember screening it at the cinema, and to begin with my first thought before watching it, "not much" thinking Tom Cruise as Stauffenberg.

Well I was wrong, Tom Cruise came across really good in the part, and to this day feel it was one of his best performances. After watching the movie last night, I went on to watch on the extras "The "VALKYRIE" Legacy" this is a excellent factual documentary on the history of those times. It runs for about 1 hour and 30 minutes and well worth getting the blu-ray just in itself.

Anyway "VALKYRIE" is well worth getting its a blu-ray I would certainly recommend.

I have added a couple of stills of Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg and his family, who were like all the other wives and children that features in the documentary, until recent times were to pay the price long after the war finished were looked down on.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	valkyrie 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	95777
    Click image for larger version  Name:	valkyrie 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.1 KB ID:	95778

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1350638.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.4 KB ID:	95779

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    With our granddaughter staying with us at present I thought My Girl 2" 1994 would be just the thing for her tonight, and it was, not a bad film either, something a bit different, good quality transfer to blu-ray.

Name:	P1350637.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	95720

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    "Cape Fear" 1961 on blu-ray, boy Robert Mitchum is good at playing the nasty highly recommend this one

Leave a comment:

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    I saw this recently at a 40th anniversary showing in the theater. I remember seeing it in 1982 at 12 years old and have seen it since then more times that I can count. Going to a modern theater in 2022 I was a little worried about how it would hold up on the big screen.

I shouldn’t have been worried.

Seeing this again forty years later on the large screen was a real event. The effects definitely hold up, the performances draw you in and the score sends chill down your spine and raises your spirit.

Spock’s death scene, seen forty years after my first time seeing, impacted me and I am not ashamed to say brought a tear to my eye. The giant screen upon which this scene played out with Horner’s score enhancing was simply amazing.​
    Credit: Youtube commentor

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - The Best Star Trek Movie Revisited

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Watched this one on blu-ray tonight Brilliant score by James Horner.

Leave a comment:

• Ken Finch
    replied
    This week I screened Elvis in my home cinema on dvd for wife’s W I film Group, raising funds for their charity of the year. Turn out was practically a full house at14. Screened via my Epson with 9ft wide picture. No pixels visible from front row 8ft from screen. Who needs 4k! 😊. Would show screen shot, but would need click by click idiots guide at my age to explain how to do it. Find it hard enough to keep up with all the frequent changes.😳

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    For those who like a good mystery I watched this blu-ray last night. Its not the first time I had watched it, still good a second time around, excellent cast, excellent transfer to blu-ray.

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln Thorn
    replied
    Rewatched OPPENHEIMER this lazy Sunday afternoon while the rains were pouring! I loved seeing it in the theater and enjoyed it just as much this go around too!

Name:	81fAwka9iiL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	95227

Leave a comment:

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
    Ed,

I very much enjoyed seeing The Holdovers when it was in theatres. A fantastic job by actor Dominic Sessa in his film debut.
    I did not realize that this was his film debut when I watched it. His role was critical, and he did great job. I enjoy Paul Giamatti in anything he does, and Da’vine Joy Randolph certainly earned her Golden Globe award as the grieving mother who lost her son in the Vietnam war.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Ed,

I very much enjoyed seeing The Holdovers when it was in theatres. A fantastic job by actor Dominic Sessa in his film debut.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    Are you catching up on Oscar nominated films you missed in the past year? Add this one to your list:

The Holdovers - It's THAT Good - A Critical Appreciation

The Holdovers also collected Golden Globe wins for best comedy actor Paul Giamatti and supporting actress Da’vine Joy Randolph.

I highly recommend this one.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Last night it was a bit of a double feature night using the Epson VP Clear and Present Danger and Close. I have to be in the mood these days to watch two in a row last night was one about two weeks ago it was a double screening of The Last Crusade along with Raiders being the first

This is not the first time I have watched "Clear and Present Danger" its a excellent well written story that keeps you on edge right to the end.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1330743.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	95082
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1330744.jpg Views:	0 Size:	214.8 KB ID:	95083
    After a short break......."Close" another outstanding film, English sub-titles, excellent transfer to blu-ray.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1340461.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.3 KB ID:	95084
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1340462.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.8 KB ID:	95085

And from last week
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1340455.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.4 KB ID:	95086

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Our daughter paid us a visit last evening, would you like to watch a movie I asked? The movie we watched was the excellent film "Goodbye Christopher Robin" after watching it I said to April you will never be able to watch a Winnie the Poo film again without thinking back to the story of how it all began.

The blu-ray picture and sound quality is excellent "Goodbye Christopher Robin" I would certainly highly recommend watching, but be warned though, I forgot to bring out the box of tissues for April, as near the end you will really need to supply them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X