8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  23  24  25 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Francisco Javier Herrera
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2015 02:39 PM      Profile for Francisco Javier Herrera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
INTO THE NIGHT

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2015 08:34 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

watched another awesome 60's Italian 007 spoof (Balearic Caper, 1966). Hilarious stuff lol!!!

Best,
ET

P.S: Tried uploading a screenshot but couldn't :/...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 28, 2015 12:58 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super nice print of "Into the Night" Francisco [Smile] I haven't seen this film, but I really like Michelle Pfeiffer and Jeff Goldblum. They look so young in these clips [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2015 06:14 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Francisco:
Those are certainly nice screen captures. What did you use to get such nice results?

Francisco Javier Herrera
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2015 07:35 AM      Profile for Francisco Javier Herrera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ms. Janice, thanks Mr. Barry. To capture images, it's a matter of choosing a light box and correct approach. I have spent many years making catches, and that helps.

Regards

Ross Gibbs
Junior

- posted August 04, 2015 08:02 AM      Profile for Ross Gibbs   Author's Homepage   Email Ross Gibbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 5th film in our Winter series. A beautiful copy of Blade Runner.

-

-

-

-

--------------------
“He felt all at once like an ineffectual moth, fluttering at the windowpane of reality, dimly seeing it from outside.”
― Philip K. Dick, Ubik

Ross Gibbs
Junior

- posted August 16, 2015 10:19 PM      Profile for Ross Gibbs   Author's Homepage   Email Ross Gibbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last of our Winter film series on Saturday, Young Frankenstein. what a great way to air out a run of our prints.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
“He felt all at once like an ineffectual moth, fluttering at the windowpane of reality, dimly seeing it from outside.”
― Philip K. Dick, Ubik

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2015 11:45 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched Dragnet tv series Season 4 Episode 6, 25 mins running time and in colour which has turned red,the sound was good and that Dragnet theme is a classic!
The episode is called Little Pushers from 1969 , it is about children pushing drugs and marijuana to children.
It starts of with the police taking a 12 year old boy to hospital as he was on drugs,the doctor talks about what might happen etc.Then his parents are called in and they had no idea of what he was up too.
The school then asked for the police to talk to teachers about what to look for etc with drugs.
Then the culprit was discovered and he was lectured about the dangers.
It was very corny and acting was like they were in a public service announcement

The cops went to his house and there were 2 more children all dirty and looking like they were mistreated - of course they were illegitimate as they were living with 4 unmarried adults !!!!! Oh and naturally they were hippies and has a poster on the wall of marijuana !
Every one was arrested and the children placed in foster homes.

Now I know drugs are bad and everything but this episode was bad also, everything about it was stereotypical of what the drug people would be like according to the police and people of that time period!!

I'm guessing it was funded by an anti-drug organisation !
Entertaining for its bad acting and story telling! Ahh the 1960s hippies doing what of course only hippies do - sell and take drugs and marijuana .... FUNNY stuff.

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2015 02:45 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

watched the always awesome Oscar nominated 1953 feature "Martin Luther".

Best,
ET

-

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2015 12:14 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice, Elyas - that print looks really clean. It took me three tries to get that one right. This is my favorite movie with theological themes.

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2015 10:05 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill,

thanks a lot, I love the movie as well. It dies have a few very minor (almost certainly Film-Guard treatable) scratches but excellent over all. When you say to get it that good, have you gotten good results cleaning film and transforming it remarkably [Smile] ? I would like to compare notes if that's the case [Big Grin] !!!

Best,
Elyas

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 02, 2015 04:00 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christmas Carol 1938
We so love this version of the classic tale which stars Reginald Owen followed by a roster of stars from the 1930's. Worth looking out for Billy Bevan who also appears in it alone!

Director Edwin L Martin did a wonderful job on this gem also starting out directing Lugosi's Death Kiss another squeaky classic. Very pleasant evening.. [Cool]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 04, 2016 04:37 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little King Father Christmas.
 -

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2016 07:52 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I watched (just took screen shots of in a very long time, I mean... Watched more titles) a 1939 short feature "What men live by" and a short documentary "An intelligent concern" with HRH, Prince Phillip [Smile] !!!

Best,
ET

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ March 09, 2016, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Elyas Tesfaye ]

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2016 07:12 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched the always moving 1937 biography "William Tyndale".

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2016 01:13 PM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got hold of a chapter from the Captain Marvell republic serial (episode 7). 'Shazam', and from a cloud of smoke Tom Tyler appears and flies across the sky to save a damsel running along the top of a dam pursued by a trilby hatted gangster. How it brings back memories of the Saturday morning picture club. The print is pretty good with only (only!) a very light central printed scratch.

--------------------
Dave

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 03:42 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bit of a mammoth weekend of 16mm [Big Grin]

Enjoyed the tour of 'Scotland'
 -
The Jolson Story and such a beautiful print
 -

Followed by Jungle Book
 -

Junior Another from my Arnold prized collection such great colour.
 -
 -
Oh and Flip the Frog in What a Life.
 -

After which the belt broke on the projector [Eek!]

Francisco Javier Herrera
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2016 06:51 PM      Profile for Francisco Javier Herrera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EVER AFTER (1998)

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 25, 2016 08:38 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a teriffic print Francisco...one I wish I had myself [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 25, 2016 09:26 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that does look like a nice one! [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Francisco Javier Herrera
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2016 03:33 AM      Profile for Francisco Javier Herrera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you !!

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2016 03:17 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A short Technicolor evening to check the projector was working OK.
A short documentary from Tate & Lyle (A Family Affair?) with a silly add on plot to get a toy for a Jamaican boy. I bought it for £2 at a film fair. Followed by the last part (reels 5 & 6) from the feature Convoy (scope) bought at a Blackpool auction. Both had a little wear but the colour was perfect. No pictures as I was holding the anamorphic by hand as I'd never shown a 16mm print and haven't made a lens holder yet.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 27, 2016 01:01 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm running out of room to store 16mm reels...but I'm a sucker for some 80's movies. I just got this little 1983 Dudley Moore movie called "Lovesick." Dudley is a psychiatrist who goes way beyond a simple case of counter transference and falls deliriously in love with one of his patients (Elizabeth McGovern). The cast is full of familiar faces. My favorite is Alec Guinness, who does a great job playing Sigmund Freud. Freud is Dudley's imaginary conscience and the dialogs between the two are priceless. Other personalities are John Huston, Alan King, Wallace Shawn, Ron Silver, Christine Baranski, and David Strathairn.

-

--------------------
Janice

Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2016 04:28 AM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Night I watched my new Technicolour print of Disneys Treasure Island. A really clean, sharp colourful print. I had never seen the film before but it is excellent.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2016 10:17 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A batman episode with Catwoman (think I got a shot of the cue mark?)

And a Sith scope trailer....

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

All times are Central
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  23  24  25 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC