8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 199)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  196  197  198  199  200  201  202  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 11:29 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having returned from my first BFCC (and as it is now dark early enough here in 'blighty') - I decided (last Saturday) to have my first screening-session since returning to this wonderful pastime - some 25 years since I last projected any films. At least I remembered how to thread the projector! [Wink]

As on my very first screening-session, way back on Christmas morning 1978 - I ran for myself:

Easy Street 400' - Heritage with music-track that I had just bought that morning at the BFCC and

A Night in Casablanca - 400' Mountain Digest.

In lieu of the L&H Flying Deuces Mountain Digest - I instead ran a recent eBay purchase - Star Wars - 400' Ken Digest

I Can't really comment on the condition of any of them, as until I get a proper screen sorted out, I had to watch them (as on that first occasion) on my bedroom wall! [Eek!]

A decent screen is now a matter of urgency!!

Ali.

--------------------
We're going to need a bigger shelf!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 12:09 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we watched The Incredible Hulk 2x400 and the Avengers episode The Living Dead 3x400ft,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 01, 2016 05:55 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After Rosemary's Baby (in French :-), I screened two nice little jewels found last Saturday at the BFCC : Melody Maker (a musical with Sammy Fain singing) and The Golden Days Of Musical (Gus Elen, Lily Morris and Gracie Fields). I ended with another film bought from Classic Home Cinema (also at the BFCC) : Weathered Melodie. It's an early German cartoon with insects around an old Gramophone. One of the insects managed to get sound from the record. A nice cartoon, probably not easy to found on 35 mm as the beginning (the first seconds) is wel used (it is from the original neg as this film is a new release from CHC).

--------------------
Dominique

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 03, 2016 11:27 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's is a rarity from me ... SCREENSHOTS! One of my latest acquisitions, "The Adventures of Robin Hood", which finally went down enuf in price for me to afford it! Please note, this is not from my own screening of the print, (as I take TERRIBLE screenshots), but these are from the auction of this very print that i now own, so enjoy! This is the Red Fox printing of this title, on AGFA film stock (not the bluish L.P.P. Derann print), and the screenshots do not do justice to how nice and sharp this print is. This print also has the luxury of having english on one track, and german on the other track!

Thanks 4 the help with the screenshots, Doug!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ November 04, 2016, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Osi Osgood ]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 07:20 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice print Osi, I have this but it's not as good as this one.

Last night I watched two features, City Heat optical sound which still has nice colour and Jungle Book which i bought recently at the Ealing do, nice to get back to watching features again, enjoyed them both, Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 05, 2016 11:18 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have City heat too! It was a very good printing on what appears to be low fade film stock, not a hint of color fade!!

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 05, 2016 11:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine has faded slightly, but only towards Brown, not pink.
Plenty of all colours still present though and those colours still look quite vibrant, just a predominant tinge of the Brown colouring throughout.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 12:24 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Osi, looks more 16mm than super 8, the best optical feature I had was A Fish Called Wanda, that looked lovely, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 05, 2016 12:33 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It's one of my top 3 Optical prints still is Wanda. Both for colour and print quality. Another is Lethal Weapon. Still looks as good as the first day I got it,for colour. Lovely prints, both of these.

--------------------

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 02:41 PM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Osi,

This is a superb print, great !!

"RED FOX" prints are known to be great

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 04:10 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congratiolations.Osi.you got a smiliar print of mine robin hood.red fox indeed,,,

best;
luis caramelo

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 06:57 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another optical sound feature starring Sylvester Stallone in Over the Top, haven't seen this in years so nice to view it again, colours not as good as the recent City Heat I watched but still not too bad, sound was very clear for optical. Dug out and watched my Raiders of the Lost Ark, probably one of my oldest films I've owned, colours still look amazing and glorious stereo, great cutdown and ebay seems to be having quite a few copies lately so grab one whilst you can, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 06, 2016 05:23 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gulliver. My copy is red but with the filter I used, it was very watchable !

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 07, 2016 04:37 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Card, bought at the BFCC. I respooled the 4x400 ft/ 120 mt parts on a large spool and watched it with my Beaulieu which has not moved from its place since yesterday night.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 07, 2016 04:47 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Leave it out permanently Dominique. best place for it! 👑 [Big Grin] [Wink]

[ November 07, 2016, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 16, 2016 05:16 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are too many cine related items that are already permanently displayed everywhere (due to room shortage), Andrew :-)
I've just watched two newly acquiered 200ft/60mt films : The Old House (MGM 1936), very good cartoon (banned in the US for hard to believe reason...) and Jasper And The Watermelon, a George Pal coartonn. Both films have great colours.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 16, 2016 05:21 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a statement of it's merit Dominique, not meant literally you understand! 😂😂😂

Mine is also carefully packed away, each and every time it has served it's purpose with impeccable understated excellence.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 16, 2016 05:35 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My films and projectors invasion is not literal, it is real :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2016 11:45 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we started out with Early Bloomer (Sony Short). Then we watched Geri's Game
 -
Followed by Carrotblanca
 -
It finished up with Winnie The Pooh: Blustery Day
 -
 -
The children loved it [Smile]
 -

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2016 02:10 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice set of films there Zach, the Winnie the pooh is a very nice print and always enjoyed, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 19, 2016 11:55 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderfully cute (and enraptured!) kids! I'd love to get a copy of that "Winnie The Pooh"! Was that the one on Steve Osbournes special list a few weeks back?

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 19, 2016 11:59 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Very hard to get now Osi. Took me an age to find one in tip top shape.
If Steve has one and its in good nick, I'd snap it up if I were you!

Fabulous photos there Zech!😊😊

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 19, 2016 12:29 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember right "Geri's Game" was released new by Derann, but only for a very short time, by the time I thought about getting a copy they no longer released it...pity.

Excellent photo's Zach [Cool] [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 19, 2016 12:32 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It was indeed a Derann release Graham, as you thought.

--------------------

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2016 01:00 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark, it was a fun line up of films. Osi, it makes the hobby even more fun having a family that all enjoys a film night. And yes, in fact, all these films were from Steve. He sure had an excellent list. Thank you Andrew, I was thrilled to finally find a print of Winnie The Pooh. I called as soon as I received the film list from The Reel Image. I was sure someone else would have already bought it. I wonder why Derann would have done such a short run on Geri's Game? I wonder if it was to do with the negative quality issues and they didn't want to reinvest in redoing it.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  196  197  198  199  200  201  202  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC