8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CHC delivery delay (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: CHC delivery delay
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 17, 2009 09:38 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian, sounds a bit promissing, and if you are considering a big purchase from the UK ask myself or one of the chaps to try an online quote etc for you to see whats available.

Worth going to parcel2go yourself to try it out and look see as well.

Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2009 10:32 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Couriers to Italy for quite a few kg are as low as £16.25. I use Interparcel.

Each £250 worth of insurance is about £5.

So it would have cost £31.25 insured up to £750.

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2009 11:16 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian. The sender cannot make a claim until the parcel has been "missing" for 20 working days from date of posting for Europe and 25 days for the rest of the world (Royal Mail Terms and Conditions for International post).
He may have gotten a claim form from the post office but they will not "action it" until the time period required has expired (and then it could take up to 15 weeks to pay out the claim).
Don't let up on the chase too soon, my friend.

PS P returns your "hug".

[ November 17, 2009, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2009 11:56 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian
I think there are some good points brought up here, especially the weight issue as I have had some larger orders sent from Phil and they had to go the slower method and it took close to 3 months to get it, but that was not Phil's fault. As for the communication, I have come to accept that certain sellers get overwhelmed with emails..Phil is one of them (along with Steve and Reel Image, and Alex at A-1 video) I rarely get an email back from Steve, he usually just sends a package, and Alex sometimes it takes a number of emails to get a response, and Phil is somewhere in between, but I have always had honest transactions with him...

That being said I would say in future make orders and have them sent locally to a British friend and then have them send it out after both of you can find the best and safest price...I have done that in the past with ebay projector purchases where the seller wants to charge 2x, and some 3x the actual shipping charges to send it to the states....Either way I hope you get your package and I just want to see those that do buy new films continue to support the folks that are supplying them...

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2009 12:38 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The sender cannot make a claim until the parcel has been "missing" for 25 working days from date of posting
Keith, that's what Mr. Phil wrote me today. If it is true or not I cannot say. But thanks for telling me (once more, if it is the way you Keith say, I don't understand the reason why Mr. Phil sent me such a mail and information).

quote:
Couriers to Italy for quite a few kg are as low as £16.25. I use Interparcel.
Each £250 worth of insurance is about £5.
So it would have cost £31.25 insured up to £750.

Bart, shipping cost I paid was 38.

quote:
Either way I hope you get your package and I just want to see those that do buy new films continue to support the folks that are supplying them...

Dino, a good reason folks still supply items for our collections is BECAUSE we spend money for them. Money=Business. A line or two to answer a mail in a proper way don't cost so much, in my opinion. Sorry having once more to state my disappointment [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] I simply like to be treated the same way I treat people. And when it was time to pay I never complained and nobody I have bought movies from (forum members or dealers in general) cannot complain about me. So sad... In such a day like this, my happy way to cultivate the passion for 8 mm totally disappears.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2009 01:09 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, Ask Phil how he shipped the parcel - Airmail or Surface Mail. Surface Mail is obviously the cheapest, but it can take up to 12 weeks for delivery.
I know how frustrated you must feel, but try not to get too upset - just remember your advice to me, earlier this year,
"It's not life threatening and it will get better".
All the best from both of us.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 17, 2009 01:20 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a very good point, Gian.

It is not a "hobby" to keep alive on the cheap, and while I'm sure that Phil shipped for 30 pounds to keep costs down for the buyer, still, I would make sure the package, costing you 700 pounds, would get to you ASAP. That 700 pounds doesn't even include the cost of re-recording in Italian, eh?

I'm sure that you'll get your money back, as that would be a major black eye for CHC, (and the word would be out with the very group that are customers with CHC), so you WILL either get your money or movie. Phil is an honest man.

I wish I could buy more prints brand new as well, my last being the first 30 minutes of SITH and that was a 140.00 dollar purchase, (with no new money coming into the house for over a year!), so, investing in prints in the first place is a hard thing.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2009 02:28 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian yes a very good point, but if you usually email try phoning as I think the point I was trying to make is that some of the folks in the hobby are just shy of the computer stuff, unlike me who rarely answers my phone.. [Eek!]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 17, 2009 03:21 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can fully understand how Gian feels about this, and it seems to me that CHC could be doing a whole lot more to help him out. One thing they should do is to air mail another copy of the film to him immediatley, with instructions to mail the original order back to CHC if and when it turns up. Thats the least you can do if you want to keep your regular and trusted customers happy. Just leaving Gian in the lurch like this is unforgiveable.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 17, 2009 03:32 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good thought Paul, except for one thing ...

I believe that these prints are manufactured back to back, and spilt into the two print that they are. I'm not sure if Paul does this but, in order to put an order in for, lets say, "Titanic", with such a high price item, there has to be two orders for the item, as just holding onto an available print is a lot of overhead for Phil especially.

Therefore, there is a good chance that there is not an additional copy of whatever Gian ordered.

If Phil wishes to send another copy of the title, (and Gian send back the other one, if it was to arrive), then there would be the film lab time to begin with, which can be anywhere from a few weeks to months.
(Sith was announced by Phil in e-mail as an upcoming title, a full year before it actually was printed in reality!)

These prints do not get shipped overnight, even when done at the lab, though I do know that they do the absolute best that they can.

The only way to do right by the customers in a quick realistic fashion, is to simply get the customers money back to them. Any other option is looking at months of wait time, and few people have that much patience.

By the way, good to hear from you Paul. It's been a little while I think.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2009 06:16 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all your posts, guys, I have red all of them very carefully.

Thanks to you Keith, for your good words. Thanks also to you Osi (the main item included in the parcel was a copy in stock, so actually there are no extra prints available. The first one had already been sold in August while the second one was offered to me................................................That's what I was told, of course. But I can't be sure!).
Thanks Paul and Dino. All you have stated is very interesting and at least helps to have a wide vision about how things work. Or, at least, should work.

I apologize if I was a little rude in expressing my feelings.
Anyway, I am actually sick of writing mails, asking for information and all the rest.
Let's wait and we'll see what it happens.
I couldn't stand any longer the same nightmare I had while waiting for TITANIC. The REAL reason why I feel very frustrated is because all of this has been starting in AUGUST (note: today is November 17th).

Thanks a lot to all of you. Once more I feel like in a family. And everyone is doing his best to make me feel better. That's how a forum community should be. That's how our forum community is. And this is more important than my 'ghost' parcel. [Wink]
Grazie.

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2009 07:41 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep....we are the "eight is enough" family [Big Grin]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 01:20 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved that series, Dino [Big Grin] !

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 08:35 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't like "Eight is Enough" Poo!

Now, "WKRP in Cincinatti" and ironically, "Life and Times of Grizzly Adams", now there were some shows!

I should hope that even as you read this Gian, there's a knock at the door, and a smiling fellow had a rather large package full on delicious cine!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 08:45 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not yet, unfortunately, Osi... [Frown]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 04:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Gian, just curious, could you e-mail me as to what the title of the film is that you are expecting? (if you don't feel comfortable stating so on the forum)?

I'm just curious as to what is worth 700 pounds?

(I bet that OUATITW was a pretty penny ... and it certianly appears to be worth it on the big screen!)

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 05:01 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi. Will send you a mail.
Ciao.

GIAN

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2009 10:41 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Day 23.

No news. [Frown]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2009 08:00 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Day 24.
No news.
[Frown]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 20, 2009 08:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
day 25

" GIMMIE MY MONEY BACK! "

Fingers crossed nfor mi amigo Gian!

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 20, 2009 09:32 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ig Gian charged the film on a credit card, could he not get the credit card company to credit his account for the full amount? I think all credit cards provide that kind of consumer protection.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2009 10:33 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul.
Thanks once more for your kind support.
The payment was 'unfortunately' arranged via International Banking Transfer.
Already talked to my bank. Nothing is possible. The following one is the last message Mr. Phil has sent to me:

quote:
I have sent a claim for to the Post Office. When they reply I will email you. Have you asked your local postoffice? ps chc
I'll find soon 'a way', anyway.
Ciao.

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2009 11:56 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, your photo has disappeared!! [Eek!]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2009 03:27 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, Paul... I noticed it right now. Well, in replacing it, maybe there could be the occasion to 'post' mine to. I asked Brad so many times to do it [Roll Eyes] ...

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2009 08:38 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Day 25.
No news.
[Frown]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC