8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 156)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2013 02:25 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think "Viva Las Vegas" was one of the last 3x400ft released by Ken Films. Derann proberly printed this title and not too sure if "The Time Machine" was out at the same time.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2013 12:12 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I got to watch a feature with my lovely wife. The print was an uber rare standard 8 kodascope original print of The Beloved Vagabond (7 x 200ft, 1923) starring Carlyle Blackwell of The Wrecker (1929) fame. Supposedly the only other print of this in existence is at the BFI. Sadly though it is only a so-so movie and is plagued by the type of melodrama that often gives the British silents a bad name. The pics were taken filling a 6 foot screen using my Eumig 824.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 01, 2013 10:30 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a fabulous looking print! Just goes to show how great standard 8mm prints could be.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2013 04:31 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great all Super 8mm show today inc

X rated adults only show!!

Tom & Jerry The Night Before Christmas Lovely looking Ken uncut print no fade!
The Making of the Outlaw Josie Wales Robbins Nest production short-unfaded!
Thunderbird Trailer Reel inc Vampire Circus,Fists of Fury & Emperor of the North
Holocaust 2000 400ft great unfaded Derann cutdown
Brutes & Savages part 1 gruesome Derann 400ft
1001 Danish Delights A Starjoy films 400ft not even ten delights!!
Rocky Horror Picture Show extra long trailer great colour still!
Redneck Franco Nero,Telly Savalas in a totally bonkers film! Iver 600ft

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 03, 2013 02:38 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight among others films we put on our 400ft cut down of Sam Peckinpahs excellent Cross of Iron from Iver Films.
Some years ago we pre ordred the 3 x 400ft mini feature of this title but unfortunatly Iver film went into liquidation and our money was refunded to us by the administrator. It was so dissapointing at the time.
A few years later this cut down appeared on a list a "C" condition with some scratching, normally we would pass this by but it was hard to come even back then so we snapped it up and very pleased that we did, its packed full of action and colour has held up quite well although the early signs of fade are there mainly in the dark bunker scenes. Day scenes are fine.
The action is so intense the lines are hardly a problem at all.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 03, 2013 02:42 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cross of Iron is a good film. Have the Blu-Ray only, sadly :-)

Today I watched through my new Tom & Jerry Cat Napping. Was a bit scared by the look of the cover, which is awful. The film was actually the same as shown on BFCC's 62nd show and it's quite a nice one after all. At below 5 pounds, it's okay with the small stripe and the couple of clicks in the sound
 -

-

-

-

-

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2013 05:18 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dino, really enjoy your posts here on what you have watched. You have such an amazing collection of silents.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 03, 2013 05:47 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched the full feature of G.I. Blues. Yes its slightly faded being a Viacom print imported from America but boy did that man have charisma!! The film, the songs, the charm of the entire film given the era it was made in is just FANTASTIC! One of my favourites, as are most of the musicals I have as well as my treasured Disney collection. I guess we are all big kids at heart!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 04, 2013 01:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW Tom! Great find and as you said, quite passable color!!!

One of Pekinpah's underrated features! Thanks for the screenshots!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 04, 2013 07:11 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3 x 400' of "Cross of Iron" is easy to get from Ebay.de. It is of course in German titled "Steiner". Since this title appears very often, the price is cheap. Normally will go between EUR 10 - 18.

The sequel al so on 3 x 400' and available form Marketing Films (Germany).

I have both and can enjoy them since this is more action film where dialog is not so important.

--------------------
Winbert

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2013 06:06 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched 2 Walton Super 8 Pink Panthers
Pink Valiant
 -
 -
Pinkadilly Circus
 -

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 05, 2013 06:14 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that Valiant when I was a boy ... Looks like a decent print that one

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2013 07:30 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Vidar, I just got it last week from the UK. I was very impressed with the color [Smile]

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 06, 2013 12:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exceptional color, it must be on low fade stock!

This cartoon was mostly a remake of Friz Freleng's own Bug's Bunny cartoon with Sam as the Knight.

That first year or so of the Pink Panthers was the best.

Prehistoric Pink was also a favorite of mine, a lot of creatures being the living hell out of each other over a bone.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 07, 2013 03:04 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had an evening with a neighbor and my sister and saw first The Music Box, 600', no picture

Then we saw Flåklypa Grand Prix, 400'
 -

-

Followed this with Squirm, 200'
 -

-

Alien, 400'
 -

-

and finished off with the first movie (I think) I ever bought in 1977, Island of Mystery, 200'
 -

-

The two last ones have one cyan filter

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2013 09:02 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just ran the 400' "ALIEN" as well! One of my favorites. Great minds think alike. [Smile]

-

I also watched my two favorite digests of all time (no surprise to those who know me), "The Poseidon Adventure" and "Logan's Run". I love "Poseidon" but with everything that's missing between the explosion in the air shaft and the arrival in Shaft Alley, the end always feels rushed. "Logan's Run", like most MGM digests, is very well edited. I wonder why neither were released as a 3x400. The 3x400 "Towering Inferno" is great. If Beta and VHS had debuted just a few years later, there could have been some really wonderful S8 digests from Ken, MGM, Warner, etc. Thank Goodness for Derann. Digests could have disappeared altogether.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Here are videos of these digests:
The Poseidon Adventure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2YD4CqTPNQ

Logan's Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq9oGlR2xGg

ALIEN (not my copy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCNfz4A-cl4&list=PLAD6AB0F033F5B17E

[ December 07, 2013, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Chris Fries ]

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2013 02:01 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched "The Snowman". (Derann 600ft)

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 09, 2013 01:18 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched a few yesterday along with the 16mm Warning Sign

Tom & Jerry: Cat Napping, 200'
 -

Tom & Jerry: Jerry and Jumbo, 200'
 -

Getting Straight, 400' ... Harrison Ford :-)
 -

That Man Bolt, 400'
 -

The Electric Horseman, 2x400'
 -

The Hindenburg, 2x400'
 -

The Incredible Shrinking Woman, 2x400'
 -

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 11, 2013 01:04 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walt Disney Christmas

Lost count how many time I have shown this to youth groups over the years but still as popular as ever.
 -

A long throw at this hall but the newly fitted 2 blade shutter in the Elmo was a great help. [Cool]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 12, 2013 12:22 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Checked out some of my new things I got in the mail today.

I had Mission Galactica, but thanks to Hugh Thompson Scott, I now have a better looking print and lovely boxes
 -

-

Thanks to Perry's I now have two of the 2x400' Universal 8's I miss. Coal Miner's Daughter on a 600' reel and slightly reddish, but bearable
 -

-

-

Xanadu on an 800' reel
 -

-

-

Now I am searching for The Blues Brothers and Smokey and the Bandit 2. Anyone know of prints for sale?

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 13, 2013 02:48 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got a package from Steve Osborne today, so browsed through those

The Sting 2x400'
 -

Family Plot, 400' Two of the pictures is with cyan filter on
 -

Ice Station Zebra, 3x400' on a 1200' now
 -

and finally the feature Intolerance, silent, 7x400'
 -

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2013 12:57 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar that was a lot of movie watching...well done!

I only watched 2 x 200ft D.W. Griffith shorts tonight both Blackhawk standard 8 prints, and both a little soft quality wise. The Light that Came (1909)which features one of the few Mary Pickford portrayals where you are not on her side. This was followed by The Two Paths (1911)which is one of the most unique Griffiths in that it is almost totally devoid of reality in its storytelling. The whole movie plays like an abstract dream and really shows the growth that Griffith and Bitzer had made in just 2 short years.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 14, 2013 06:38 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately, it's become my life ... Reel life is great :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 14, 2013 01:31 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Hugh, I now have a so close to perfect Battlestar Galactica 2x400' and he also threw in a free The Jerk ... Awesome
 -

-

-

-

The Nikon isn't capturing it well enough, the print is perfect

The Jerk 2x400'
 -

-

-

-

Also nice colors, had a few splices and some lines, but still a very good print

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2013 03:36 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
December 13 I turned 40, and to celebrate I watched Dillinger on 16mm with Warren Oates.Its fitting because the same year as I was born 1973. Great film Ben Johnson is awesome as well

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC