8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 191)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2016 03:18 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Saturday night menu this week was....

Rollerball- James Caan (2x 400'on 1x 600')(which appears to have been edited in the correct sequence by a previous owner....at least this version seemed to flow ok)

The Eiger Sanction - Clint Eastwood / George Kennedy ( 1x 400')

Airport 1975 - Charlton Heston / George Kennedy (1x 400')

The Poseidon Adventure - Gene Hackman (1x 400')

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 05, 2016 05:09 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Lost World. When I filmguarded the film, I noticed that the stock was not like on other films. Difficult to explain, I would say that it was "loose". There is no vinegar smell but something is definitly wrong. The two first third ran correctly but I had a "sharp/out of focus/sharp/out of focus..." issue for the end of the film. That was, however not too bad. I noticed that the film was not firmly wound on the take up reel and when I manually rewound the film the same thing happened. I will let it like that to let it breath and rewind it more firmly later. To be sure my Sankyo with its 1.0 lens was not in cause, I watched a Pathé Pictorial film and it was sharp from the beginning to the end. The film was firmly wound after the projection and after rewinding.

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 06, 2016 01:07 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice

"The Flight of the Phoenix" is one of my all time favorite films. I remember watching at the cinema way back in the 1960s. The digest I have now got, is the one I sold as new back in the 1970s. I put my name on the leader and after being bought and sold by others that copy has now come home. [Smile]

The actual full feature film itself would be an excellent addition. I have it only on DVD, "The Flight of the Phoenix" has a outstanding cast including actor George Kennedy who died just lately. Also during the making the stunt flier was killed when the aircraft crashed, his name and tribute to him is mentioned during the end credits.

Lastly [Roll Eyes] we ran a 35mm print of the later version called "Flight of the Phoenix" 2005 starring Dennis Quaid, its also a very good movie in its own right.
 -

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 06, 2016 01:21 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unbelievable Graham that you got your original film reel back. That's a great story in itself [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 06, 2016 06:14 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, I could not phrase better my opinion about what happend that how Janice did.

Tonight, I watched The Bat Devil with Bela Lugosi.

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 07, 2016 03:10 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom, a legendary film here it is. [Smile]

A look back to the dawn of Standard 8 full length features with this one. Had the pleasure of working with Diana in my youth and what a wonderful lady she was.
 -

Early Derann full feature release and not so many years after it was produced. [Cool]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 08, 2016 10:44 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, two cartoons in French : "Tarasque en prison" (Gédéon) and "Le chasseur chassé" (Bugs Bunny).

--------------------
Dominique

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2016 05:46 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Super 8 full lengh Print from Flight with the Phönix

on 5x600 feet, Print from Spain, re-recorded in german

Nice Quality

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 10, 2016 07:45 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things have been a little quiet on the Collectors Club front of late so we watched
'Turn Of The Wheel' A look at locomotives being taken to pieces amongst other things with the Elmo going full steam.
 -
Followed by 'Sad Clowns of Hollywood' which we found funny.
Also another Collectors Club reel 'Sherlock Holmes Trailers'

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2016 07:52 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My copy of "Turn of the Wheel" is from Derann. A great "Look at Life" showing how things were changing in transport. It now shows further changes I doubt the Crich tramway museum could easily "hire a horse from a nearby farmer" to haul a tram as they did them.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2016 08:07 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have the Derann copy of Turn of the Wheel.

[ May 25, 2016, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Bill Phelps ]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 10, 2016 08:07 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Brian bit of an eye opener how much history we have lost with the grinders going full blast. Interesting film and quite a document really in itself, produced mid 60's I believe. I like to hear Tims voice on it also from The Mummy's Shroud another popular 8mm film. [Wink]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2016 05:07 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched the Universal 8 400ft of Duel, nice cut down. Despite being on Kodak SP all the colours are there so I suspect the overall orange tint is reflected from the ground and dust on location, the sky is certainly blue - not much vegetation to show the green though.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 11, 2016 05:57 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Popeye champion de boxe, a Film Office release. Colours are still great but sadly the sound is in English.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 12, 2016 06:22 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just watched a film from the silent era that I regard as a masterpiece : The Cat And The Canary. My copy has a soundtrack but as I hadn't watched the film since a long time I didn't remember if it had to be projected at 18 or 24 fps. I decided to try at 18 fps but without modifying the two blades shutter position of my Beaulieu before being sure. The speed was 18 but for an unknown reason, there was no flickering on the screen (although it is visible without film in the projector) so I didn't have to change anything (and I got an extra 33% lighting).

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 13, 2016 05:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a very unusual scenario Dominique.
I always have to go back to three blades when I watch 18fps films on these.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 13, 2016 05:45 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a good surprise, Andrew :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2016 11:50 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a long night this time....

Just "The Hindenburg" 2x 400' and "1941" 2x 400' the Spielberg comedy.So annoying how the intro's to the sections are in 4:3 and the rest 1.85:1 Very off putting but an amusing digest.

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 14, 2016 01:32 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday Night:

Derann's Fantasia 2000 all the way from beginning to end.

I had a small technical issue with this one I needed to solve: the print is letterboxed, and maybe pillarboxed too, so with the machine in the usual spot it kind of hung in the middle of the screen even zoomed wide all the way.

-back it up a couple of feet?

-problem solved!

-

Having it in the masking all the way around makes it look much better!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 14, 2016 01:37 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
A fabulous Saturday evenings entertainment there Steve!
Gorgeous print. [Smile]

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 14, 2016 01:58 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's an amazing film.

In the last section (Firebird Suite), nature is serene: the Elk and the Water Nymph cavort happily in the cool forest and all is well with the world....

-until in the space of two or three frames the entire screen is filled with FIRE!!!!

When I got it, I'd never seen this movie before, so there I am laying on the couch, maybe 5 minutes from rewinding and going to bed.

I had a drink in my hand...I almost wound up wearing it!

(Never watch this late at night!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 14, 2016 02:01 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Tis as you you say Steve,truly amazing!
But then I'm biased I suppose. Ha ha.

I love a late nights viewing myself and will be doing just that later this evening.

--------------------

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2016 03:53 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on,Andrew..... spill the beans! What DID you see?

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 15, 2016 05:14 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The great train robbery. CC Silencio
Phantom of the opera trailer. Silencio

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2016 12:18 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie, Derann 2x400ft edited in order. On Kodak SP unfortunately but not very faded (black is now medium dark brown) one extract is lighter than the other, but I think it was always like that - however all the colours are still there.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC