Your Today in Pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	131.8 KB ID:	6564

While I'm off work right now I am living in the basement cleaning and watching films. I am having so much fun!This is one part of my basement set up where the editing bench and most of my silent films are kept. I have 2 projectors set up to preview stuff and watch the silent 200'ers.

Last edited by Douglas Meltzer; March 26, 2020, 05:09 PM.

Comment

My younger brother redecorated his room in an auto/garage theme. So, this week I gleaned some items from work and made this plaque/light for his room.

Comment

Don't look now but it's the hostess bus
        Attached Files

Comment

I’ve just spent the evening giving this a thorough clean. Looking good as new.
          Last edited by Stuart Hilliker; March 30, 2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Good viewer Stuart.

After we watched the 35mm print a few nights ago, I spent a bit of time yesterday braking down the feature from the platter, back into its single reels to be boxed away for the time being. The film was "The Edge Of Darkness" starring Mel Gibson. I always thought from my cinema days, that this film was very good. However if you get the chance to watch the original 1985 TV series of the same name available on DVD starring Bob Peck and Joe Don Baker its well worth watching.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1120076.JPG Views:	0 Size:	151.3 KB ID:	6899Click image for larger version  Name:	P1120081.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	6900
            Last edited by Graham Ritchie; April 01, 2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

The wife's been cleaning again bless here and I had to launch an enquiry who popped this 35mm reel on one of my 17.5 projectors?

Click image for larger version  Name:	LMHT1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	6923

Sifting through lantern slides Click image for larger version

Name:	LMtg.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	6924

Comment

This morning I searched out the BBC two disc DVD of "Edge Of Darkness" that I bought second hand a few years back. Last year I took the the time to watch it over a few nights. Although I am not a TV fan.. "always like to be doing something else"...this TV series was one I watched back in the 1980s. "Edge Of Darkness" was the winner of 6 Baftas in 1986. What always got me was the final gripping scenes, by american actor Joe Don Baker...its riveting stuff that one never forgets. here are a couple of photo's I took this morning of the DVD cover. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120089.JPG
Views:	527
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	6959
                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120088.JPG
Views:	530
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	6960

Comment

Loaded the platter yesterday with this weekend screening of "The Karate Kid 2010" the film was a bit of a flop when we ran it at the cinema, but I have never as yet watched it, so will give it a go. I told Yvonne I will put on a mystery film for her over the weekend, so will see what she makes of it. The Ernemann 2 projector has been running really well and its certainly getting lots of use at the moment

Name:	P1120083.JPG
Views:	497
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	7044

Name:	P1120084.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	7045

It seem that its quite a long film with a running time of just over 2 hours.

Name:	P1120091.JPG
Views:	500
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	7047

Attached Files

Comment

Name:	AA790587-2D69-4ACC-93C3-16431B9953C9.png
Views:	408
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	7062

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	AE6D637C-219A-4292-979B-9BE2235ECE7E.jpeg
Views:	472
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	7113

Comment

• Just a ride up to the State Park for a little fresh air!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2243_April_5th_Beach.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.3 KB ID:	7126

(Beach side...)

Click image for larger version  Name:	April 5the_thumbnail_IMG_2245_Launch.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	7128

(Meadow Side...)

It's true: There really is no place like home, but then again: Everything in Moderation!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	12B75F2D-F414-413B-80D0-852A2322FBDD.jpeg
Views:	465
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	7259

Comment

• Well, I've heard of Toilet Duck cleaner, but never Washroom Seagull......

Comment

• Nothing can beat the great outdoors Steve

A couple of photos taken yesterday, I spent part of the day listing to old records which I always enjoy plus going out for walks and making up the Academy Award film "Slumdog Millionaire". In the evening Yvonne and myself watched the 35mm feature of "WALL-E" one of my favorite films which looked and sounded just great.

Name:	P1120344.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	7341

Those sound quality from old records like this one leaves CD miles behind

Name:	P1120346.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	7342

Splicing up the seven reels of "Slumdog Millionaire"

Name:	P1120355.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	7343

Onto reels for a future screening...

Name:	P1120354.JPG
Views:	396
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	7344

Outside last night...one very quiet street. Yvonne "Panasonic Lumix" camera takes good photos under most conditions..

Name:	P1120356.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	7345

Name:	P1120357.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	7346

Comment

• There's actually still a lot to be done to get out of the house. I'm getting out on my road bike for a couple of miles a couple of times a week. What's funny is people seem to have this idea that you need an excuse to be outside: everybody I meet has a kid in a stroller, a dog or a bike! (My kid is in high school and we have cats: a bike it is!)

I take this to be your Autumn, Graham. (I think "Fall" is actually an Americanism...)

Here of course, it's Springtime. One way I know it i took the lawn mower out of the shed, put a little gas in the tank and gave the cord a couple of sharp pulls.

-started on the third try! This is down from about 50 last year!

(Maybe there is some hope for this year after all!)

Comment

Working...
                                X