8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2009 07:04 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday Night March 6th

ANASTASIA

Animated feature by Don Bluth

DVD Projection

YAY! I'm the 300th post in this category [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2009 10:35 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
some films

[ June 01, 2016, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Bill Phelps ]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 09, 2009 02:27 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday night, shorts and trailers:
- The Incredibles teaser
- Brother Bear trailer
- Knick-Knack
- Finding Nemo

[ November 06, 2010, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2009 03:31 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc
what 35-projector are you using, any pics in an earlier thread?
[Roll Eyes]
Cheers
Lars

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 09, 2009 04:04 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a K i noton FP 23 with a 400w halogen lamp. Its greeninsh base is mounted on wheels with wooden tracks embedded into the top of the cabinet. The projector can then be pushed sideways to make way for either super 8 or 16 machines. I'll post more pictures later this year as there's still a lot to do (mostly cosmetic work to the theatre part, masking, etc.)

[ November 06, 2010, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 09, 2009 04:06 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Super8 from Fantasia "Nutcracker Suite" good short to relax to, then onto the biggie
On the video projector "The Ghost and the Darkness" Michael Douglas and Val Kilmer, good scope picture and excellent 5:1 sound. I have watched this film a number of times over the years and it still makes me jump great score by Jerry Goldsmith.

Graham. [Smile]

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2009 05:06 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc
now you have me fittingly GREEN WITH ENVY [Big Grin]

Am I right to assume that this is the kind of projector that would normally be stationary with a big lamphouse in a cinema, and you´re using just the projector head, or is this a transportable model for viewing dailies on location film productions? Is it because many cinemas are closing down that it was possible to find this?
Completely different question: I have a 16mm Eclair camera in need of service and the foremost technician seems to be in Ivry Sur Seine, would you be willing to help me a little as "liason" should it be needed, since this man doesn´t seem to have an e-mail adress (most likely a 60 -70 year old [Smile] )? I´m going to write him a letter for starters. [Wink]

Cheers
Lars

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2009 11:34 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday Night March 9

Return of the Jedi

Super 8 cinemascope

The Saga has now been screened [Big Grin]

We started January 5th, had atleast 3 weeks that were cancelled due to weather or personal conflicts.

But WOW let me say what fun it has been to watch all 7 films (The Clonewars included) in a row. I encourage anybody who has the capabilities to give this a try, regardless if you have to use different kinds of sized screens....JUST DO IT.

I believe this has truly been one of the most fun screenings I've ever done in the years that I've been collecting films - both with super 8 and / or DVD formats.

In review:

THE PHANTOM MENACE *

ATTACK OF THE CLONES *

THE CLONE WARS *

REVENGE OF THE SITH *

A NEW HOPE +

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK +

RETURN OF THE JEDI +

* DVD

+ SUPER 8 CINEMASCOPE

~ CG ~

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 10, 2009 02:23 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And if I may, I advise to add the 2005 Clone Wars series by Gendy Tartakowsky between the CGI Clone Wars and SWIII, as the final scenes are the key build-up elements to the opening of Revenge of the Sith. You understand how Palpatine ends up kidnapped on board Grievous's ship, The Invisible Hand.

Yesterday night screening:
The BFCC 3D show (on DVD)

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2009 05:17 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday 7th it was serial night featuring CAPTAIN CELLULOID VS THE FILM PIRATES, all four episodes,with accompanying music on cassette,supported by Al St John in the hilarious CURSES (under its home movie title The Last Serial),Steve Reeves in the first episode of KIMBAR OF THE JUNGLE, a television serial that never got to chapter two !! and Mighty Mouse in that wonderful operetta-melodrama-serial parody FIGHT TO THE FINISH. first two in std 8,the others in super.
Monday, I showed Douglas Fairbanks' THE THREE MUSKETEERS ,supported by Fatty,Mabel and Al in HE DID AND HE DIDN'T. Both std 8.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2009 05:36 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday the 15th was a bad movie double-bill: THE SHADOW STRIKES (1937),with Rod La Rocque and BUFFALO BILL IN TOMAHAWK TERRITORY (1952) with Clayton Moore.

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2009 06:29 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Comedy shorts! All in super 8mm...

Them Thar Hills
Tit for Tat
"The Freezer" episode of "I Love Lucy"
Tom & Jerry: "Milky Waif," "Tennis Chumps," "His Mouse Friday," all Walton in varying shades of color; "The Cat's Mee-ouch," MGM print with good color but soft focus

Finally a 400' student film from Alabama. My friend who was here for the show brought the reel. He used to instruct aspiring filmmakers back in the 70s and this was the work of a group of high school students. Color held up fine but all the editing was done with tape splices and prayed that they'd hold on. I'm going to transfer it to DVD.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 16, 2009 06:44 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None!

We are tearing the house apart for renovations and unless I can get something going in the basement with a tripod screen I am out of business for the duration! [Frown]

My main screen has the dining room table shoved under it and I can't even pull it all the way down!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2009 09:57 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday March 12

MALIBU BEACH (Crown International Pictures)
DVD Projection
Volume 3 BCI Drive In Cult Classic Collection

Monday Night March 16

We ended our Monday Night Sci Fi screenings with what else than:

S P A C E B A L L S

DVD PROJECTION

May the almighty force/schwartz be with you ALWAYS [Big Grin]

Now my holiday break is upon me, no more screenings at home until after May 7th. I hope the withdrawl will be at a minimum!!!

~ CG ~

Phillip Black
Junior

- posted March 17, 2009 01:51 PM      Profile for Phillip Black   Email Phillip Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All 16mm b&w
The Big Combo(Cornel Wilde)
Ghost Chasers(Bowery Boys)
Payday(Chaplin)
Plus trailers for Cats Paw and Feet First-Harold Lloyd

--------------------
Phillip Black

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 18, 2009 04:38 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday night: Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008 version DVD projection)
Saturday night: The Orange Side (Darth Vader commercial), Nightmare Before Xmas trailer, Monsters Inc. trailer, Wallace & Gromitt trailer and (yes, again) The Madagascar Peguins

[ November 06, 2010, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 09:56 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday night we watched a 400ft The Lady Vanishes(1979)with really lovely colours and scope followed by a 16mm LPP print of Blame it on Rio(1984)....Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 06:15 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday 18th March.

TIME FOR:

- THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER (Disney). Nice movie!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 21, 2009 05:21 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THE BLACK ROOM (1935) - Karloff.

Excellent Kodak Original print - 16mm

I do love those 30's horror movies. So atmospheric.

-Mike

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2009 10:07 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Mike,"The Black Room" I love that movie. They only released a cut down of it on Standard 8 I believe as I have never seen it on Super 8. I shall keep looking for a 16mm of this for my collection as, like yourself, I love those vintage horrors. Last night we had yet another ebay find, "The Ghost Train" with Arthur Askey and Richard Murdoch. One or two scratches on this excellent 4X400ft release from Powell Films. Believe it or not, I had never seen this classic movie before. It was great fun and made for a very entertaining evening.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2009 10:08 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great show last night..

MIGHTY JOE YOUNG-1949 & SON OF KONG

2 x Mountain super 8mm features

And then..

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE BLU RAY on my Hitachi LCD projector.

The quality of this HD disc knocked my socks off,it even looked better than the 35mm cinema print!!!

Cheers MW

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2009 06:40 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul
THE BLACK ROOM was released full length in std 8, many moons ago (officially or not, I don't know).

Tonight's show was a rich one.600 ft of MGM musical trailers,Tex Avery's VENTRILOQUIST CAT,Tom and Jerry in SALT WATER TABBY,Al St John and Cliff Bowes in THE PAPERHANGERS,Ida Lupino in the suspenseful tv episode NO WAY OUT,Bimbo (and Betty) in BIMBO'S INITIATION,Jimmy Finlayson starring in IN THE GREASE and the feature THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR TOAD.All in super 8.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2009 09:09 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information Panayotis. I am always saddened when films that were available on standard 8 never appeared on super 8. Two Walton Films I would have liked to get my hands on, "Dark Waters" and "Sundown" were never released as features on super 8.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2009 05:36 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for thanking me [Embarrassed] . Now you may thank me again [Wink] . Both features were released by Mountain as 4x400 in both std and super [Smile] .

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2009 11:03 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday 23rd March 2009

It was time for:

- Our Gang follies of 1938 (lovable!);
- Fantasia (reel n. 2);
- Pocahontas trailer;
- Midnight Express (Columbia Digest);
- Mickey Mouse - The first 50 years (Collector's Edition).

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC