8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 158)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  155  156  157  158  159  160  161  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2013 04:08 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not by any chance the first power station built in the UK?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2013 08:34 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, apparently the UK had nuclear powerplants in operation already as early as 1910. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2014 06:43 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing those images from 'TMMITFM' brought back memories of seeing it at the old ABC cinema (long gone) in Sheffield and I feel sure it was in 70mm the screen was massive. Classic are to release a Pathe reel with the opening of the cinema.

Terry Thomas at his despicable best, a great cast and all the character actors too.

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 02, 2014 03:35 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After 3 weeks or so with the flu, finally got around to watch a little again.

101 Dalmatians: Dapper Dalmatian, 200'
 -

101 Dalmatians: The Escape, 200'
 -

Cinderella's Surprise Dress, 200'
 -

An Evening with the Lady and the Tramp, 200'
 -

The Circus Story, 400'
 -

Emperor of the North, 400'
 -

True Grit, 3x400' polyester on an 800'
 -

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2014 01:22 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah finally breaking in the new screen..Tonight I watched a couple of shorts to test it out... First up was an 8mm Mickey Maguire comedy on my Eumig entitled Mickey's Movies (1928, 2 x 200ft, Regent Pictures) which due to age is experiencing the rust spots of sloppy processing...Then I busted out the 9.5mm Specto and settled on using about 7 of my new 8 foot screen to keep a decent luminance for Freddy Goes Greek (aka Greek meets Greek, 1920 1 x 200ft, Pathescope)a comedy starring Eddie Boland.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 08, 2014 03:16 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Big Business 1929
Got a full print at long last. Having watched this on a big screen at Bristol Silents with Paul Merton it is a L&H gem and I like the bit where Stan calls Babe to Oliver. Another for the Christmas pile....
 -

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 10, 2014 09:29 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three films:

Aral Gasoline Ad. by Hans Fischerkoesen (Steve Osborne)
Laughing Gravy (Blackhawk)
Bach's Cantata and Fugue from Fantasia (Derann)

I haven't shown a lot this last week. If there was any dust on my speakers this last one certainly cleaned it off!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2014 04:35 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched my new Star Wars 35mm IB Tech. print.
I made some screenshots, but it is not worth to post them here, because you don´t see a color difference to the Super 8 print on the screenshots.
But belive me, this is the best way to watch Star Wars.
I saw it in 1978 in 70mm, I had an 16mm original print on fuji stock, I had the Derann feature and also the marketing version on low fade stock but no one was nice like this in IB Tech.
I posted few clips on youtube but they was immediately blocked.
I uploaded them on my website, if you are interested, you can download them here:
http://www.filmantiques.com/2014_01.mp4
http://www.filmantiques.com/2014_02.mp4
http://www.filmantiques.com/2014_03.mp4
http://www.filmantiques.com/2014_04.mp4

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2014 09:09 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two nights ago I played the Derann release of The Time Machine. At the beginning I spliced a day set, raiders trailer, jaws trailer, dr. No trailer, ET teaser, Die Hard 3 teaser, and the short cartoon Peace on Earth.

Some folks might recognize these trailers from my for sale list. I ended up finding a use for them:)

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 16, 2014 02:13 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw two of my new aquirements, Dracula, 400' sound
 -

-

Prophecy, 3x400' on polyester, so mounted on an 800'
 -

-

-

-

-

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 17, 2014 12:49 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Dracula print just looks fantastic, Vidar! I have the restored DVD version of the film and quite frankly, it's not much better.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2014 12:55 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar i just got the 400' digest of Prophecy didnt know was available in any other form. Love that movie have done since being a kid [Smile]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2014 01:30 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar that Prophecy print looks widescreen is it scope or matted?

Tonight I pulled all the gadgets out since my setup time is now shorter with the pulldown screen.I used the Racine Extend-a-reel along with Roy Neil's Film-o-Clean through my Eumig 824. I ran a standard 8 print of The Great White Trail (1917, 1 x 1200ft Thunderbird) starring Doris Kenyon who is most known for Tourneur's Girl's Folly, but she quietly had a long career. The film is an old Wharton title that was cleverly shot in Ithaca, NY over fall and winter seasons to simulate both the city in summer time and a deep Alaska wilderness.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2014 03:08 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched Supergirl full feature in Scope think it came out ok need a bigger screen though as part was on the wall still.Scope issues seem to be almost sorted few more little tweaks.

-
 -
 -
 -

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 19, 2014 04:06 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar nice to see Bela getting a screening
Will good to see your progress with Scope

Been really looking forward to watching 'Dead of Night' again so sqeezed it in over the weekend. As Old Mother Riley said at the end of Mother Riley Meets the Vampire 'This is the end'

-

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 19, 2014 04:53 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prophecy was matted ... I say widescreen when they're matted and scope when it's ... well, scope :-)

I still think it's easier to watch in widescreen, as he says, some of it is on the wall :-) It means I need to move my projector a meter or two and it's just more work (GS-1200 weighs about 24kg I believe)

Nice to see some more screenshots, been a bit slow lately (me too, still a bit sick)

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 22, 2014 05:17 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a couple of freebies from Mr. Pucci

MASH, 400' and very red, but thanks to my new filters from the amazing Hugh Thompson Scott, it was okay. Can see the difference in the pictures
 -

-

-

And the next one was The Kid from Borneo, 400' ... Had a couple of nasty splices (that tape was awful), but it's fixable and it was quite fun and decent apart from those.
 -

-

-

Spanky was quite young here ... Did a good job, he did :-)

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 23, 2014 04:47 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Classic nostalgia evening as we dug out my original Eumig and one of my first Super 8 features from 1975 for a step back in 8mm film collecting. ‘Off the Dole’ 1935 and the great man himself. Still have the magazine with the first advert as Derann heralded this masterpiece
‘At long last we are proud to offer’
Ah golden days…..and the Eumig is still working!
This super 8 acetate film will soon be 40 years old and I must have run it a hundred times.
 -

-

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2014 01:51 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks a good b/w print Lee. I have 'No Limit' from Derann another very enjoyable film. I do like to watch George Formby films. The 4x400ft format was probably an improvement over the complete films.

Good entertainment.

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 23, 2014 02:02 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, the print looks pin sharp, Lee

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 24, 2014 08:14 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw Blitz on Britain yesterday, 4x400'
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2014 10:08 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

Watched a reel from Mountain Films, Super 8 Sound-King Kong.A perfectly crafted entertainment film. It amazes me still for many reasons.
Really digging all the screen shots here! been on the Dino Everette Fan Club for a few years now for showing these rare old films. The others too are beautiful to behold for their quality. What stands out for me are the li'l Rascals shots right now.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2014 12:43 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just love to watch 'King Kong' bought mine on pre-order from possibly Derann. It was a Mountain Films release in the UK.

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 25, 2014 04:37 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Including this little trip out to a REEL Cinema on this thread.
Went to Stockport Plaza Super Cinema for a double bill presentation of Alec Guiness films aka: Man in the white suit 1951 and Kind hearts and coronets 1949.

The programme opened with the Compton theatre organ and a bit of a singalong which was nice and nostalgic then into the two 35mm film feature both of which were very good prints. At the interval another Compton session then the final film and all stand for The Queen. Another memorable visit to the finest classic cinema in our country…

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 25, 2014 04:42 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the meeting in the norwegian film club yesterday, I got some nice titles. The three I've seen so far is :
Junior Bonner, 5x400' Polyester, which I paid a whopping 25 GBP for. A few pictures has filter as the opening looked a bit faded, but it wasn't really.

-

These have no filters
 -

-

Then I got for 4 GBP Tom & Jerry: Southbound Duckling in scope
 -

And finally, for the same amount as Junior Bonner, Casablanca
 -

-

-

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  155  156  157  158  159  160  161  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC