8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 160)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  157  158  159  160  161  162  163  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 24, 2014 02:51 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great still from Airplane and really good colours to, you lucky chap,the full feature

Just a short showing tonight but a rare and goody, The 400ft cut down of the brilliant Young Frankenstein, This is a German piccolo copy in its original plastic case and re-recorded into English with great patience by Mr John Clancy, and a superb recording it is to. An excellent b/w print with a pin sharp image. This is one of my favourite comedy's from Mel Brooks, if I could only afford the feature but as I do have it on DVD this makes for an excellent souvenir and is very well cut down and includes the scene with the brilliant Gene Hackman as the blind old man.
We started off with a reel of Ads from independent 8 and the rare trailer for the young Frankenstein movie.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 24, 2014 03:17 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks good and I wish I could re-record too, as there's a lot of nice films from Germany

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 24, 2014 03:28 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there certainly is a great deal more titles in Germany, id love to try and get my hands on the black xmas reel, im trying to find a copy that hopefully may already be re recordred in English as i myself am not geared up to do it.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2014 07:08 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great print Tom! Isn't it funny that the picture stills on the film case are in color?? [Razz]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 25, 2014 06:28 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it is odd, I've seen a few boxes of b/w films in the past where colour production stills are used, and even more odd is they always put pictures on the boxes that are from scenes not in the cut down. [Mad] [Wink]

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2014 11:12 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Young Frankenstein' was available for hire only from FDA. I think it cost me £12.50 to hire from them. The print was fantastic. Now I wonder where they all went?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 25, 2014 03:02 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I took a 400 footer I put together starting with, Saving Private Ryan trailer, (if only that 600ft opening could have got released on 8mm)Reflections USA, Titanic trailer Reflections 100 years of British cinema. This is a great full 400footer, then onto the Iver release of Helter Skelter, originally on 2 x 400ft and now on one full 600ft spools.
This, as we all know, is the story of the Manson murders, which that weirdo Charles Manson & his followers carried out on actress Sharon Tate and others. The state of California abolished the death sentence when he & his associates went into prison, what a shame, they should have all been executed. This film was originally shown on TV as a two part feature running for 194 minutes so considering this Iver did a superb job cutting this into half an hour. Quality is very good with excellent colour's & sound to match. there's a fair bit of negative dirt/marks mainly on part one but this doesn't cause any problems. Manson is brilliantly played by Steve Railsback & also Marilyn Burns of Texan chainsaw massacre fame plays Linda Kasabian who appears to have been part of the gang but was genuinely trying to make them stop.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
Not a classic movie but a very good TV movie and a very well edited super 8 release.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2014 06:32 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom- I remember watching Helter Skelter on late night TV in the 70's. It creeped me out so bad I couldn't sleep!

That's a nice print you have too.

James.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2014 07:44 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight was monster digest night - actually most are.
Up were a couple of Creature From The Black Lagoon "inspired" films.
Destination Inner Space (combined with a retitled digest version with different scenes "Terror From The Deep")
1X400 BW

-

Next up was "The Monster Of Piedras Blancas" with a triple bill trailer.
1X200 BW

-

And finally a great new addition to my collection from Marketing Films "Die Auferstehung der reitenden Leichen" aka "Return Of The Blind Dead"
great colors on this that match the quality of my DVD. Just need to find part 2 now!!!

-

Cheers
Terry

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 28, 2014 02:54 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not had a great deal of time to watch any films due to organising a film fair plus work but did squeeze in a Popeye ‘I never changes my altitude’ from good old Collectors Club. Nice one this complete with certificate and Paramount opening. Fingers crossed we may watch some flicks over the weekend.

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2014 05:06 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Started of the night with the skeleton dance & Good will to men then 101 Dalmatians with the three little pigs as a opener

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2014 02:51 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we watched 'The Birds' Still has some colour, but the blacks have a red tinge. Nicely edited with good sound and sharp image.

Columbia's digest of Ray Harryhausen's 'It Came From Beneath The Sea' A good edited version with nice sharp black & white image and the Columbia narrator is only used sparingly.

Then a compilation reel. Starting with Disney's 200ft 'The Love Bug' nice sharp & good sound. Not sure if this has any fade the colours aren't strong, but I think its always been like that. Same reel the two extracts from 'Bedknobs & Broomsticks' (Beautiful Briny & Match Of The Century) both excellent really good colour. Last on this reel Walton's Tom & Jerry 'Tee For Two' excellent print good colour.

The last one 400ft 'The Great Highway' a British Transport Film, about the west coast railway line. Great colour & sound on this one, released by DCR.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 01, 2014 07:27 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched a few films I got on last nights meeting and a beautiful print I bought from Hugh Thompson Scott (thank you, thank you) of The Adventures of Robin Hood, which I put on 2x1200'
 -

-

Some Disney extract from Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Beautiful Briny, 200'
 -

The Hong Kong Connection, 200' and very red
 -

The Crimson Altar, 200' and pale, though it has colors
 -

The Exorcist, 400'
 -

And if anyone know the title of this Porky Pig and Silvester, 200' Piccolo Film, please let me know
 -

-

The title on the box is Schweinchen Dick Sieht Gespenster

[ March 02, 2014, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2014 02:56 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IN case anyone wondered if I was just selling off all of my silents, think again, I still have hundreds I am keeping. Tonight I watched a low budget western entitled WANTED BY THE LAW (1924, 5 x 200' feet, Standard 8mm) This J.B. Warner western is an absolutely gorgeous print, but I cannot remember who released it. The lead actor, Warner actually died the same year this film was released. It is a wonder that everyone in this film did not die of frostbite because you can clearly see their breath in all of the interior scenes where none of them are wearing jackets.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2014 12:05 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Porky and Daffy cartoon is CLAWS FOR ALARM (Chuck Jones,1954)

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 02, 2014 09:12 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy in "Them Thar Hills" followed by its sequel "Tit for Tat". Both are Blackhawk. "Hills" is a better print than (ummmm) "Tat".

I decided to lead off with a trailer, and it was the one for "Star Trek, Generations". (Because I felt like it, I guess! It's my "theater" after all!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 03, 2014 04:40 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a few cheap Super 8's

21 Hours at Munich, 400'
 -

Der Pechfogel (or somthing like that) 50' silent
 -

Liverpool beating Newcastle in 1974 FA Cup final, silent 200'
 -

The Great Train Robbert, silent 200'
 -

Speedy Gonzales in Here Today Gone Tamale, 200' Swedish sound
 -

The Anderson Tapes, 400'
 -

The Triple Echo, 400'
 -

Some Terry Toons, all 200'
 -

Sorry, very large, but since Laksmi isn't here at the moment, I'll chance it

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 03, 2014 04:57 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, "21 Hours at Munich" is very good print. Who released this, I never heard about it before.

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 03, 2014 06:22 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the cover
 -

-

Paid a handsome 3 GBP for it :-) Might even have been 2

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2014 08:18 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally some screenshots from me, I always forget to take some! Apologies for the low quality, it was taken in a dark room with my phone as my DSLR was recharging.

With the new living room done I fixed up a new alternative for running films, with a home-made screen that I attach to the wall when needed. Here it is:

-

It is a 1 x 1,33 metre piece of thin fibrecloth painted white, with a black, faux leather trim stapled around it, producing a nice 4:3 screen with some matting at the edges.

Anyway; to the screening!

We saw my two new prints, both courtesy of mr Dino Everett. First up was the 2x400 Super 8 Blackhawk silent cutdown of "Nosferatu", which I respooled to a nearly full 600' with new, white leader.

Here's a shot of the ST-1200 projecting it:
 -

And here's two shots from the film:
 -
 -

Afterwards it was time for the 4x400 Reg.8 silent print of "Mark of Zorro", where my trusty Bolex 18-5 worked its magic.

Here's a shot of the projector before we started:
 -

And here's a shot from the film:
 -

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 03, 2014 12:18 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy! Vidar, you have been busy!! Great screenshots!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 03, 2014 12:27 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's kinda awesome with those norwegian meets. Got 13-14 16mm prints at 10 to 20 GBP and most of these Super 8's were 2 or 3 pounds each. Just can't say no to that :-)

Thank you

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 06, 2014 06:06 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got three films from a forum member
Tora, Tora, Tora 400'
 -

-

The Poseidon Adventure, 400'
 -

-

Last Train From Gun Hill, feature
Tested with no filters here
 -

-

Then a blue filter
 -

And with blue and yellow (think it's too yellow myself)
 -

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2014 02:31 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar!great screen shoots of the adventures of robin hood,it has the same quality as mine,congratiolations it,s a keep,,,

best;
luis caramelo

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 08, 2014 02:49 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Mr. Caramelo. I sure will keep this :-) I was looking for a decent print last year, but none came up in full feature, only the 4x400' I believe it was. A huge thanks to Hugh Thompson Scott for selling me this

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  157  158  159  160  161  162  163  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC