8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CHC delivery delay (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: CHC delivery delay
David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 11:13 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith, Bravo!

Determination and common sense; amazing what can be achieved.

David

|  IP: Logged

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2009 11:05 AM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great work Keith,
CHC should be sending you a gold plated `Get Out Of Jail Free` card surely??
Gian you must be delighted,glad the hair pulling is over [Smile]
I just wish i had hair to pull !
Regards
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2009 11:34 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stewart , my hair went years ago, along with my sanity. Better off without it, no more shampoo to purchase which means more to spend on the hobby......

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2009 01:10 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
... my hair went years ago... Better off without it, no more shampoo to purchase which means more to spend on the hobby......

Don't complain, Keith: at least you have more than me ah ah ah! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 06:02 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GREAT PIECE OF NEWS!

The movie was finally delivered today. It took one day to arrange the re-shipping.

Keith... THANKS A LOT! And thanks a lot to all members who helped.

A happy ending, at least.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 06:19 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEADLINES -

"AIR STEWARDESS EATEN BY VELOCIRAPTOR ON FLIGHT TO MALPENSA"

It was reported today that an air stewardess was eaten by an animal thought to have been extinct for over 2 million years! The creature, a flesh eating dinosaur from the Jurassic period, is believed to have escaped from a parcel in the cargo hold of the aircraft. The captain of the aircraft, Captain Glenn Miller, said that they had heard a commotion during landing. When they investigated they found only the stewardess's leg in the toilet. The rest of her had disappeared!"

The Captain said - "Something dashed into the cargo hold!"

The Co-pilot said - "Do-you-think-he-saurus?"

Captain - "No, I-betcha-he saurus!"

Co-Pilot - "Do you think it was a dog?"

Captain - "No, that would make it a I-betcha-he saurus Rex!"

The Co-Pilot, Second Officer Buddy Holly, was sent into the cargo hold to investigate and found the source of the problem. It appeared that a parcel, addressed to a gentleman in Verona, contained various extinct creatures. They had eaten their way out of the package and were roaming around the cargo hold. The clever co-pilot managed to entice the creatures back into the box, using the stewardess's remaining leg, as bait.

His comment, on completing the task was,

"I always said that the stewardess was very good at her job - she just couldn't put a foot wrong!"

The parcel was rushed through customs, placed on a FED-EX van for delivery to the 'owner in Verona' (that rhymes doesn't it!).

Our reporter, Dino Sauraus, is reported to have followed the van and found that the parcel was delivered to a film collector named Gian Luca Loncrini. Upon gaining access to the property, by telling Mr.Loncrini's sister that he was a veterinary, who was visiting their sick cat Pepa, our reporter was amazed at what he found, once inside the palatial abode.

He said that the property was inhabited by various creatures ranging from dwarfs, flying elephants, comatose princesses, dragons, various wicked witches and an abundance of talking creatures, including mice and deer.

When questioned by our reporter, Mr. Loncrini said -

"I reely have no idea what you are talking about. I cannot see anything - they must be a figment of your imagination".

Our reporter was convinced that this must be true, as neither Mr.Loncrini, his sister nor their cat, appeared to notice the creatures that appeared to be roaming around their property.

However, our reporter has not been seen since leaving the property.

The Verona Police Department have issued a notice about a grisly discovery of a male leg, and a notebook, in a alley not far from where Dino Saurus was last seen.

The editor of this periodical said,

"If Mr.Saurus ever shows his face in this office again, he will be dismissed on the spot! I will not listen to any excuses, as in my opinion, he does not have a leg to stand on".

It would appear that this is one of the many unsolved crimes that are currently being dealt with by the Verona Police.

A spokesman for the police department said,

"There is something strange in the neighborhood".

When asked who he was going to call he said,

"GHOSTBUSTERS!!!".................

The question on all our readers minds now is -

"Will this statement prompt Mr. Loncrini into another purchase??"

PS - Glad to have helped Gian.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 06:59 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith, this is really a very FUNNY and happy ending.
I'm still laughing!
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Thanks for all you help. And friendly way to make me happy.
Take care.

--------------------

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 07:09 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith, that was a 'class act' helping to provide a happy ending - and all without a fee; a genuine act of kindness in this day and age.

I thought that kind of stuff only happens in the movies.

Cheers [Smile]

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 07:38 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Roy, I just love a happy ending.

Gian - I didn't have many friends as a child - my father used to hang a sausage around my neck, just so the dog would play with me........ [Razz]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 04, 2009 08:36 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaah!

The puns just keeping coming! Keep em coming! I still think it's wonderful (and incredible) that you were able to track it down. CHC certainly has egg on they're face, considering that they could have done the same.

It IS possible that timing could have had something to do with it, (the package arriving back just when Keith started his search), but the fact of the matter is that YOU did it!

Now Keith, I have been waiting for a print of a STAR WARS scope feature in stereo, since 2003. I can't even remember the British fellows name, but he got my cash, and I got nothing!

Hows that for a mystery Scooby Doo?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 09:11 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yoiks! I am not sure I can help you "Shaggy", or should it be "Daphne"?

Gian's parcel arrived back in the UK sometime the week before last - with nowhere for it to go,it went into the "Parcelforce Holding Tank" (which is probably where your STAR WARS print is hiding).I just rang up and queried the CP Number. This highlighted the "lost parcel". I just gave them CHC's address and contact number and lo and behold, the parcel was back with them on Tuesday, this week.

Arranged collection of parcel on Wednesday from CHC. Received parcel Thursday and despatched it to Italy. Delivered in Verona Friday morning.

It is anyone's guess how long it would have stayed in the "Holding Tank" before, if ever it was found.

Still "all's well that ends well". Gian now has his "menagerie" increased many fold and without a doubt, that makes him a very happy chappy.

[ December 04, 2009, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 04, 2009 01:13 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done again Keith - finally a happy ending for Gian, entirely due to your efforts. As for CHC, I would think it would be a nice gesture for them to send Gian a nice 400ft short or trailer set for his troubles. But maybe that is too much to hope for.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 04, 2009 01:19 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad it finally arrived, Gian.

I think at least an apology from CHC is in order.

[Smile]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 01:41 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, Paul, Michael...
Thanks a lot.
The only thing I'm happy with is my items were finally delivered. All apologizes or gift are absolutely unnecessary [Wink] .
Ciao!

--------------------

Ferran Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 01:53 PM      Profile for Ferran Gimenez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, I'm really happy you finally got your film after weeks and weeks of waiting.
What has happened here is just incredible. I use to trust sellers and I expect they act honestly.
Anyway, congratulations for your film has arrived at last.

Cheers

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 05:21 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Muchisimas gracias, Ferran.
Ciao!

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 07:23 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad that worked out for you, Gian!!!! What was the feature?

KEITH, I want you on my side when it comes to finding parcels. I had two parcels stolen off my front porch (don't EVEN get me started about the US Postal Service!)... could you get out your crystal ball and see what deadbeats took my stuff.. I have felony warrant waiting for them!!! as, I have the remains of the boxes, found by a neighbor.

signed, Help in Music City!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 08:02 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greg, the movie was JURASSIC PARK.
Keith is really a living phenomenon. Hope to have the possibility to go to the next Ealing in March to meet him.
He's like a brother, even if we never personally met.

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 08:32 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh, acquired a JURASSIC PARK print myself here in the States..... was a German print, but re-recorded in English/Stereo. Sound was acceptable, but visually had quite a bit of wear. Which, I guess is OK...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 09:19 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did not screen it yet.
Hope to find the time during the week end. BTW we are both referring to the same print (I will soon re-record it in Italian) [Razz] .

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2009 01:39 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian I am so happy to hear that you finally received your print..That makes it a great weekend all around...Most of our friends are off having themselves a film convention, and you can screen your new print... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2009 02:36 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, my friend, I have been called many things in my life, but "Living Phenomenon"... Well, what can I say to that, other than I'm just glad to be "living".

I find all of your praises quite humbling, but totally unneccesary. It just happened that I made a phone call, at the right time, to the right person. No one was more surprised than I when the parcel came to "light" (I am really glad it did, mind you).

Believe me, if it was within my power to locate all "missing films", then you could consider it done! Alas...........

As for re-arranging the delivery so quickly - again the service that Gian received, via Global Express, was arranged by myself, but paid for by Gian. This is somewhat annoying when you consider the amount that he had already paid and the time taken, from the order date, to the despatch of the film.

The main thing is that Gian now has his film, albeit a lot later than expected, and for that I am very happy indeed.

PS - I would like to say that Mr.Sheard did thank me for "finding the parcel", when I rang to arrange the collection of the film, from him.

--------------------

Ferran Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2009 03:22 AM      Profile for Ferran Gimenez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith you're an amazing guy, for tracking Gian's film. Doing what CHC should have done from the very beginning.

Gian, I hope you enjoy "Jurassic Park"!!

Cheers

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC