Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Klare
    replied
    We made it a point to go out and check out the Super-Moon last night.

-Super-Cloudy!

(Can't win 'em all!)

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    I should check the Forum rules about "mooning"......

Leave a comment:

• Brian Fretwell
    replied
    A real "Super moon" there, Graham.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Tonight about 10 minutes ago out the back propped the camera against the wall to keep it steady
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1330831.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	83463

Name:	P1330827.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	83464

Name:	P1330828.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	83465

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Tonight up at the Harbor: (-took a walk on the dock, later got some ice-cream...)

Name:	Northport 7_3_23.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	83452

NOT MY BOAT!

(-didn't keep me from enjoying it in my own way!)

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Yesterday completed lifting the Westar onto a new frame I made for it, also modified a couple of donated tables to be more stable, same time added rewind arms, added a left over "Hotel for Dogs" poster from my Movieland days electrician wired new power sockets from the downstairs fuse box downstairs. Slowly getting there, hope to have the Westar going soon, cleaned the belts and pulleys, new projector oil for the intermittent, plus a full clean and lube on everything else, hand fed the two ducks that come and follow my car around every time I visit the place

Name:	P1330820.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	83093

Name:	P1330822.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	83094

Name:	P1330823.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	83095

Name:	P1330824.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	83096

Name:	P1330826.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	83097

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Had a look Steve, yes they certainly grow up quickly and at Connor's age they think they know it all. When I offered to take him to the game, I said right you can break into your piggy bank and pay for drinks this time round. Its important to me that they don't take things for granted and have to appreciate what others do for them. When he got in the car, I gave him a written check list, with a yes or no boxes to tick before heading of. Number one do you have your rugby boots, Two do you have your mouth guard, and lastly do you have money to buy poppa "me" a large coffee after the game return form to driver "me" before leaving .

They probably think I am nuts but its getting the point across, that as they get older they have to contribute more Conner was surprised as to how much things cost when he had to pay for it, my reply to him was, welcome to the real world.

I will pay the next one

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    He's growing up, Graham!

(They do that! Just look what's happened to mine in Frame 779 of this thread!)

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    We stopped at the mall on the way home today, Connor bought all of us drinks from Muffin Break , that was good of him, it was a tough game today .
    Click image for larger version  Name:	06-24-2023_141017(1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	82944

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Thanks folks might might be one day

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    -even better, Graham, if you land at JFK CineSea weekend, I think your transportation to Wildwood will be arranged!

(You'd need it: they are about 150 Miles apart!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4409.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	82636

Last edited by Steve Klare; June 16, 2023, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
    With direct flights now to NY and its only 14 hours away I am running some film tonight if anybody wants to come down to NZ
    When does the Ritchie Film Festival occur? There are a lot of film buffs here who just might drop in on you!

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    With direct flights now to NY and its only 14 hours away I am running some film tonight if anybody wants to come down to NZ
    Click image for larger version  Name:	354042267_684344547066000_2289443980814900114_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.8 KB ID:	82625

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Martian Skies on Long Island

This last week forest fires have been raging up in Canada: approximately 11 Million Acres have been involved. Smoky haze has spread for many hundreds of miles.

Wednesday around lunchtime, I looked out the lobby door where I work and saw a bunch of my friends out there looking up at the sky.

I joined them and saw this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5014[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	82414

It reminded me of other skies I have seen, especially in a certain Matt Damon movie. Just for reference, here is a shot also taken of our Sun by the Curiosity Rover on Mars during a dust storm:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Curiosity Martian Skies.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	82415

Back here on Earth, our air quality was borderline hazardous for a couple of days, people were back to masks again and the very sensitive smoke detectors in the facility where I work had to be disabled for a while. (They basically all went off at once!)

In the days since, the skies have returned to a nice, earthy Blue, and today was a great day to be outside!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5013[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	82416

Wednesday, June 7th, 2023
    Last edited by Steve Klare; June 11, 2023, 06:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
    But what about the screening room?
    The screening room is in the basement with seating for two.

Name:	51103716-311861969.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	82407
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X