8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 193)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2016 12:11 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew. I did... and still can't see any. Probably my dilapidated equipment. However, I did google him and found some pics there (including a superb Meridian TV item on his home cinema on You Tube)so, yes, I can now put a face behind the name,thank you. If my memory serves me right, he presented the Derann auction at Blackpool for a year or two following Derek's passing?

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 01, 2016 01:04 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely correct Melvin. I'm glad through the perils of adversity you arrived at your conclusion here Melvin.

I tried my very best for you here Melvin, but as usual, there is a minefield of barricades to overcome!!! [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 02, 2016 10:39 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight, a very mint Blackhawk "Long Fliv the King": spoils of the weekend in Wildwood!

-nice print: cut of the leader makes me think I'm the first to ever watch it.

-odeur makes me think it wasn't from that famous "smoke free home"!

-do believe I'll leave the cover off the box a few days! (...COUGH!!!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 03, 2016 05:02 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Live Ghost. I saw this Laurel and Hardy film at Argenteuil where it has been projected in 16 mm and was Lucky to find a super 8 copy at the 9.5 Sprinf Fair, recently in London.

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2016 05:16 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened some what I bought as odd reels (well 1,2,3,5) of Dracula Has Risen From The Grave. Reels 1&2 marked dark (it is mainly at night anyway so no problem), 3 Faulty stripe and 5 OK but stripe no to good. Bought from Derann at conventions for bargain prices. I'm not sure of its origin as titles are in German but as on Agfa 1S and 4S the picture has no faded at all and the colour is very good.
I enjoyed this with a bottle of 2006 Fullers Vintage ale, 8.5% so that has kept well also. I wonder if there are any odd reel 4s out there.

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2016 06:34 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi! Brian.i do got the full lenght of that title,it,s na imported print from german,the open credits are in german and final ones are in english,the print has color and sound,i wish you luck in your quest.

luis caramelo

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 05, 2016 05:29 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Paleface, the 200 ft / 60 mt Collectors Club version.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 07, 2016 06:48 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just watched The Fugitive (Dieu est mort), a Film Office edition (in French). I mounted the 5 400 ft/120 mt spools on a big specially manufactured for the Beaulieu spool, so I had projection without breaks.

--------------------
Dominique

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 09, 2016 02:21 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we had my Mom out for Mothers Day and showed this wonderful "Singing in the Rain" compilation I bought from Gary Crawford at CineSea. It is edited together from two digests and features most of the songs from the feature.

It was an appropriate choice: the feature was released the year my parents were married.

-I've had my eye on this one on Gary's table for at least a year. It's a shame I waited so long to buy it!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2016 11:32 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made last night a Superman night.

I watched two faded 200ft Fleisher Superman cartoons released by Red Fox. As well as the Superman 2 2x600ft in Scope released by Derann.

Here are a few screenshots from Superman 2.
 -

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 11, 2016 02:51 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great screenshots there Jason, i think i will put ours on at the weekend, that 2 x 600ft is a very good edit and we have the extra 200ft that was sold separately edited in by the previous owner. [Big Grin]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 11, 2016 02:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too, the diner scene also. It's a great cut down. [Smile]

Beautiful screenshots there Jason! [Smile]

--------------------

Peter Taft
Junior

- posted May 11, 2016 02:59 PM      Profile for Peter Taft   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Taft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The classic One Million years BC B/W Silent

--------------------
Keeping the past...Present !

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 11, 2016 04:20 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel Welch looks great in b/w silent, as well as colour. [Wink]

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2016 07:31 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I wish I had the extra Superman 2 200ft that Derann released.
Andrew, I also like that final diner scene.

It would be interesting if someone released a 400ft Superman 2 "Donner Cut" selected scenes. I might be tempted to use it to make my own "Donner cutdown".

Peter, I`ve only seen the 1960s remake of One Million years BC. I will have to find a copy of the silent film to watch now.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 11, 2016 07:42 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 12, 2016 04:23 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes same as Andrews ours is made up of the the 2x600, the full title sequence and the diner scenes, i have seen this 200 footer turn up now and again, i think that opening as the camera zooms in with that music by Ken Thorn,(he was instructed to re-work the music from the first superman film by John Williams),really sets this film up, its a great fanfare. BTW, he also did the music for Hannie Caulder, unfortunately he died in 2014.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 13, 2016 01:14 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Gay Divorcee, a Film Office copy. The film is in English with French subtitles.

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2016 03:16 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of "odd reel" purchases on Fuji (so looking brown in the shadows. Reel 3 of The Road to Bali (which includes the scene from The African Queen) and reel 2 of Swallows and Amazons.

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2016 08:47 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Black Hole digest and Mr Magoo Meets Frankenstien (just got from Steve Osborne) on Super 8....
 -  -

-  -

.....and a pretty faded Shirley Temple War Babies on Regular 8
 -  -

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2016 09:02 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I have been thinking about picking up that Mr Magoo film. Thanks for sharing some screenshots from it.

This is part of the treasure I found at Cinesea a few weeks ago. I finally found sometime to screen it, so I thought I would share some pictures from my Derann feature of "First Men in the Moon". It was Ray Harryhausen`s only film that was done in scope.

-

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2016 02:54 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of old Castle,mostly standard,silent one reel westerns,( Texas Trail Treachery,Indian Raiders,Heart of the West,) etc,DeMille historicals, (Nero's Gladiators,The Crusades,The Sign of the Cross, ) and the well known horrors ( Dracula,Bride of Frankenstein,The Mummy) plus AAPs (Dawn Patrol,Dr X,Wings,Covered Wagon ) all from the big silent collection I have been acquiring lately. (No,Shorty,none in original box!).General impression:crystal clear picture!

George Seaton
Junior

- posted May 21, 2016 11:16 AM      Profile for George Seaton   Email George Seaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened my 4x400' print of 'The Quatermass Xperiment' last night. Still looks and sounds great and very well edited feature.

-

--------------------
George

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2016 02:23 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reel 2 of “The Ten Commandments” odd reel (I don’t know how many extras were printed but it’s the only reel that shows up on its own) on Kodak Sp (though there was the legend EKC31 as well, which shows no signs of fade (divine intervention?)
 -
 -  -
And the 400ft extract from “Please Sir” from Walton on Agfa 2S that I bought at their closing down sale marked on the box as “new neg 23-11-78.
 -
 -

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2016 04:08 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two Columbia digests,without too much annoying narration: Holiday with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn and Mysterious Island.Two rare curiosities:A promo (?) for Those Magnificet Men in Their Flying Machines which is in essence a five minute condensation of the film and an even shorter (50 ft) "making of..." Lawrence of Arabia which Columbia released in a color/silent version only.And another curiosity: A 1926 silent 15 episode serial, Daredevil Jack with Jack Dempsey,condenced to a 10 episode one,totalling 16 minutes!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC