8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CHC delivery delay (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: CHC delivery delay
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 04:46 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I do agree that the period between ordering and shipping needs to be explained.

I also agree that customer service is pretty poor on CHC's part.

I just meant that 30 days since shipping is not an unprecedented delay, in my experience.

Anyway, I hope your print turns up, Gian.

-Mike [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 05:27 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do know there have been some expectations in new film deliveries and then the films weren`t in, but came in a later batch like my present order.

The printers also do thier best, but its the nature of film and how things are now for a number of reasons.

Best Mark.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 05:55 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, I do agree that the period between ordering and shipping needs to be explained.

I won't write all details about the way the order was placed, payment, mailing and all the rest. No reason to do it (and Phil should have the right to reply directly).

But I can explain, Michael.
in August I sent a mail to Mr. Phil to ask about the price of the movie I'm actually waiting for. The thread in which I was asking for some information about that movie to other members HAS BEEN DELETED for that 'Dave Alligan story', but some of you should remember.

Well, I was told a copy of that movie was ALREADY available in stock. And I accepted to place the order.

But...
In the meanwhile I was also waiting for TITANIC to be delivered. I had asked if it was possible to have both of them shipped together, considering it seemed the second title was already in stock (once more, probably it was not, but after I said 'YES, I'D LIKE TO HAVE IT', Mr. Phil had at least half of a field day) but there always was a reason why the movie was not ready to be shipped.
So I had asked to ship TITANIC at least.

I wouldn't go on by telling the whole story about the deposit I was asked for and all the rest. But, of course, Mr. Phil is invited to take part to the discussion, if he has something to say. It's me asking!

I will wait for another while. And than I will go on my way. At least you all know now the reason why it took so long between placing the order for a movie that was supposed to be ready to be dispatched (and it was not) and payment (after a deposit already payed 11th MAY for TITANIC and finally used to 'confirm' the new movie ordered. When, in fact, it was time to pay Cameron's movie, for unexplainable reasons Mr. Phil wanted me to pay the TOTAL AMOUNT (how much was it? 1000 euro?) and told me 'OK, LET'S USE THE DEPOSIT YOU HAVE SENT 11th MAY FOR THE NEW FILM THAT IS NOT READY TO BE SHIPPED'. In two words: Mr. Phil had in August the total amount for TITANIC and £ 180 as a deposit for the second title in his pocket. And I'm sure he could confirm this. Anyway, if not, I have somewhere the receipt of TITANIC payment for the whole amount, deposit EXCLUDED!

THIS MEANS £ 180 FOR THE MOVIE I HAVE NOT RECEIVED YET WAS PAID IN MAY!

Once more, enough details to be a little upset, guys?
It's seems to be a soup opera... Better to stop here with details, trust me.
But, again, Mr. Phil is invited to write here, if I am wrong or I have forgotten something.

Again, it's not for the money. But for the rotten business. That was rotten since the very beginning. I only feel so stupid because I did not smell it.
At least I have now learnt the lesson. And, sorry having to say that once more, there won't be future orders to place at CHC.

-

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 06:29 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian, I really do appreciate your concerns and troubles etc, and there are some elements out of CHC,s hands too.Printing and Parcel Force.

But you are a very good customer and would have been again I am sure.

Delays etc sure on the ordering more clarity and consideration etc was needed.

But on the missing parcel regarding another copy being sent or refunds etc within the 30 days Parcel Force say to wait it would have not been practical at all to act before then.

This is why logically.

If Phil had a replacement film in stock and had quickly sent it to Gian costing say £35-£40 for good trackeable cover and that copy still a little at risk even with tracking had got there OK, great but then the 1st one got there as well.!!!!

That would mean Gian now also had to pay £35-£40 extra like CHC for nothing to post it back and the 2nd film risked a 2nd time in transit as well.

£70-£80 and 2 risks for nothing, it woudln`t make practical sense before the 30 days P,Force suggest then at all.

On the returning the money front its not straight forward either as it was a money transfer.

Phil/CHC would then have to pay to transfer the money back, I think around £20-£30 from most UK Banks though it varies as the UK is a bit behind the times EU wise and they like a good wedge of cash here for anything do the banks, so its in their interest to keep it a bit that way here.

But if then the origional film turned up Gian would have to send the refunded cash back to CHC. I`m sure there`s a fee for Gian too, or if he did Visa CHC would have to pay the % charge as well as the initial refund costs.

So basically I think Phil would also think a bit of a customer service review possibly as being needed.

But the film going missing wasn`t his or CHC,s fault and for all sensible practicalities his hands were tied for the 30 days Parcel Force stipulate before they could do much for the reasons above.

But the missing parcel would have been easier to cope with had you had a better experiance etc before.

Sorry you had a difficult time whatever reasons etc.

Don`t worry Gian, I`m sure this will all sort out and please don`t let it spoil the hobby for you.

Best Wishes Mark.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 06:32 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just giving explanation.
I think I have already expressed my BIG BIG love for this passion so many times, on this forum.
Once more I remind to all members the topic thread was intended to ask if I was the only customer having troubles with CHC and not to complain.

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 06:36 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, you have the patience of a saint! The whole business just leaves a terrible taste in the mouth.

I really do hope that you will get your film (and/or your money refunded)soon.Do notlose hope, my friend.

PS Mark - The question as to why CHC used Royal Mail/Parcelforce, at the time of an industrial dispute, with such a valuable commodity, still beggers belief, especially considering the time involved.I am sorry but I do not accept "printer problems" or such like - the fact is, when the film WAS available, it was shipped by a "sub standard" method. It should have been shipped via a method commensurate with its urgency. It is just shoddy service.As for the "return" of a second film that may have been sent I am sure that under the circumstances Gian would have been better off paying the return fees. At least he would have what he paid for, rather than nothing at all.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 06:38 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cannot believe my 999th post here is about such a thread like this, Keith! But thanks a lot.

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 06:43 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats fair enough Gian, I have a great deal of sympathy for your situation.

Hopefully things will pick up from here.

I`ll try to find you a nice trailer or something and send it along to rekindle the good will and filmie fun vibes.

Best Wishes Mark.

PS Keith I aggree on the deficiencies but things aren`t staright forward at CHC at the moment as we know,that will affect things, its just really bad luck on top the parcel went missing, thats a fairly decent service. I assume it suits CHC to do all sending from the post office, but a better service would have been handy and one that covered the contents fully.
Just trying to keep film possitive and CHC do try in many ways. Hopefully they will be sorting things out for Gian and making him happier now.

Best Mark.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 06:44 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
POST NUMBER 1000: I'm now officially a Phenomenal Film Handler! What's the prize?

MARK, FIND ME DISNEY'S 'TREASURE PLANET' TRAILER ON 8MM AND I'LL BE THE HAPPIEST MAN IN THE WORLD! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 06:48 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian - You are definately a "phenomenally patient" man. [Wink]

[ November 26, 2009, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 06:50 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And, post # 1001, you are a real good friend. Thanks.

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 06:51 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don`t have one at the moment Gian but let me put a few feelers out etc.
You deserve something nice coming along whatever.

Best Mark.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 06:54 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, I really want to apologize if you were for some reason involved in this sad situation because of me.
I hope you understand the way I feel. That's all. And now, Lords, it's time to go sleeping for me.
It seems to be on a chat line!
Ciao a tutti. [Wink]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2009 09:21 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer,
TOY STORY and THE RESCUERS have been delivered a couple of minutes ago.
Thanks a lot, my friend. Hope to have soon the time to screen them.
GRAZIE. You are really a kind person.

All the best (hope your girl is better, now).
GIAN [Wink]

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 06:55 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian-

Hang in there my friend! I know what you must be going through. I think in the end, everything will turn out o.k. (my wife says I'm the optimist of the family [Wink] ). But still, I know its very hard for you to be optimistic when there's a good amount of money at stake. Your forum family is there for you!

Mark-

Thank you for your a very well-written post (last on page 3). I couldn't have said that better. Derann and CHC are certainly working against the odds, and I think the last thing I could accuse anyone in the super 8 business of is trying to make a ton of money. Anyone doing it now MUST have a passion for it, and these two companies certainly do.

As for CHC, I have alot of their product from the past years, and I've never been dissapointed. The quality and variety has been great. I've never ordered directly from CHC. I order their product from Steve Osborne/The Reel Image, here in America. That works out well, because even when something takes long to order, Steve has regular communications with Phil, so I always know whats going on with my order.

But again, Gian, I know its hard to be optimistic when your film and money are being tied up, so I completly understand your position on this.

A great thought- maybe it will arrive just in time for Christmas (hopefully sooner though [Wink] ).

James.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 07:06 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James, how are you?
Nice to receive news from you.
I'm the first one feeling so sad about all this. But it's taking so longtime and I'm getting really frustrated with it.
Hope this situation will soon be solved.
All the best dear friend. Take care.

GIAN

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 10:00 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that the quantity or quality of CHC's product is the issue here, or about "putting any company down" - it's all about customer service.

Gian has been waiting well over 100 days since ordering, well over 40 days since paying, well over 30 days since shipping and he may well end up having to wait another 90 days, whilst Royal Mail sort out the claim, before getting any recompense.

Where does this stop? CHC have a good customer who has spent quite a lot more than probably most members here with them this year, and that "good customer" is missing £600.00 in money, and a film that he has not received and that no one appears to know the whereabouts of!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Gian has not only spent more with CHC than most of us - he also has more patience than most of us, considering his situation.

The poor chap must be absolutely sick of the situation and no one appears to be helping his demeanor by praising the "quality of product" and "lack of dealers within the hobby".

Let's not forget that -
Yes, without the dealers we may not have much of a hobby!
But also, without the collectors, there would be no dealers!

This is a customer service issue - and that ain't happening from what I can see!

I apologise if I have offended anyone with my comments but I write it because I know I would feel if it were me.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 10:38 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mail sent to Mr. Phil today too to get a copy of the shipping documents.
No replies at all. [Frown] .

Thanks for your support, Keith. I'm getting more and more upset day after day.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 27, 2009 01:23 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

Have you tried phoning CHC and actually speaking to Phil?
Email is fine but it can be frustrating just waiting for a reply.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 02:04 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not yet....

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 27, 2009 03:45 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith, I think you have it dead right - no one here is complaining about the quality of the product. It's CHC's attitude towards Gian (probably their best customer as well) that is totally inexcusable. 100 days ARO is more than enough!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 04:32 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your comment Paul. I have been re-reading the posts and have just realised something that I missed. It appears that the film was not sent by "Royal Mail", but "Parcelforce". Therefore the "postal strike" excuses do not apply, as Parcelforce were not in an industrial dispute - they were working normally during the "postal strike". I know this, because my company use them on a daily basis and during the strike, they performed as normal. So,if you take away the "Postal strike" excuse for the delay, it makes matters worse.

As far as I can see, the only "non-tracked service" that Parcelforce do to Italy, or Europe, is "Global Value" and that would have cost in the region of £39.00, but it would only have an insurance value of £250.00? However, even with this service, the delivery aim is 6-7 days to Italy. Insurance of £500.00 would cost £58.00, with a delivery aim of 4 days. However this service is trackable.

I am not trying to play the role of Sherlock Holmes here, but it does raise the question already asked -

"Due to the value of the order and the timescale from order placement to despatch - why use a "budget un-trackable service"?

Come on Phil, if you are reading this thread, be magnanimous and do right, by your customer - "Give Gian a refund of his monies"

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 05:24 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I thought of the same thing. JUST PHONE PHIL.
Gian, phone in the afternoon say 2pm. Phil should be in then. If you phone in the morning you will probably only get his wife Denise.

If you phone Phil you can speak to him in person and hopefully get it sorted in minutes.

I personally have never had any trouble with ordering from CHC with visa card but then again Im lucky that I live in the UK. I did recently recieve a short film with stripe damage for about 2 inches but I sent the film back and Phil sent out a replacement strait away which I recieved quickly, but I stress again that living in the UK makes it more reliabile and quicker.

Graham S

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 05:40 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all your posts and different points of view. It's really interesting to see how different approaches and reactions such a bad situation like this can stir up (I'm seriously thinking this from an anthropological point of view).

I personally think Mr. Phil himself could make an effort and give me a call to explain directly or apologize. I already spent too much (oh yes, I'm now referring to money), don't you agree? And actually having nothing back. Not even a copy of the shipping document. A phone call is the last thing I have in my mind. Sorry having to say that.

After so long waiting after placing the order and so many unclear details, do you pals think I'd really feel like to hear his voice? COME ON!

After beginning this thread (once more, intended to know if I was the only collector having problems with a delivery) I've been receiving SO MANY mails from lots of people from the Forum. And it seems I'm not the only one who had/are having troubles with Mr. Phil. This means he was not always a perfect dealer (note I wrote PERFECT, not good).

I will wait for one more week. And than, as already stated, I will go on my way.

[ November 27, 2009, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 03:38 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,

Just as an aside, a parcel I sent to a town outside Milano on the 7th of September only turned up a couple of days ago, the 25th of November.

Nearly 3 months to get from the UK to Italy!

I had refunded him ages ago, but he got back in touch and paid me again.

So there is still a slender chance that it will arrive.

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC