8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 161)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  158  159  160  161  162  163  164  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 09, 2014 05:11 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Showing 22 in our little club started with Monty Python (see 16mm section if interested)
Then we went for some Super 8's and those kicked off with The People That Time Forgot, 400'
 -

-

-

Then Tom & Jerry in His Mouse Friday, 200'
 -

-

Then a very red, even with the blue filter, The Hong Kong Connection, 200'
 -

Time for a classic, Laurel & Hardy in County Hospital, 400'
 -

So for some Connery, The Anderson Tapes, 400' and also used a blue filter here
 -

Also saw The Poseidon Adventure, 400'

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 14, 2014 03:56 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Broke with tradition and watched a bit of 35mm Nitrate film [Eek!] A full on nostalgia evening with good old George in this 1935 original print still in very good shape.
 -

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2014 08:43 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee,

The nitrate is visually appealing, but how do you store the film when it's not

being used and are you required to have special insurance for your house?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2014 12:46 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had just enough time for a short little western starring Hoot Gibson entitled FIGHT IT OUT (1920, 2 x 200ft. Parkchester, Standard 8mm)

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 15, 2014 12:43 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man! To just have a chance to walk through your archives with you would be heaven! All those classic are rare films!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2014 12:40 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Man! To just have a chance to walk through your archives with you would be heaven! All those classic are rare films!!
Osi, haha If only my wife was as enthusiastic! [Smile]

She did however sit with me to watch a classic sci fi thriller. A fun movie albeit an extremely worn print. FIEND WITHOUT A FACE (1962, B/W CinemaEight, 4 x 400, Super8). I noticed there was not a review so I'll go post one.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 17, 2014 08:54 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Keep it well away from any house most certainly is the answer. If you must have it watch on a viewer with cool lamp only [Cool]

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2014 12:20 AM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buster Keaton's "The General" Blackhawk 2x400 Some 'toons and a few home movies. First time in 5 years I've had the ST1200HD out.

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 20, 2014 03:41 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a few different cartoons and some Regular 8's
Cartoons
 -

Regular 8's 200' with sound
Creature Walks Among Us
 -

The Deadly Mantis
 -

Horror of Dracula, totally red, sadly
 -

Super 8, 400' Count Dracula, sadly dubbed to German (anyone has the english soundtrack to this 400'?)
 -

Duel, 400'
 -

Enter the Dragon, 400'
 -

And Christians print of a danish film, Olsenbanden,400'
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 23, 2014 04:48 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laurel & Hardy in Thicker Than Water, 400' Sound Blackhawk. Quite a funny little piece this
 -

A very poor quality Fletcher Films release of Chaplins A Night in the Show, 200' silent
 -

Woody Woodpecker in Witch Crafty, 200' sound
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 24, 2014 11:39 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From our show at the club yesterday, we had the following Super 8 films
Ice Station Zebra, 1200' and turning, but still has blues. Just paleish.
 -

Derann release of Muzzle Trouble, 200'
 -

The Small One, 200'
 -

Robin Jansen
Junior

- posted March 28, 2014 04:00 PM      Profile for Robin Jansen   Email Robin Jansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I watched:

Tom & Jerry champion des tennis (B&W)
Tom & Jerry le petit sameritan (B&W)
Popeye Hollywood star (colour, slightly red)
Popeye buddy brutus (colour, slightly red)

Those were on a 400" spool

And last but not least:

The hound who thought he was a racoon (B&W)

--------------------
Regards,

Robin.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2014 11:39 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been quite some time since I have posted in this topic so, I am starting again.A few nights ago I did an all standard 8 show comprised of the following:
THE LOST MOMENT (1949),a complete (88 minutes) Derann feature from the old days when they were releasing Universal productions. Based on Henry James' The Aspern Papers ,it is a dark and moody piece,all the better appreciated by a good copy, exellently directed by actor Martin Gabel and finely acted by Robert Cummings,Susan Hayward and Agnes Moorehead.Certainly different from the usual fare we mainly show and worth one's time for a good literary adaptation....
...plus,"the usual fare"!!
A rare Chester Conklin-Vernon Dent two reeler from 1931,THE 13TH ALARM,directed by Del Lord,with all the usual car chase (in this case,fire engine) tricks abounding. Not the greatest,but funny enough.
BEDTIME,an exellent crystal clear Kodascope print (with a greenish hue) of a KoKo the clown cartoon
plus,a reel of silent serial trailers.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2014 12:26 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

Is the print of Thicker Than Water Standard 8,or Super 8?

I have a Standard 8 print of this and it's excellent, as is yours seen in the picts.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 30, 2014 12:57 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is a Super 8 Blackhawk 400' and it was nice and a funny film. Loved the pulling of the scene change

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2014 02:32 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we started with Walton's Tom & Jerry 'Triplet Trouble' with nice colour.

A Flip the Frog 'Music Lesson'

A mixed trailer reel starting with Jef Films 'The Blue Lagoon' then 'Small Town Girl' 'Gone With The Wind' finally 'Calamity Jane'

Mountain Film with Leon Erroll 'Spook Speaks' followed by an old Collectors Club release 'Calling All Girls' More trailers on a 400ft. Ending the film show a Pathe Pic with power boats and other sailing boats.

Followed by the blu-ray 'Where Eagles Dare' I must get my 16mm next time.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 02, 2014 02:23 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Mr. Savage, I enjoyed the films you sent me today. The Little Rascals The Lucky Corner was very nice and I really appreciate the bonus of that :-)
 -

The Abbott and Costello I didn't know was two 200's. I thought there was a 400' In Society, but the first is one I had in silent form before, so it's nice to have the sound version
 -

And finally I got The Blues Brothers 2x400' and now missing two that I know of, Smokey and the Bandit 2 and The Nude Bomb

This had the expected U8 warmth to the colors
 -

-

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2014 04:23 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar- So glad you enjoyed the films! Great screen shots from you as always.

James.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 04:31 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Luis Caramelo, the films arrived today

Was a couple of small problems ... Duel had out of sync sound and I am not sure all Derann Once Upon a Mouse is dark, but this was quite dark

Here's the pictures from todays viewing
Ben Hur, 1200' Scope, and not from Luis. A bit pale, but still has some colors
 -

Duel, 400'
 -

Once Upon a Mouse, 600' Derann print
 -

The Muppet Movie, 400' with really super colors
 -

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 06, 2014 01:42 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great images Vidar, your copy of Duel has really good colour by look of it.
Last night we put on the Avengers Return of the Cybernauts, (1968) 3 x 400ft colour, what's left of it) sound. Unfortunately the colour has just about left this print and with some scratching as well we were in two minds to list this on e-bay but unsure of what it would go for we will hang onto it for a bit longer. I HATE FADE. Why on earth did Derann ever use that cheap crappy fast fade film stock, as well as all the other companies.
This is such a pity as this is probably one of the best ever episodes with the added bonus of the great Peter Cushing as a main star and Fulton (Porridge) Mackay as a guest.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
Just to get our eyes back to normal we finished up with a 400ft colour sound copy of Scooby Doo in the haunted house, (second episode of the first series)
 -

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2014 02:30 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dug up some more standard 8 rarities from my vaults last night,all tv episodes.
THE STOLEN CRIME (Col. March of Scotland Yard,1956) with Boris Karloff.
FACE OF THE DEAD (Inner Sanctum,1954) with Everett Sloane and a very young Jack Klugman.
THE LAST OF THE LARABEE KID (The Roy Rogers Show,1954).This one is known as "The Masked Bandit", on the leader,(beginning credits are eliminated,although end credits are intact)
BEWARE OF THE DOG (Dr Finlay's Casebook,1965)Hour long episode from the series based on A.J.Cronin's writings.

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2014 02:47 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi!fiend Vidar i,m glad you got the films already,nice screen shots,about,once upon a time a mouse,i don,t know if all prints are like this one,the i know there are also printed in polyester
maybe they look a bit better,

~regards:
luis caramelo

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 08, 2014 02:58 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we viewed the brilliant 3 x 400ft marketing copy of The Godfather, mounted onto one 800ft spool so no interruption's.
I'm glad we own this version and not the full length feature as these 3 x 400 footers seem to hold up well on the colour where as most of the full length ones seem to have faded or are well on the way. This one is in great shape, colour and sound up to the usual standard. Although I have seen three different copies of this film and I cant describe any of them as pin sharp, simply very good. And very well edited down from three hours.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 08, 2014 03:04 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice colour on that.
How did 3x400 fit on one 800ft reel, Tom?

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 08, 2014 03:54 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
marketing used very thin but extremely tough polyester film, its almost impossible to tear it with your hands, in fact all the marketing 3x400 footers all fit very nicely onto one 800 ft spool, we have chinatown, godfathers one and two, once upon a time in the west,the warriors, and a few others and each one is on an 800 ft spool, they are full but not over spilling. [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  158  159  160  161  162  163  164  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC