8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » eBay Oddities (Please post all funny eBay links here!) (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  40  41  42 

Author Topic: eBay Oddities (Please post all funny eBay links here!)
Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 08, 2006 08:08 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg,

Selling 16mm and offering commentary at the same time!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2006 02:31 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
strange presentation:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Kodak-Ektagraphic-120-P-Movie-Projektor_W0QQitemZ170058794796QQihZ007QQcategoryZ14349QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
[Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 07, 2006 06:32 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antoine, that same guy was selling some super 8 films some months ago and he was already using his girlfriend in the pictures...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Peter Richards
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2006 04:50 PM      Profile for Peter Richards   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strange presentation indeed Tony,not sure exactly what was for sale,the projector or his girlfriend but either way - NO Takers - LOL

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2007 01:40 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two Tars Laurel & Hardy in 3 reels??? Strange!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140077505102&ru=http://dvd.search.ebay.com:80/140077505102_Other-Formats_W0QQa15961Z20677QQalistZa15961QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcomp areQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQcurcatZtrueQQfcclZ1QQfclZ3QQfgtpZQQfposZ13012QQfromZR2QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQgcsZ1070QQlopgZQQpfidZ1238QQreqtypeZ2QQsacatZ 41676QQsadisZ200QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbsQQsotrZ2QQfviZ1

--------------------
Tony

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2007 12:39 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you thought Harry was just a magician

Regarding the extra-length TWO TARS, I asked a similar question about a year ago. Nobody seemed to have a valid reason why. My guess is that Blackhawk had an extra long prologue section for this one. I have only seen the restored version that Bhawk did in 1975 with the original titles -- that version had no prologue.

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2007 04:00 PM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think this guy's account has been hacked? [Eek!]

Multi Million Dollar Auction

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2007 03:08 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are completely crazy people!

-

--------------------
Tony

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2007 11:28 AM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have got to be kidding me!

L&H Midnight Patrol

I have sold for much less near-mint L&H Super 8 sound features! You can get this in 16mm for about the same price and most likely less.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2007 03:09 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
on ebay at the moment there are some "Non rewind" reels. How do these work. I think i can imagine that the film wraps around that adaptor and the film must enter a slot/hole and go into the reel and form around the inside outer edge going towards the center. Am i right.

Because of the way they work do films have a tendenacy to scratch or rub.

the link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NON-REWIND-REEL-SUPER-SINGLE-8-120M-400FT_W0QQitemZ290086889222QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1476QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 26, 2007 04:18 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grahame...This item is even better!

Thanks for the email. Sorry you missed the film also my friend. I was going to get it for you as a present and record in Stereo.
Boo Hoo!

I hope she comes free!
Item 170058794796
Heee.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2007 04:32 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

I bought a couple of these off Ebay a few weeks ago, I couldn't resist it because like you I was intrigued to know how they worked.

They are an incredibly clever design, I took them to work and showed a colleague who whilst not interested in cine, appreciates a good gadget, and that's exactly what they are.

Basically, you wind the film onto the non-rewind spool just as though it were a normal auto spool; it has a little clip which you must have in the "up" position whilst it is loading and this is then pushed into the "down" position prior to showing the film. To show the film the projector has to be first fitted with the special adaptor which clips on to the feed spool arm, the loaded non-rewind spool is then loaded on to the adaptor, having first had the special clip pushed down, the white spool cover attached and the spool itself pulled apart (the two halves seperate from each other by about 5mm). You then turn the spool a couple of revolutions in the wrong direction and if you're lucky the end of the film will push out from the core end of the spool, this is as a result of having pushed the "clip" down which frees up some space, and pulling the spool apart which allows the film to rotate on the core.

The end of the film is then pulled over the rotating part of the adaptor and fed into the film path as normal. In order for the film to finish the show in a non-rewind status it is necessary to have loaded the take up arm with another special non-rewind spool.

The possibility of the film getting scratched is really quite frightening; I tried mine on an old film that I wasn't too worried about. All in all it really is a gimmick and it's not hard to see why sales of this device didn't take off, in truth it is far less of a problem to rewind the film than it is to fiddle about with the clips and spools seperators and attatch and then remove the special adaptor.

As a gimmick and a potential film scratcher it scores 10 out of 10, as a labour saving device I think it scores about - 5! [Wink]

Worth picking up though if they go cheaply - just so that you have a bit of cine history in your cupboard. [Big Grin]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2007 07:12 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like i was wrong in how it works.

My wild imagination [Roll Eyes]

Interesting, but i think its still easier rewinding in the conventional manner

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2007 10:17 AM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This guy is trying to sell a batch of 34 films (reels?). However he's set the auction up as if he were selling 34 identical items; so whatever you bid is multiplied by 34.

I've sent him a polite message trying to point this out to him, but only received sarcasm in reply; so beware of bidding with the terminally stupid.

Dumb Listing

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2007 12:23 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The staring price is bad enough, The postage is taking the P***

Another hopeful

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2007 12:37 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! I've got a box of about 150 of those - I had no idea they were so valuable; I could trade them in for a feature film!!

Mike [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 14, 2007 04:09 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This item didn’t fetch much although it was a favourite of mine causing much fun here.

Probably worn sprocket holes kept the price low?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 14, 2007 10:12 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a look.
One vowel too many.

Doug

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 17, 2007 06:36 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This item must be a bargain. And pink as well!

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2007 02:52 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how much one can get for the rubber bands kodak used on films [Razz]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2007 06:22 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of you may find it funny: At the bottom of the following page of a german Eumig listing the seller gets the usual offer about shoes, bags etc by a chinese company. Unfamiliar as he/she seems to be with the language, the seller answers that he/she doesn't understand but could gladly send to U.K., and that the postage would be 30euros.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Eumig-S-807-Super8-Normal8-Projektor_W0QQit emZ180105199944QQcategoryZ8271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just to avoid misunderstanding, i'd like to emphasize that i am not underestimating the german seller. On the contrary i am impressed by his/her kindness.

[ April 11, 2007, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Tassos Laudas ]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 22, 2007 08:56 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kiddie movie? Yikes!

Doug

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 06, 2007 07:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody is bidding almost 10 Million Dollars to buy "The General Lee" from "The Dukes of Hazzard"

Ebay (Motors) Item number:

The funny part is the auction states "Get low monthly payments".

-How low could they be? $100,000?

There's something fishy here. I can't imagine James Bond's Astin Martin getting that kind of cash and that would be ten times the icon this one is!

Update: There is now an item on the auction that bidders came in and bid the price through the roof just for fun. (Some people really need a hobby...)

[ May 07, 2007, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 04, 2007 12:19 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Black Cat

Lugosi, Karloff and Max Schreck?

Doug

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 04, 2007 07:45 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-8-mm-Sound-Film-Barbarella-with-Jane-Fonda_W0QQitemZ230149269347QQihZ013QQcategoryZ63821QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"I think there are some steaks in one reel."

Dinner and a movie!

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  40  41  42 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC