No announcement yet.

Your Today in Pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to filming Lancashire Coast 2021 and although hobbling around due to the injury's we did get some nice Super 8 filming opportunities in Southport.
    F stops at one point were not far off f22 so had to break out the ND filter. OH HECK!

Click image for larger version

Name:	splee.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	14511

Comment

• Clinging to the tripod as Morecambe sea swiftly comes in for high tide. Day 3 of Super 8 filming and what good weather we have been blessed with but changes somewhat until weekend where we hope to complete the final scenes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LM2020 morecambee.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	14576

Comment

• Comment

• The sign said "No Smoking"!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shelton Fireworks Number1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	15162
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Shelton Fireworks Number Tzvei.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	15163

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shelton Fireworks Numero tress.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.5 KB ID:	15164

I don't smoke...

-but just being there made me resolve to quit!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_3801.jpg Views:	2 Size:	161.3 KB ID:	15171 steam!

Comment

• What kind of DR is DR PEPPER?

A FIZZician 🤪

(Please don't shoot me, Doug)

Comment

• Chip,

Not this time (maybe). To add some educational value, Dr Pepper is the oldest soft drink brand in the US, first arriving on the scene back in 1885.

Comment

• The Next Morning:
                  b
                  "-oh Mannnn!"

Click image for larger version  Name:	The Hangover August 24th.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.7 KB ID:	15628

It's like a hangover!

I'd better deal with my casualties here: there's another wave coming tonight!

(Looks like my wife's plan to take back the dining room table wasn't completely successful!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
                    Chip,

Not this time (maybe). To add some educational value, Dr Pepper is the oldest soft drink brand in the US, first arriving on the scene back in 1885.
                    OK Doug now I'll try to do better

when Tom Carvel the founder of the ice cream company passed away they wanted to make sure that they had a very quick funeral because it would've been a real problem if the casket melted

taa boom tish

Comment

• Comment

• Back Where We Started!

Back maybe five years ago when Mr. Mannering started the original "Your Day in Pictures", it just so happened I'd just been on a very slight hike with my 13 year old. We stumbled upon some vegetation that looked a lot like Cactus! I thought "There's no way Cactus can grow so far East and North!" -a little research showed I was wrong!

-it's downright astounding to see that Nature, in all its Majesty, is a lot bigger than our preconceptions!

I was there by myself today (He's 18 years old now, and gone to college!). I thought it might be nice to get much sharper pictures than the fuzzy little cellphone pics I had the last time I added these to this thread.
                        b
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	LI Cactus Aug 28 Number 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	158.7 KB ID:	15923

Click image for larger version  Name:	LI Cactus Aug 28 Number 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.2 KB ID:	15921

b
                        It's almost September: the Equinox is on the way and Winter not very far behind. Next Spring, when the snow melts, these will still be there and going about their business as usual, maybe for thousands of years!
                        Last edited by Steve Klare; August 28, 2020, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Farewell to the Summer that Never Was

So it's Labor Day Weekend here in these United States. This is traditionally the symbolic end of Summer.

Years ago I would have started school this week. In other years, we might have gone camping this weekend, maybe planned on one more trip in September before it gets too cold. This year our son has been going to school three weeks already because of the accelerated semester. The camper is still winterized from last Fall. (-the plans we had!)

-it's like Summer never really happened!

Well, in order to get a little taste of Summer, we went up to Northport Harbor and spent a little time enjoying the sun and the boats (I like enjoying 'em this way: let other people pay for them!)
                          b
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Northport Harbor September 7th 2020 Nummer Tsvei.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	16433

Click image for larger version  Name:	Northport Harbor September 7th 2020 Number 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	16434

Last edited by Steve Klare; September 07, 2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• A wine shop in Brussels, used some familiar items for its windows...

Name:	IMG_20200908_111325.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	16649

Name:	IMG_20200908_111257.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	16650 🥳

Comment

Working...