8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Projectors in movies (as opposed to the other way around) (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  21  22  23 

Author Topic: Projectors in movies (as opposed to the other way around)
Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 06, 2012 01:53 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Have we mentioned "Mr Bean's Holiday", in the cinema at Cannes.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2012 03:56 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't think so, but I think you're right - there are multiple shots of the Cannes projection booth (or a stand-in for it). Can you grab us some screen shots?

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 06, 2012 07:56 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are some screen shots of the projection room in the "Mr Bean" topic. [Smile]

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2012 05:47 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a episode of Columbo from 1974 titled: An Exercise In Fatality.

-

As an alibi the murderer arranged a film show of a "X-rated horror movie, uncut" in his home.

-

The funny thing is that he started the screening with the film in the position you can see in the picture, some 20 minutes in. I would have complained if I had been there, but everybody seemed quite happy with this.

-

What brand of projector is this?
I don't recognise it.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2012 07:58 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a GRAFLEX.

Bill [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 16, 2012 04:50 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Time for another one [Smile]
 -
From the movie "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"

Whats the projector?

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2012 08:34 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like a Bell & Howell 346 Auto Load.

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2012 08:09 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have seen two more Columbo episodes with projectors in them.

"Forgotten Lady"
 -

The murderer, Janet Leigh, are watching one of her old movies as a alibi for the murder of her husband, Sam Jaffe.
 -

-

Unfortunately the film breaks and Columbo, sharp as ever, notices that the film was 14 minutes longer than usual on the night of the murder.
 -

-

The second episode was "A Matter of Honor"
 -

At the very beginning the would-be murderer, Ricardo Montalban, a retired bull-fighter, is watching some old films of his exploits in the bull-ring.
 -

-

Looks like an old Ampro to me.

Will continue to watch these old episodes to see if there are more of them with projectors.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 25, 2012 09:35 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its an Ampro alright. That must be David Pannell sitting next to it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 25, 2012 09:54 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if "Dr Terror's House of Horrors" has been mentioned
but there was one in there when Jeremy Kemp was giving his
lecture on plants.Going by the limited views of it ,it looks like
the old standby, a Bell & Howell 636 16mm.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2012 11:53 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Opening this weekend,
Sinister.

-

I hope it doesn't make us afraid of our projectors.

Cheers
Terry

Matt Villagomez
Junior

- posted October 13, 2012 09:36 PM      Profile for Matt Villagomez   Email Matt Villagomez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw Sinister yestrerday. It was a really good movie. The projector and film was a very large part of the story. It was realy cool. I think I spent more time watching the projector than I did the actors.

--------------------
It's 1 o'clock and time for lunch

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2012 04:47 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another from the TV series Ellery Queen with Jim Hutton. This one had Walter Pidgeon in it. The title 'Disappering Dagger' it looks like a 16mm projector.

Another Ellery Queen: Don't Look Behind You, this starred Peter Lawford. The pre-credits are in cinema projection booth so 35mm.

These are on my PVR I'll try to do screen shots of them.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2012 10:25 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah your right the projector was cool that it kept coming back and would follow him in Sinister I love the movie . Another movie to increase the fandom!

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 08, 2012 05:34 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well there is no projector here, but it is taken in a cinema [Smile]

From "Son Of Rambow"..yes Rambow, not Rambo [Wink]

If you ever wondered how to pirate a movie, well this is how its done.
 -

Graham. [Smile]

Jeff Missinne
Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2012 12:21 AM      Profile for Jeff Missinne   Email Jeff Missinne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember the Woody Woodpecker TV show? Walter Lantz's office "set" included a Bell & Howell 399AV, which he would sometimes run, or would sometimes ask Woody to run it with about the results you might expect. Ha-ha-ha-HAAA-ha! [Big Grin]

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2013 06:59 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like you could see a lot of cameras, splicers, editors, projectors, blood and dead people in this film:
http://www.allaboutevilthemovie.com/photo5.html

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2013 12:24 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a recent episode of My Three Sons Robbie is shown films that he made in class can anybody recognize the projector he is using?
 -
 -

Also I just happen to set my dvr for Voyage To The Bottom of The Sea Saturday night and it turns out they were using a 16mm model just not sure which one?? An Ampro?
 -
 -

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 04, 2013 02:33 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice ones Jim....I'm going to guess Robbie's projector is a Kodak Instamatic M80. The other...yes maybe an Ampro...but could be a Revere or Keystone too.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2013 07:49 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice call janice on the my three sons after a little research i believe it is a kodak m80.

--------------------
jim schrader

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 07, 2013 12:25 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a projector in an episode of The Rockford Files S5E11 The projected image was fake...and the projector looks to me more like a prop than a real 16mm projector...however the reels did turn?

-

--------------------
Janice

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2013 09:52 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that to on the voyage the one scene shows the real image on the screen then on the other take the film it was much bigger taking up the whole screen.

--------------------
jim schrader

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2013 07:13 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
also noticed in the bottom VOYAGE scene the projector has it's mains cord removed, and in the top it is pluged in!

the projector in the ROCKFORD shot looks like a Kodascope to me.

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 10, 2013 10:06 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing gets by the eagle eyes of this forum [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2013 12:39 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone mentioned The Spiral Staircase? I watched a Super 8 print the other day and one scene takes place in an early movie house with a gentleman hand cranking one of those old flickers..

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  21  22  23 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC