8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CHC delivery delay (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: CHC delivery delay
Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 04:53 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Gian,

100th post on this topic and I have some good news for you -

I HAVE FOUND YOUR PARCEL.

I have telephoned Parcelforce and given them the consignment number that Phil gave you and they have told me that the parcel has been returned to the Main Sorting Depot in Coventry in the UK. The parcel had been sent by "Parcelforce Global Value", which is a non trackable service. They told me it got to Italy but there was a problem with the address on the parcel, so they returned it back to the UK.

Parcelforce are holding it in Coventry because, they tell me, there is no "Sender address" on the parcel, so they could not return it to them. They make a note of any "non trackable" consignment numbers that are "in limbo" in the hope that someone will query their whereabouts.

I have given them CHC's address and they are arranging for it to be re- delivered back to CHC in Cleethorpes. It should be back with CHC by the end of next week.

Why CHC could not have taken the action I have taken, to trace the parcel, is a mystery to me?

Like I have said all along, it is VERY BAD Customer Service.

If the parcel had been sent with "on-line tracking" this problem would have been apparent weeks ago and could have been sorted without pushing your blood pressure through the roof!

Let's hope that CHC learn from this fiasco?

P.S. It appears that the parcel was sent by the "Global Value" service which only carries a maximum insurance of £250.00?????

[ November 30, 2009, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 06:37 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for telling me, Bart.

And you, Keith. What can I say? You are a real friend.
I will write immediately to CHC to tell them the parcel is going to be returned to them. And then we will see.
I send you a PM later.
Grazie, Keith.
Really. Thanks a lot for all you did. I really won't forget it.

And about any possibility for CHC to learn from this fiasco, well... for sure it will never happen again, with me. Chapter closed.
Take care.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 06:46 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly Keith-

That was awsome!

I humbly nominate KEITH ASHFIELD to be the 8mm forum member of 2009.

Gian- I'm so happy for you. I hope everything works out in the end. You have really been through a ruff few months.

Keep us posted.

James.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 06:49 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I humbly nominate KEITH ASHFIELD to be the 8mm forum member of 2009.

James, thanks a lot. And of course I totally agree. Keith was simply fantastic. And Andrea Fastame in Italy was too (the only one supporting me here in my own country [Roll Eyes] ). A nomination to him too, so!

I hope to solve soon the situation and have finally my movie. That's all I wish.
Ciao.

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 06:59 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian. you are most welcome.

Thanks for the praise James, but not really necesary. It was only when I re-read the posts and realised that the film had been sent by Parcelforce.

I am just sorry for Gian, and this topic, that I did not realise and acted sooner.

I just hope for Gians sake that this will all get sorted out now.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 07:15 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Keith that's great news and Gian will be a happy boy! Perhaps you could work for Phil and sort these problems out for the future,It's a BIG job(customer care!) i know but it needs sorting,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 07:20 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all posts, guys. Mail already sorted to Phil to tell him about the piece of news.
Let's now hope to have the movie soon.
Grazie ancora, ragazzi!

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 07:25 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark, but I think I will take what our American cousins would call the "Miranda Rights" on that comment.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 28, 2009 08:34 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Keith! Unbelievable to me is that CHC shipped the parcel without their own return adress on it! What kind of organization is that! Also, you achieved in short order what CHC should have done 3 weeks ago. Had you not acted, that parcel would have presumably sat in limbo forever. Hopefully CHC will take this as a real 'lessons learned' about how not to treat their customers.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 28, 2009 12:54 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent work, Keith.

No return address????

Totally sloppy handling by CHC.

Pretty unbelievable.

They owe Gian a huge apology.

[ November 28, 2009, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Michael O'Regan ]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 28, 2009 02:03 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kudos, Keith.
Dealing with CHC has always seemed bizarre to me. When I talk to Phil at conventions, he's always pleasant and helpful and I don't hesitate to purchase from him. But mail order and internet with CHC is a painful experience. Getting informations is hard and scarce replies always make me feel that I'm pissing the lad off. Maybe it's because he doesn't want to dealwith us foreigners, the heck if I know...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 28, 2009 02:11 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I nominate Keith for "Member of the Year" as well. That is truly outstanding! To put forth such effort when it is not your persoanl package is amazing, and a true credit to you.

I applaud you, my older brother!

Now Gian, one thing I would STRONGLY SUGGEST, is that you strongly insist that Phil send out the package by another means, with a return address (just in case), to CHC AND online tracking, and, most importantly, by another service.

I am so happy for you Gian. I felt that there was no chance of you getting your package. I am really cherring this.

Once again, Keith, you are of great credit. Can't really put into words what I'm thinking. I'd like to think that I would do the same. If I had the knowledge I'd like to think that I would do the same ...

... but you did it. Incredible Kudo's!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 02:29 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I humbly nominate KEITH ASHFIELD to be the 8mm forum member of 2009
I totally agree with ALL of you... very nice and kind initiative from Keith!
Let's hope Gian will get his parcel as soon as possible now!!!

Gian, we are all with you!

Ciao
Flavio

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 03:23 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just been following this post, Im glad to hear that the film has been found floating in the midsts of the postal service!
Gian should be given a free super 8 feature of his choice from CHC for all the mucking around that has happened!! along with his order that will soon be hopefully in his eager hands! [Big Grin]
Patrick [Smile]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 03:39 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, you make me cry!
Thanks to all of you.
Keith was really and simply fantastic.
I don't know how to express my feelings.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 04:13 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you gentlemen for all your kind words and praise but it is totally unneccesary.

I know how Gian must have been feeling over the past few weeks - it is not so much the monetary value but the "not knowing what the hell is going on" that drives you insane.

The really annoying thing about all this, is that if a little bit of extra time, trouble and cost had been taken by CHC, in choosing the correct method of sending such an expensive commodity, all of this anxiety, animosity and the loss of a good customer could have been avoided.That,followed by an investigative phone call to the carrier would have helped.

It is a sad blemish on CHC reputation that could, and should have been avoided.

All we need to hope and pray for now, is that Gian gets his movie before Christmas, and that CHC get their "overseas despatch problem" sorted out so it does not happen to anyone else.

Off for a large brandy now..........

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 28, 2009 04:26 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I nominate Jean-Marc as "Foreigner Of The Year". You wascally wabbitt! [Big Grin]

Great work, Keith. I mean, it is only appropraite in the land of A. Conan Doyle. [Cool]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 04:59 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian I am so happy to hear that your order has been located, and I think CHC should step up and make this right by you since this was not a simple DVD purchase or anything...

I think Keiths' actions are exactly the kind that inspire me to hopefully be able to help other collectors whenever the possibility arises. These are the things that make this forum so great, the people looking out for each other... Well Done ! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 05:48 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, Dino.
I've been considering the forum a sort of family and won't easily chage my mind. So I have to agree once more with you.

As some of you already stated, I only hope this could be helpful to CHC for future customers/orders.

During the past days I had so many mails. And sometimes they were written in a very 'weird' way (to be polite), as to some members all it was described on this long and frustrating thread was a little bit exaggerated. And as it was me to be supposed to apologize Phil!
Trust me: I was really upset because of this CHC total lack of godwill and I have omitted a lot of details not to appear rude. But I hope to forget this as soon as my items will be finally delivered. Don't want anything for free, Patrick: my movies will be enough [Wink] .

So, Keith, once more I really thank you a lot. Just tell me if there's something I could do for you. I know you love movies starring John Wayne. I'd give you everything about him I have in my collection.
But, unfortunately, I HAVE NOTHING AT ALL starring him [Big Grin] .

Hope now you are having your brandy with P. A big hug to her. I know she was as worried as your were about this situation, during the past days.
Hope to have soon the possibility to meet you personally and give a friendly hug to both of you.

Grazie.
Thanks to all of you once more. Hope, now, not to write any longer about this on this thread.
Good night.

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 28, 2009 05:54 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW well done Keith that is superb news,when I spoke to them earlier in the week they had no news so maybe just back.

That is just brilliant and hopefully it will go back out all covered etc.

Gian do you want one of us to offer to arrange it to be picked up from CHC etc for them or if they send it they will now be using the better service I assume.

This is just the best news.

Odd about the address as everything I get from CHC has the address on as well I think.

Anyway a super big Yippie, it would be interesting to see what was on the pack, also it seems it did need the 30 days to be back in the UK with Parcel Force.

Best Mark.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 05:55 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your offer, Mark.
There's already someone who will do it for me.
But I do appreciate your help. Grazie!

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 07:02 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I was a bit surprised at the fact there was no return address on the parcel, but that is what the lady at Parcelforce said was the reason it was still at the Coventry hub. I actually gave her CHC's address from their website, whilst I was on the phone to them. Hopefully, so I was told Gian's film will be back at CHC by Friday, or possibly earlier.

It would be nice if CHC contacted Gian to let him know when they have it back on their premises?

I am sure that Gian wants to "forget this post" now, as it has been a bit of a "trauma" for him.

I await for his "last post" on this topic -

"Hey guys I've got my film at last!" [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Hopefully that will not be long in coming now?

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 07:17 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope to post it soon, my friend. [Wink]
GO SLEEPING NOW!

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 07:50 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well we know this has put a smile on Gian's face Keith but do you think one might appear on Phil's?? A long shot i know but one miracle has been performed finding the film etc,I'm thinking of writing to Jim'll Fix It to see if he can help as well!! Ha Ha Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 28, 2009 09:20 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian I am very pleased that your film was found and thanks to Keith you will soon have it, I do hope you recieve an apology from CHC for everything you have gone through.

Graham.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC