8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CHC delivery delay (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: CHC delivery delay
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 05:26 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Day 100 (more or less) after ordering.
Day 40 after payment.
Day 27 after shipping.
No news.
[Frown]

Sorry having to state I went to my Bank in the morning and I was suggested to talk to one of a lawyers, considering the main item (ALREADY AVAILABLE IN STOCK) was ordered in AUGUST, the payment was arranged via Money Transfer (and not via Credit Card: how stupid I was!) OCTOBER 14th (so longtime after ordering because there were every day good excuses not to confirm the movie was ready to be delivered... maybe not is stock even if I was told the contrary?) and the parcel was reputedly shipped OCTOBER 26th .

That's what I will soon do.
Once more, I'm SERIOUSLY sick of bad attitudes.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 06:00 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,
sorry to read this topic, but a little bit comfort:
I sent one hour ago the parcel with Toy Story and the Rescuers to you. You must receive it in ~3 days.
Regards
Oemer

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 06:20 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oemer.
I'm even worse than sorry. I'm really disappointed.
Thanks for the good piece of news, anyway.

I hope to receive soon the items. As soon as I find the time to check THE RESCUERS condition I will arrange the payment following our agreement.
I will send you a PM later.
Thanks for your kindness.
Hope your girl is better. Take care.

--------------------

Paolo Consoli
Junior

- posted November 23, 2009 08:25 AM      Profile for Paolo Consoli   Author's Homepage   Email Paolo Consoli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I had this morning finally permission to access and post to the forum, so I'm happy to post my first one to Gian (I had in the past some business with him).
In the past I had some trouble with shipping from UK using ParcelForce (but not from Phil): the sender shipped with this strange code CP....
In order to trace it (from their site is not possible to trace outside UK) you have to:
- call their customer service at the number 0844 800 4466 (add UK prefix)
- once understood which is the right option (but they are very kind and polite) on the automatic responder ask to give you an INTERNATIONAL GLS SENDING NUMBER or something similar, which is a code composed by 12 numbers. Please note that Parcel Force deliver in Italy with GLS
- with this number call the italian customer service of GSL ITALY (you can find this easy on the web) and ask to trace your movies.
Hope this could help to locate your packet.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 08:42 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
100 days and no film! This is ridiculous. The film is lost or stolen and chances are no one will ever see it again. The onus is on CHC to immediately refund Gian his money. Somehow I cannot see Derann leaving Gian in the lurch like this - they would have done anything to keep him a happy customer -that's just their standard mode of operation.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 08:54 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum, Paolo.

Well, it's not really a happy beginning having to write your first post for such a sad story. I have already tried all possibilities to track the code I had from Mr. Phil. No way to trace the parcel! And before 25 working days had passed, I was told he had sent a claim to the post office where the items were posted.
Well, thanks to other members living in UK I have discovered this is possible only after 25 working day from delivery date have passed. Another lie I did not stand so much.

Thanks once more for your support, Paul. You are totally right. Derann would have acted in a very different way. As previously stated, CHC has closed down, with me. No discussion! [Mad]

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 09:08 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian, I`d give it a chance for a while, I`ve had one trailer packets take 3/4 weeks to Italy and even much longer and this one went off in the middle of a Strike.

I`ve had one item go missing and others delayed in the recent strike, I`m not sure if all the backlogs are gone, but do bear in mind Italien Post can be very troublesome itself. Some sellers won`t post there.

You can get a claim form etc early if you like ready to send in if needed,Thats probably what Phils done, but I would try to be possitive, I think it will Be OK and if its covered thats great.

Ive had some odd goings on even with tracked parcels abroad, once out of the UK it may not be trackable, it may be in the Italien system and often when it goes from one country to another the number etc doen`t pass on as it goes in to the new system or it can even go altogther. But you are still covered.
Paulo gives good advice above.

I`m sure CHC will sort it out for you.

You can send me the details you have if you like and I will ring up the Postal srevice here and see what can be done from within the UK.

There is still hope, its early days especially with the industial action we had and its effects.

Best wishes Mark.

PS Ive paid for films privately and had over a year wait, but they did come.

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 09:27 AM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to tell you, for this particular business (CHC) to be continually harping that collectors don't communicate what releases they would like to see (even though there's plenty of evidence otherwise on this forum), it's amazing how "uncommunicative" this particular business is in terms of this situation.

I agree with you, Paul -- there is absolutely no reason why a refund isn't forthcoming in my view.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 09:38 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your support, John.

Mark, I've seen your PM. Will answer later. I know sometimes Italian Post Service is frustrating too. But, despite the strike, the two last orders I made to Derann where supplied the day after, strike or no strike!
And the difference in shipping cost was not so big.
Well begun, half done. We have a similar expression here in Italy.

I'm actually receiving a lot of private mails because of this situation.
Some are really annoying (so, avoid please).
I'm not complaining because I feel like to do it. And at the very beginning of this thread the question was IS THERE SOMEONE EXPERIENCING THE SAME SITUATION?
The answer seems to be NO, so I think I have ALL the rights to complain.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 11:36 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, you have every right to complain about this situation. CHC's responsibility to you does not end just because they have shipped you the package - it ends when you receive it and have found everything inside to your satisfaction. It should not be up to you to have to do all the international tracking of the lost package, they should be doing that.
It just blows my mind that a company can act so indifferent to your situation. No business can survive for long with that kind of attitude, particulary so in the 8mm film world.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 11:47 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Phil wrote me a mail today saying he's doing all his best. And within the end of the day (...) I'll have the items or my money back.

Well, we'll see. The customer is lost anyway, that's for sure, believe me!

--------------------

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 11:59 AM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, once again you nailed it!

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 12:57 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,
I hope your situation is resolved in the next 24hrs,youve done more than enough to try to resolve this,the ball is firmly in CHC`s court now,you`ve been treated terribly to say the least.
Regards
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 03:24 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Stewart, thanks.
End of the day arrived. But items or money did not, of course [Frown] .

--------------------

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 04:20 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whether or not I ever place any orders with CHC depends on the outcome of your situation Gian....I hope it ends well for you. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 05:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Paul and Joe.

CHC may not realize it, but, while the 8mm forum is not the sum of all collectors of Super 8, we are enough people to truly make a terrible dent in any future sales.

I too have heard about Phil stating that the hobby cannot continue without collectors supporting the hobby, but if this is the kind of support recieved from the seller, the seller will lose a ton of business, no matter what they release. A business is only as good as the service they provide.

Its in Phil's best interest to do right by Gian.

700 pounds is a lot to shell out for one single feature, and not to be ignored.

Fingers crossed for my friend!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 05:03 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to all of you. Hope to have soon good news.
Ciao.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 08:09 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Day 29 after hypothetical shipping.
No items, no communication (a mail from Mr. Phil asking 'HEY, Mr. LONCRINI, DID YOU FINALLY HAVE THE ITEMS? I REALLY HOPE SO' would be enough. But I'm probably asking too much, am I?) [Frown] .

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 08:38 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unbelievable. I wonder how many customers CHC will lose over this sorry episode with Gian.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 09:05 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian - I don't think you are asking too much from what is supposed to be a "Professional Film Dealer".

Quote from CHC's website opening page -
quote:
"We are very keen to support the true film enthusiast.....We want to be different, but we will listen ...."

I think it is about time to stand by what they say. They do not appear to be giving much "support" to you or "listening" to what you are saying......

I have stated before that I find it amazing that "anyone" would send an item to another country without provision for "on-line" tracking. If the sender has done everything correctly,then he should be able to claim from his carrier, and should not expect you to wait whilst this process is carried out.

This situation is the sort that you would expect from a "rogue" seller on E-Bay, not from a company that claims -

quote:
Classic Home Cinema is very much a cine film company dedicated to an alternative approach to the films that they produce and sell.
It certainly seems to be "an alternative approach" to Customer Satisfaction........

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 02:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minute ...

... am I to understand that there was no proper tracking number?if I remember correctly, Gian recieved a number but it was no good.

Heck, my 5.00 dollar package from Dan lail has a working tracking number!

What really surprises meis that you haven't recieved a refund from him. If I also remember correctly, you already bought "Titanic" from him, so one would assume that a return customer, you would want to clear things up as quickly as possible.

If it was a first time customer, CHC could potentially think, "They got it, but they are just trying to get a film and they're money back.

But this isn't the case. You were a return customer. I wonder if the package was sent with a delivery confirmation?

Come on CHC! Give Gian his money back! Everyday of hesitating is bringing more lack of business to you!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 03:07 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi the number is right, its the Parcel Force Standard delivery service you get in person at the Post Office when sending abroad.

Its not trackable, but you can claim etc if it goes missing. There is also a trackable service which I believe you can insure higher values for.

The standard service in case anyone is thinking of using it is £50 covered standard, and up to £500 if extra cover is paid for and added.

Its usually a good service but you do need to allow 30 days really though usually under 6 for Italy. Bear in mind this was posted in the midst of a postal strike.

I think support and customer service might have been a little better but also bear in mind that Phil/CHC have had some rather bad exeriance`s with overseas deals themselves so probably eering on the side of caution at least until its more clear whether its been lost etc.

30 days tommorrow so I`m sure Phil and co will sort it out.They are possibly waiting for this to pass rather than have more money and films going all over as it may have still landed.

Hope its all OK soon Gian, or even better your film lands.

Best Mark.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 03:10 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with Mark here.

I think it's a little premature to be casting any aspersions on CHC just yet, considering the postal strikes.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 04:03 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We know there has been a postal strike and that may have affected the delivery but, surely, if the parcel was worth £600.00 (especially considering that Gian had already spent a similar amount, prior to this purchase, with CHC) it was very foolish to despatch it by a "troubled method" in the first place, not to mention, without any trackability?

There are many carriers who would have shipped this valuable item to Italy, insured for the full value of £600.00, for the £39.00 that Gian paid for postage.

Why give a parcel to Royal Mail,who,at that time, were having difficulty in delivering post within the U.K, never mind abroad?

It just feels like a very foolish thing to have done, especially as CHC already had experienced "problems" with overseas orders in the past.

Despite the postal method, it also appears that the "communications" to Gian have been "lacking". It just seems to be poor customer service to me - not what you would expect from a "main dealer" in Super 8 product (or any product for that matter).

Remember,Gian has been waiting more than 100 days since ordering the product, and 30 days since it was "shipped".

I don't think I would have that amount of patience.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 04:46 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Keith Parcel Force are seperate from Royal Mail, though you can access some of their services in the post Office.

Its more that they will have had far far larger volumes than usual. Plus Italy can be very so so itself often.

It was actually not being paid for some films etc I was talking about regarding CHC bad luck etc.

I can see the logic in waiting the 30 days at least for both parties as sending more films or monies will cost more money as well and if the film turns up then cost yet again to return etc and re-sort out.

Gian could have done with a bit more reassurance though, its a lot of cash, about what all my super 8 films add up to !!!

I do know at CHC some titles make a few bob, some don`t so its almost and often a non profit, lots of effort, exercise overall, and they do have to subsidise the new releases really with the 2nd hand sales which do, do better.

No-one would go in to releasing new super 8 product now at all, it makes no sense at all really.

What we have still had recently was Dereks Legacy and Phils Love of film keeping things going.

Without new product it would be a sorry outlook for the hobby and as I say new siper 8 now is really done for the love of it so I`m wary of knocking the efforts of anyone who still puts in the cash and time and effort for new releases. There is nothing quite like gettting a new mint film to run if you have it bad like we all do on here.

But even on this forum we don`t really spend enough on new product, some of us nothing, and its cheaper now than ever compared to the cost of living. Hands up there as I can only afford new trailers which are now only going to be newly released by CHC in the UK as we know.

There are a few interesating releases on the way from CHC including a couple of rare trailer possibilities, adverts etc and a nice pixar short I believe and maybe a nice doc or two as well.

I do hope CHC sort this out to Gians satisfaction, but this is an open easy to access forum, lets not put CHC down here too much if we can help it for the hobbies sake ay least, give them a chance, and maybe with this experiance CHC can find a better way to post certain higher value items etc.

So fingers crossed for Gian.

Best Mark.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC