8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 159)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  156  157  158  159  160  161  162  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2014 05:30 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love those CASABLANCA shots....I've always been in love with Ingrid Bergman....that print looks nice!

Bill [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 27, 2014 02:22 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bi-weekly screening in my club was a 16mm print of Fahrenheit (posted in 16mm forum) and True Grit, 3x400' using a blue filter
 -

Emperor of the North, 400'
 -

2x200' 101 Dalmatians, Dapper Dalmatian and Escape
 -

-

Xanadu, 2x400'
 -

-

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 28, 2014 12:00 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You paid only 30 pounds for a feature of Casblanca? My Gawd! That has to be the best price for that feature I have ever seen!

That was a Derann release, I believe (unless there were other super 8 companies that released it as well). My print is on Agfa 2S and has to be one of the sharpest Super 8 black and whites I have ever run across!

What a find. By the way, your having incredible good luck with that filer, Junior Bonner looks great with it.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 28, 2014 12:17 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was even better Osi, 25 GBP and I think the Junior Bonner is going to be viewed filterless next time, as I assumed it was faded due to the yellowy/browny colors in the opening. Well worth 25 GBP each those two.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 30, 2014 06:46 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good old Popeye in GOONLAND 1938
A reasonably fair print from bargain basement Collectors Club with the added benefit of a splendid digitally re-recorded audio track which gives the oldies a lift particularly when this super 8 film is 36 years old. A delightful cartoon this where the film breaks on screen towards the end and the animator carries out a quick film join.

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 05, 2014 07:07 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the sale from Independent 8, I got these
Tom & Jerry: His Mouse Friday, 200' Walton
 -

-

Bambi and His Friends, 200'
 -

-

Goofy Over Sports, 400' in nice original box
 -

-

and finally a Hannie Caulder, 4x400 Walton with decent colors, a bit stripey, but that's liveable
 -

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 08, 2014 01:38 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got two new films from a forum member today

Animal House 2x400'
 -

-

-

-

The People That Time Forgot, 400'
 -

-

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 10, 2014 10:02 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My small clubs 20th show and after starting with a 16mm (posted in that area) of Teachers, we set off with Laurel & Hardy in Busy Bodies, a 400' sound reel.
 -

-

Then a Peter Fonda film, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (has blue filter)
 -

-

Then we saw a silent 200' of I Was a Teenage Werewolf
 -

Disney's little extract from The Swiss Family Robinson, Island of Mystery (also with a blue filter) on a 200' sound reel
 -

Coal Miner's Daughter, 800'
 -

And some trailers I got for free from a member. Thanks to you
 -

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 10, 2014 12:47 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those screenshots from the 400ft "People That Time Forgot" were interesting. If you should ever chose to get into super 8 optical sound films, you'll find a full feature of this title with a picture that is at least equal to 16MM, letterboxed to it's theatrical ratio and at least on very print that I have seen (and I have this film as well) a very low fade lovely color. Truly rich color.

What a nice gift, that trailer reel!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 10, 2014 01:14 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love an optical print, just not easy to find. I have some four or five optical films myself and with my first ST-1200D, it was awful. The sound cut a lot, but it wasn't the print. I tested that later and it runs fine on my GS-1200 Xenon.

Do you have one for sale, let me know

Thanks

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 13, 2014 04:35 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
View a couple of films I got free with a deal on Gremlins

Airport '75, 400' and better looking than my old one
 -

-

-

-

And I got a very red Star Trek from before, this isn't half bad and it's the 10-12 minute version from Marketing Films
 -

-

-

-

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 15, 2014 11:21 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of a Mini-Fantasia:

The Sorceror's Apprencite
Bach's Toccatta and Fugue
Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony

I watched these the way I usually do: two projectors alternating for continuous viewing with a switch between them to swap the sound system from one to the other.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2014 03:21 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got the GS-1200 working in tip top shape with a new amp, and the roller assembly unit that Paul Adsett wrote about. So given that my wife is out of town this weekend, it has been film watching time..And thanks to forum member Ferran Gimenez I watched tonight one I have wanted for some time now....Although I still wish to find the full 5 reel version, I have to say for an edited film this 4 reel version is pretty tight. TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974, 4 x 400ft IVER films) ...I love, love, love this film..They just don't make the slasher/horror films as good as the original 3 (TCM/Halloween/F13th)..The print does have some lines here and there, but doesn't really detract too much since quite honestly most 35mm prints I have seen of this title are scratched...The only thing I thought was odd was that the titles (head and tail) seemed fairly soft compared to the rest of the film...

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2014 03:23 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bit of a mixture last night,
Trailers
HELLO DOLLY SCOPE/STEREO
SUMMER HOLIDAY SCOPE/STEREO
JUMANJI STEREO
HALF A SIXPENCE
ON THE BEAT B/W
A STITCH IN TIME B/W
KING KONG 76
PREDATOR STEREO

Viva Las Vegas 3x400 Stereo,
400ft The Ghost Train b/w
400ft That Riviera Touch
400ft The Lady Vanishes b/w 1938 version
400ft The Quiller Memorandum

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 16, 2014 02:44 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw some short 50's and 200'
Dyr i Zoo og Circus (Animals of the Zoo and Circus), 50' silent
 -

Some home movie (unknown), 50' silent
 -

Star Performance, 200' sound
 -

One Million Years B.C., 200' Walton
 -

-

The Day of the Monsters, 200' Walton
 -

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 19, 2014 03:19 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw my awful copy of The Birds, 400' ... Tried with several types of filters, but does not look good with any
 -

Star Wars 400' (Need a dose from time to time)
 -

A bit red, but have to do until I find a nice one

Also saw Airplane, Marketing Films feature
 -

-

-

Love this guy
 -

-

And Leon's getting LAAARGER
 -

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2014 06:20 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pix Vidar! The "Airplane" full feature is somewhat rare, and that looks like a beautiful print.

James.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 19, 2014 06:39 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. Yes, it's quite okay, but not for my GS-1200 Xenon, as it has the sideways movement. It has a stripe, that doesn't bother me much. Best of all was the price I got it for. I think it was 25 or 30 dollars

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 19, 2014 07:57 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, is "Airplane" a full feature or 3 x 400'?

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 20, 2014 02:21 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6x400' though the last reel mainly is the end credits (probably 6-8 minutes, a half 400')

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2014 04:51 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had to post this classic line

"Surely you can't be serious" "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley"

I too have this full length, a good fun film.
What type of box did you get it in? Mine was just a generic Marketing Films box for all the reels, no pictures, just label with the title stuck on.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 20, 2014 09:15 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No box at all, but I've put them in two 1200' cardboard boxes and printed the poster on it. Was 1 loose reel (a big one) and I took them down to 400's at the splices (I only had Eumig Mark-S 710D running at that time). After my GS-1200 Xenon was in my house, I mounted them on two 1200' (might have been enough with a 1200' and an 800')

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 21, 2014 03:58 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw three L&H's I got from Phil Johnson's site.
Men O'War, 400' with slightly off sound
 -

-

County Hospital, 400' and quite a funny one
 -

-

-

And finally Another Fine Mess, 600'
 -

-

-

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 22, 2014 12:18 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the great things of participating in this Forum, I read through some posts and became inspired to watch these:

Laurel and Hardy: You're Darn Tootin' (Scored Silent)

Our Gang: Hook and Ladder

Credit due to our old friends at Hal Roach Studios and Blackhawk films!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2014 02:41 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used the Eumig 824 for some Standard 8 titles and went heavy handed tonight. First up, a short Dante in the Inferno (Perry's 1 x 200ft mute, 1935) I was always curious about this short hoping it was from the 1924 version but it is just a muted sequence from the Harry Lachman film. I followed this with WHITE GOLD (Cine Service, 6 x 200ft, 1927) starring beauty Jetta Goudal.. A somber tale that thankfully co-stars Clyde Cook who provides some comic relief. You probably won't see the ending of this one coming, but I will tell you that white gold are sheep and have very little to do with the overall story. An underrated movie but far from uplifting.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  156  157  158  159  160  161  162  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC