8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  23  24  25 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 25, 2017 01:57 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Mulitiplicity (1996). I remember when I first watched this print I was disappointed in the pan and scan...but for some reason this time it didn't bother me. Michael Keaton is a terrific actor. I don't think I really appreciated how good an actor until the last few years with his performances in "Birdman" (he should have won the oscar) and "Spotlight."

-

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2017 03:02 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks nice Janice.

Last night we watched the following scope trailers to The Man With the Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker all superb with great colours.Followed by the The Man Who Haunted Himself, really like this one and a good thriller, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 27, 2017 11:01 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a great looking print there Janice, I havnt seen this particular film but i do like Michael Keaton, he was the best Batman along with Jack Nicholson as the Joker in ,1989 [Wink]

[ September 19, 2018, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 30, 2017 11:23 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom...Multiplicity may not be one of Keaton's best movies...but it is entertaining and cleaver. He plays 4 characters...three are clones. The clones do his regular work so he can have more time for himself. Check out this scene. Considering the date this movie was made the special effects are pretty convincing. The clone in this scene was made from another clone so he isn't as sharp [Smile] Totally funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQlujXWP-5c

--------------------
Janice

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 30, 2017 11:43 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That good Janice, i will find a copy of this on disc. Thanks [Wink]

[ September 19, 2018, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2017 06:06 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To tie in with a neighbour's party I showed some cartoons on the brick wall of a building at the end of our gardens. Possibly a stretching things a bit too far 120ft through with a 24v 250w in a B&H 2962 onto red brick.
Here's a shot from a Pepe le Pew on Fuji.
 -

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 18, 2017 02:13 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Tom Selleck, Jane Seymour, and Bob Hoskins in Lassiter (1984). Selleck is a cat burglar who is given the choice by the FBI to either steal millions in gems from the Nazi Embassy or go to prison. Colors in the film are gorgeous. There are a few green lines that appear occasionally, but overall a great print.

-

--------------------
Janice

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2017 11:53 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,

I bought a print of Lassiter a few months ago - not had time to watch it yet. I've also just received Angela Lansbury in The Mirror Crack'd and the 60's movie full of some British Pop Stars along with Ron Moody - Every Day's a Holiday - hopefully i'll have the time to watch them soon.

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2017 11:20 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I purchased a fine Robocop 2 print. I have not seen this film for 20 years, but now I did have and I was so impressed.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 21, 2017 01:35 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WALLOP!!!
What a great quality print that is Holger. A1 on that print. [Wink]

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2017 01:55 PM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Tom,

thank you for that kind words. Yes, I did really make a big catch. The filmstock is AGFA S2. The print is in a pretty good shape and the camera, with which I shot the screen, should be mentioned too, it´s Cannon EOS 750...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 21, 2017 03:11 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent Holger, we will all look forward to your future screenshots of your movies. [Wink]

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2017 06:58 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is another gem out of my collection, which I have screen these days.
It´s an AGFA Gefaert print which have a mechanical degeneration of almost zero. Looks like that this print hasn´t seen much projectors :-)
The movie is called "Tintorera".
This is a really entertaining movie from the fabulos mexican director Rene Cardona Jr. This film was shot in 1977. He casted for this picture the lovley Susan George, the sympathetic Hugo Stiglitz and the real handsome Andrés Garcia.

The story:
Hugo, Susan and Andrés meets each other at the beach of a mexican coastline. The became real good friends. They called themselves the 3 musketeers.
The share everything with each other even the bed. Now the have a triangle relationship. And after a real good time, Andrés would like to show Hugo and Susan how to hunt sharks and that would became disastrous and ends up deadly.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Now Andrés getting attacked....

-

-

Rember them this way...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 24, 2017 12:56 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw this at the cinema years ago and only ever had the super 8 600ft cutdown, very good looking print there again. [Wink]

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2017 12:32 PM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In germany, there doesn´t exists a 8mm version, we have many cutdowns, but not this one...I first have seen this movie on vhs.
...and right now, I do arrange the pictures, for the next post :-)...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 25, 2017 10:36 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOVESICK (1983) won the "What film will I watch tonight?" question. I hadn't seen it in over a year. Love when Elizabeth McGovern finds Dudley Moore in her shower and Alec Guiness is a perfect Sigmund Freud [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2017 02:15 PM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The dice have fallen for Braindead - 1992 - New Zealand - Director: Peter Jackson with Timothy Blame and Diana Penalver.
This was Peter Jackson´s thrid full feature movie. A highlight of the horror-comedy genre. Packed with a lot of black humor, parody of other horror movies and gallons of blood. An incredible movie.

The Story: An expedition into the 50s find a new species of animal on a remote island and they bring it to Newtown into the zoo.
The naive Lionel and his grilfriend Paquita makes a trip to that zoo.There, Lionel´s mother sneaks after them and get bitten from that ratmonkey.
Now she is infected with a virus, and she is slowly turning into a zombie.
Linoel hid her in the cellar. Then some more people get´s infected and as Linoel´s greedy onkel celebrates a party in that house, the zombies mixes up with the party guests and the hell breaks lose....

...an AGFA print in an amazing good shape....Love ´em...

...This monkey goes to Newtown...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

...The party is over...

-

Thank you Peter for that gem.

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2017 04:18 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This time I chose Scanners, my favourite David Cronenberg movie.
Scanners - Canada 1981 - Director: David Cronenberg with Steven Lack, Jennifer O´Neill, Michael Ironside, Lawrance Dane, Patrick McGoohan...

A fantastic, intense and in some scenes disturbing movie.

Scanners are offsprings of test persons which was involved into a medical experiment. They have specific mental skills with those they could control or harm other people...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 31, 2017 02:55 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight i viewed what is a xmas present from my Mum, (dear of her) to my Brother,
The brilliant 1970 movie Waterloo. This is a flat version as the scope fugi print was way out of my price range, (would still love to get hold of one if price was right), but despite a little Eastman colour shift it has fair to good colours. Unfortunatly, as always, my little digital camera does a very poor job in actually showing you how good it really is.
A very good film, great cast, and nice pin sharp image, the up side of the print to compensate for the slight colour shift is the actual print, (now i have cleaned it up and re-spooled onto 3 instead of 4 reels), is in very good condition with no lines that i can see worth mentioning. This appears to be an ex TV print.
Not a CGI shot in site, just great acting, great action and a field full of real human extras.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2017 10:39 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This time I have chosen a film, which I havn´t seen for year - Dead & Buried a creepy and fantastic movie. (Agfa print)

Dead & Buried - USA 1981 - Director: Gary Sherman with James Farentino, Melody Anderson, Jack Albertson, Dennis Redfield, Lisa Blount, Robert Englund, Glen Morshower

A fantastic, intense and in some scenes disturbing movie.

James Farentino is a sheriff in a small fishing village Potter´s Bluff at the american east coast. As he was called to a trafffic accident, he finds at the accident site a heavily burnt, but still living man, which was immediately delivered to the local hospital. At this time he cann´t imagine, that accident has only been feigned and the man is a non local photographer, who has been attacked and set on fire at the beach by some villagers...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 01, 2017 11:51 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holger, where do you get these excellent prints form. Dead & Buried was a horror film i liked also. I first saw this in the cinema and noticed it was by Dan O Bannon who also wrote Alien and Dark Star. I have this on DVD but it is slightly censored.

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2017 11:39 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom, I really do have prints in a very poor shape, regarding the colours and mechanical wear, that´s for sure.
I first saw Dead & Buried on TV, I was to young at that time for the movie into the cinema. To watch such a movie in the cinema must be amazing.
Your DVD is censored, I´m sure there will be an uncut release, but maybe you will get lucky and find this on 16...
Yes indeed in last time I was lucky and have had the opportunity to purchase such gems like the "Braindead" or "Robocop" which are in nearly perfect condition.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2017 12:13 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember seeing Dead and Buried at the cinema - although i was underage - i managed to get in - it was great to see the late great Jack Albertson in a really creepy role.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 02, 2017 01:35 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too was little underage to get in, me an my two mates had great laughs and fun times sneaking in or arguing our age at the pay desk, then once in looking out for Mrs Torch. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 07, 2017 05:35 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday night I watched Max Dugan Returns and last night Multiplicity with my visiting grandsons. It's so cute the kids are getting use to me having to switch reels and rewind. They actually look forward to the breaks. Last night the 7 year old asked, " Is it a 2 reel or 3 reel movie Grandma?" They catch on so fast!

-

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  23  24  25 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC