8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 163)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  160  161  162  163  164  165  166  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 04, 2014 04:13 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After having had a problem with the feature I wanted to watch ( my post "Where is the sound of my film ?" explains it), I watched a cartoon in super 8 released by Piccolo film (number F 7589). The box also mention Universal Eight. The title is L'orchestre le plus drôle du monde (The Funniest Orchestra In The World). There is a draw extract of the cartoon and the description is correct. The only strange thing is that there is strip that says "Woody Woodpecker" and the cartoon has nothing to do with the bird ! By the way, it is a good cartoon and the colours are still good.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 05, 2014 02:38 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mix n match tonight, started off with a scope show, the trailer for The last Samurai,
 -
 -
 -
Followed by She Flies, this is the re release which Derann put out with a better image quality, this is also a souviener for me as 28 years ago in work my name was picked out of a hat to take a flight of fantasy on Concord and what an experience so I do love to watch this and gloat. [Wink]
 -
 -
 -
& this reel ends with the scope promo to Jaws, a great little promo this with a good running time and excellent colour image and sound, it also ends with the old CIC logo and a warning that although an A certificate some scenes may be disturbing to younger children,
 -
Let me end with a question now, how do you blokes get more than 8 images on some of these posts? if I try to put more on it wont let me load up?

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 05, 2014 02:58 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Copy and paste in Paint for my part ... Just load the first picture you want, then go to properties and change the size there and open another Paint, get the next picture, mark all, copy and close. The paste it into the first picture

You do need to keep the total size under 200kb

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 06, 2014 12:47 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Vidar, I shall try again soon,
The latest viewing and refer to my review on the review thread for full details, the 3 x 400ft of The Rover, aka The Adventurer with Antony Quinn.
 -
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 06, 2014 04:54 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A French film from 1938, Les disparus de Saint-Agil, with Erich von Stroheim and Michel Simon. It is noticeable that one of the character of the film refers several times to a war in a foreseen future. Something that may interest Stars Wars'fans is that the opening credits inspired Stars wars' credits and the music of these opening credits inspired one of Stars wars'music.

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 02:30 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lastest viewing was the Godfather Part Two, the 3 x 400 footer mounted onto a full 800ft spool. This one is OK but for me part one appears to have slight fade where as 2 & 3 are fine but the image sharpness isnt be up to the usual sharp standard as many of the other marketing releases, a bit disappointing as the first Godfather is much better, not to mention the usual abrupt end to the movie with not a single title in sight.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 08, 2014 02:04 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely evening trawling through the archive and watching some yet unfinished home movies plus

Collectors Club: Turn of the Wheel and Tumbleweeds Prologue with good old Will S Hart. I must plan a night with this, his 30 minute life story film and feature of Tumbleweeds.

-

-

-

And even the GS had a glow at the end of the night.. [Smile]

-

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2014 03:12 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique,your cartoon is one of the Walter Lantz "Musical Miniatures" from the forties, which U8 released. I can find you the title if you give me some description.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 08, 2014 03:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Panayotis ! I will scan the cover of the box but I have to buy a new printer/scanner as I broke mine about two weeks ago.onight, I watched "Project The Right Image" (a distract projectionnist makes all wrong), "Pathe News Weekly" (with Roger Moore and The Avengers)and the digest of "Singing In The Rain".

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 09, 2014 06:39 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was two very different viewings, starting off with the McMaster 2 x 400fooer from Iver, (joined onto a full 600ft)
Starring David Carradine, Jack Palance, Burl Ives, and Brock Peters, The print has no colour fade and is in great condition considering its age.
 -
 -
 -

Followed up with one of the best ever 2 x 600ft releases from Derann, and in glorious scope with excellent picture, colour and sound throughout is Superman 2. And this one was sold to us with the extra little bits put in including the full title sequence, and that 58 second pre title opening with Ken Thorne's,(who also did the music for Hannie Caulder), opening music has to be one of the best music track openings ever.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2014 10:37 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received 2 new films in the mail today. The first was the newly released Pixar short Partly Cloudy. I think it is a great short. (sorry the pictures aren't that great I just took them on my cell phone.
 -
 -
The second film we started was The Birth Of A Nation. This is the Blackhawk color and sound version on eight 400' reels (we got half way through). For being 1915 this film was SO well done.
 -
 -

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 14, 2014 01:12 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carry On Screaming feature quite a fun evening.
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 14, 2014 09:02 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a Woody Allen Promo for Play it Again, Sam - From Stage to Screen on a 200' Super 8

Love this film
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 16, 2014 03:16 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw The Nude Bomb today, which I bought for GBP 35 (a bit more than I would have liked, but still okay to get this as the U8 2x400' collection is closing in on complete)
 -

-

-

There never was a nude bomb, there never will be (eat your words :-))
 -

-

-

-

-

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 16, 2014 04:53 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The digest of Gigi (with Maurice Chevalier), the first sound film I owned. I received it for one of my birthday although I had no sound projector. I could only watch it in sound many years later when I bought on a flea market a perfect working Elmo (I still have) for a song (the good old time...). Extracts (not a digest) from Amanda (with Fred Astaire), Murder in 3D and The Steve Allen Show with Elvis Presley.

--------------------
Dominique

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2014 01:48 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we started with Walton trailers reels (Reel 1: Witchfinder General, Curse Of The Crimson Altar, Hannie Caulder. Reel 2: Percy's Progress, Callan and One Million Years BC, Shalako.) Reel 1 excellent with no fade, reel 2 has faded a little, but not too bad.

Next another Walton release Laurel & Hardy's Musical Moments. Starts with '"Let Me Call You Sweetheart" from 'Swiss Miss' followed by "Trail Of The Lonesome Pine" & "I Want To Be In Dixie" both from 'Way Out West', last on this reel an extract from "The Music Box". A reel treat this one. Nice and sharp print.

Next up a Derann release 'Tom & Jerry in Royal Cat Nap' in scope, but shown without lens. This is a pin sharp print with great colour.

Last one a P.M. Films release 'The World Of Steam. Blackmore Vale Steams Again' For those not into steam engines 'Blackmore Vale is a Southern Railway 'West Country Class Pacific'. Quite well made film. A good print with very good colour.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 22, 2014 07:22 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think we can safely say we have had a bit of a Scope spree here recently.
Show started with, This is Scope, Cinemascope 55, Super 8 trl, This is it trl, Diamonds are a girls best friend, Die another Day, feature Fearless Vampire Killers and closing with Capt America. The FVK looked beautiful in Scope and a film that always tickles me. [Big Grin]

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2014 01:23 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last weekend I had a private screening in a cinema for all my friend's. We watched an original 35mm technicolor print of star wars. It was a really big fun for everyone.
www.filmantiques.com

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 22, 2014 01:36 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean original 77 version? Or the 97 re-release with CGI crap all over it? I have the latter one myself, but would love the original '77 (Osi, want to sell you Super 8?) ;-) Guess not

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2014 02:13 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Original German first release from1978.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 22, 2014 03:49 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, lovely :-) Kept up well it seems too, nice colors

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2014 03:12 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night,a rarity. Oldrich Lipski's ADELE HASN'T HAD HER DINNER YET or,NICK CARTER IN PRAGUE. Czech film,italian print,dubbed in spanish,with fair colors! A wonderfull pastiche of the detective pulps of the teens and twenties,with a dose of "Little Shop of Horrors" thrown in and in every way equal to the director's classic "Lemonade Joe" and with some of the same actors. I consider it one of my prized possessions.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 24, 2014 05:15 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
French ads and Hustling For Health, a sonorized "lost silent film" from 1918 with Stan Laurel. Although it has a soundtrack, the film runs at 18 fps which is the correct speed. The film was issued in 1990 by Phil Johnson who still has website.

--------------------
Dominique

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 25, 2014 05:17 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw Roustabout a couple of days ago, but haven't gotten to do the pictures yet. I tried with several filters, as the film is quite red (as stated by seller)
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2014 12:25 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been super busy playing music lately with my own band and this past Saturday with the metal Rock Warrior himself THOR I'm wearing the bowler hat behind him...

BUT with the long weekend I found some time to sneak in some movies on Standard 8. First up was an old Hoot Gibson silent short entitled MAN WITH THE PUNCH (1920, Griggs 2 x 200ft) and then a sound 8mm feature of PSYCHO that is still sharper and better quality than any 16mm print I have acquired over the years.

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  160  161  162  163  164  165  166  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC