8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  23  24  25 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2016 02:53 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I think you did take a photo with the cue mark Michael.
I remember seeing those when I videotaped tv programs to watch later. When I saw them I then got ready to fast forward 🙂

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2016 01:58 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just received my Tim Burtuns Batman and Batman Returns prints.
Yesterday I run reel 1 and 2 of Batman with my Elmo 16 CL Xenon and shortly before end of reel 2, the projector conked out.
Today I watched the last reel (reel 3) with the Elmo 16 CL Halogen.

I was a little bit disappointed, I have the S8 Trailer of Batman (it was released together with two 007 License to Kill trailers) and the color quality of the S8 print is a little bit better than the 16mm feature.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2016 10:56 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The super 8mm trailer is probably a dupe from a print and may have enhanced the color.

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2016 09:41 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
American Graffiti - what great old cars!

-

-

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2016 12:48 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we watched one of my all time favorite silly comedies TOP SECRET

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2016 09:24 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

Just watched Charles Bronson in Breakheart Pass and Hylda Baker and Jimmy Jewel in the feature film of Nearest and Dearest

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 31, 2016 06:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A compilation (made by an amateur) of French musical extracts.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 01, 2016 12:54 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino...Val Kilmer looks like a teenager [Smile]

Dominique...I didn't realize you were into 16mm also...cool [Cool]

In celebration of the fantastic Golden State Warrior victory over the OKC Thunder Monday night...I watched my somewhat faded basketball movie One On One (1977). Robbie Benson is no Steph Curry...but his dribbling and shooting is pretty convincing for the movie.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2016 09:38 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A young Val Kilmer followed by a young Annette O'Toole!

Last night I saw some young and old Star Trek characters:

watched Space Seed
 -
 -

followed by The Wrath of Khan (Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn!)
 -
 -
 -
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 01, 2016 01:13 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, I have actually many 16 mm films but "only" two sound projectors and no good 16 mm splicer or large rewinder so I must admitt that I have been neglecting this gauge for a while. When I moved (10 years ago), I had to put most of my films in different place that where I live, and the majority of the films that are stored are my 16 mm ones as they need more room.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 05, 2016 06:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two musicals compilations spools. All in French [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 10, 2016 03:31 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Continental Divide (1981) was one of John Belushi's last movies. It's a very tame movie by Belushi standards, but a cute story and the music score is excellent. A very feel-good movie, but I get a little teary-eyed when Helen Reddy sings the ending song "Never Say Goodbye." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThA5uZEg6nY

-

[ August 10, 2016, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 18, 2016 04:08 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched Sidney Poitier in his Oscar winning role of Homer Smith in Lillies of the Field (1963). This was one of two films I received yesterday. I was very happy with the picture quality and sound. A truly delightful movie.

-

The second film I received was Multiplicity (1996) It stars Michael Keaton and Andie MacDowell. This was a clever and entertaining movie that really shows off Michael Keaton's talents. Unfortunately the 4x3 pan and scan version doesn't do the special effects justice. It frequently cuts off charaters on the sides. Never the less the quality and color of this print is very good and still very enjoyable to watch.

-

[ October 09, 2018, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2016 04:31 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just been running through some of my Ealing and Blackpool buys. A colour Pepe Le Peu cartoon, as described it has excellent colour, a B&W sound Inspector Willoughby cartoon "Phoney Express" (I actually managed to buy this also in Super 8, though that is colour silent) a 1945 Castle Films newsreel review of the year and a reel of silent "offcuts" from the LWT TV series of Dick Turpin. The last is a mixture of single & double perf stock (which is why I failed at first to notice it was on the spool unrewound from its last showing) that has some faded shots and some pristine colour.

All in all a good collection from the events.

Stuart Bowling
Junior

- posted November 24, 2016 02:33 PM      Profile for Stuart Bowling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched Tom & Jerry LPP Jerry's Country Cousin great color and watched The Omen again [Smile]

Ronald Green
Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2016 09:17 PM      Profile for Ronald Green   Author's Homepage   Email Ronald Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw several Laurel and Hardy film:
1) Blotto
2) Oliver the Eight
3) Going bye-bye

All are 16mm reels and with sound. FYI- I got these films for my condo organization and showed them. They are free loan films from the Enoch Pratt- library. Over 2,000 16mm films.
They are available through interlibrary loan. Some prints are better than others. Don't expect a prefect print. Some are get; others not so great. Also, All films have "Public Performance Rights".

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 27, 2016 05:23 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was prepared for the worse as the film I bought for "soundies" turned to be when I cleaned it with Filmguard a redish cartoon. Well, the cartoon is good, the colour went back with the filter and there is even a song in :-) Other films : a 1930's documentary of Palestine, then a film (from the early sixties ?) about Israël (it was interesting to see the changes with the preceeding reel). All these were in English. I screened also two films in French : a newsreel (received from David Guest at Blackpool) ans a documentary (in black and white) about Rwanda.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 03, 2016 03:10 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened a print I just received from Denmark. Falling in Love (1984) starring Robert Deniro, Meryl Streep, Harvey Keitel, and Jane Kaczmarek. Color and sound very good. The audio track is in English with Danish subs. This was the first film I've bought that arrived on cores instead of reels. At first I wasn't sure what to do...but I found some assistance in a thread here on the forum and got the two cores transferred. [Smile]

-

-

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 30, 2016 10:21 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night Darrin and I watched my 16mm copy of Continental Divide (1981). It stars John Belushi and Blair Brown. Darrin had never seen this movie before. Despite the print color turning...with a filter it was very watchable...sound and picture quality excellent.

-

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 16, 2017 11:27 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After watching two footbal playoff games I was ready to set down to a film last night. A generous bowl of hot buttered popcorn in hand...I fired up my Elmo 16CL and watched Time After Time (1979). Malcolm McDowell, Mary Steenburgen, and David Warner are great and the filming in my native San Franciso makes this movie a favorite.

-

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 26, 2017 11:11 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What can I say... I just love 80's movies. Last night I watched Victor / Victoria (1982). James Garner was always one of my favorite actors. Julie Andrews never sounded better and she and Robert Preston made for a very funny pair. The print I have is in excellent condition and a fun watch. [Cool]

-

--------------------
Janice

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2017 11:41 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive got a backlog of several features that ive bought recently that I haven't had the chance to screen - its finding the time to give them a clean and the run them on my bell and howell TQ1 - the films in question are - Robert Shaw in Swashbuckler (scope), Roy Scheider in The Last Embrace, Charles Bronson in The Valachi Papers, Tom Selleck in Lassiter, Anthony Newley in Mr Quilp, Farah Fawcett in Sunburn, Charlton Heston in The last hard men and Robert Redford in Little fauss and big halsy. Still - when I eventually watch them - i'll enjoy screening them.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2017 02:52 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,

Agreed, I mirror your review.
This is a great film with a terrific cast, story and an absolutely gorgeous print on 16mm.
NO DOUBLE ENTENDRE INTENDED.

Red Fox printed the complete feature on Super 8mm sound too, but 16mm would be my choice.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 26, 2017 03:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The Red Fox print of Victor Victoria, is equally as beautiful as this one above.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2017 03:25 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just as a try out after fitting a 4.8w 12v LED (the sort used in down lighters) powered externally to my B&H 2962 I watched an episode of "Catweazle" (Castle Suburac) a 2ft picture projected onto a putty coloured wall.
Sorry no pictures, but it has always been a bluish print and using a cool white LED it looked even bluer. Np pinking as on Agfa Gaevert stock. The picture was brighter than I had thought/hoped. I tried this as I hope to transfer some film to DVD and didn't want to use the 250w lamp. Now I'm wondering if I might use this set up more if I don't want a larger picture.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  23  24  25 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC