8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 200)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  197  198  199  200  201  202  203  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 19, 2016 01:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Blustery Day was also supplied in very very limited numbers Zech.

Quite a lot of the late stuff was for various reasons! [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2016 01:58 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently screened KINK-O-RAMA , Al Parker in INCHES , BEER BALL , THE WOODSMEN , CLASS OF '84 and DONNY DOES DEBBIE . Low - fade prints , silent super 8mm.

--------------------
Dave

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 19, 2016 02:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Who needs sound! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2016 06:43 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night,that is two hours ago, I had another all standard 8 program.Started with DR JEKYLL AND MR MOUSE,one of the first batch of Tom and Jerry cartoons issued by Walton in the early seventies. A sharp print that has still retained its colors as new. THE FILM STUDIO,a twenty minute promo made by Universal in 1925 for the exhibitors, inviting a magazine editor for a tour at the studio and the surrounding Universal City,to meet all the stars and directors of the films being prepared for the coming season. Most interesting and a nice print from Blackhawk. Popeye in THE PANELESS WINDOW WASHER,another excellent print from Davelyn/DCR , which includes the British Board of Film Censors title in the beginning.NATURE'S STRANGEST CREATURES,a Disney documentary from the late fifties.which,again,has kept its colors beautifully. I don't know where it has come from as I have never seen Disney Nature documentaries advertised anywhere (I have two more)! The evening ended with L' ETROIT MUSQUETAIRE, the French title for THE THREE MUST-GET-THERES.A 44 minute condensation of the classic Max Linder feature,taken from Maude Linder's 1961 compilation EN COMPANIE DE MAX LINDER. An average Thunderbird print.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 23, 2016 05:06 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, panayotis, I watched (in super 8) Dr Jeckyll and Mr Mouse (bought in Blackpool last Sunday) and I found also the colours amazing. Also screened : Engine Driver, Broadway Highlights, The Chocolate Soldier trl, World On Parade (optical sound) and Boom Boom (nice cartoon from CHC).

--------------------
Dominique

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2016 08:30 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David Baker's comment makes me laugh.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2016 06:42 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This evening I have been left home alone as my wife has treated her daughter to a theatre weekend in London. And in this household, when the cat's away, the mouse will play....... with his projector!!!

Tonight's bumper bundle.

Robin Hood and Little John 1x 200' Disney extract
Force 10 from Navarone 1x 400'
Long John Silver 3x 600'
Dr.Zhivago 3x 400'
The Incredible Hulk 2x 400'
Escape To Athena 1x 400'

Not a bad Saturday night!!!!!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 26, 2016 06:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Melvin!

Send em both out to theatreland more often...Virgin express..one way! [Wink]

--------------------

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2016 07:08 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran a L & H 200' Walton compilation "Musical Moments" last night on my Eumig S710D. When I bought the film last January, it juddered in the gate but was fine after I applied Film Guard to it. I've watched it a couple of times this year with no problems but last night the judder was back. A slight application of Film Guard seemed to cure the judder. I've not had this problem with any of the rest of my films. Any thoughts?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 26, 2016 07:15 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
A professional service to your machine is required Will.

--------------------

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2016 03:28 AM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A classic case of shrunken film I think. In some cases Filmguard helps the film get through. Also: different projectors react different to shrunken film. Some are very forgiving, others not.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 27, 2016 04:57 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure you're probably right Alexander regarding this scenario here.

If it's a one off that jitters in the gate,and it is definitely acetate, which I'm sure it will be on this title, then it probably is just a faulty film.

Normally though, filmguard has always solved this issue for me I have to say.

It might be an idea to coat it again just to apply a little more than normal, before trying it again.

Also if you have another machine, this may confirm what Alexander is suggesting here.

--------------------

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2016 08:54 AM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the feedback. The film ran ok after a light application of Film Guard and was fine when run on a Eumig S712D. Anyway, it's had a liberal application of Film Guard now and I'll try it out in a day or two. I just ran a Collectors Club print of the 1903 film "The Great Train Robbery" and that ran very well.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2016 01:03 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Space Battleship Yamato, extracts from the 1970s tv show, 3x200ft optical released in Japan.

It has perfect colors even though it was released in the pre-LPP period. It makes me curious what type of film it`s on.

-

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2016 02:27 PM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As there is a slight bias towards purple/blue, this could be Fuji. If it is, you should also be able to read the year from the edge code.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2016 06:50 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alexander. Thanks for your reply.

The film says 921S along the edges of the sprocket holes. It doesn`t have any other identifying info.
I wasn`t sure what type of film it`s on.
I believe this digest was released in 1978.

I`m probably wrong but I`m curious if it is on AGFA film. I`ve seen a lot of purple tinted Fujifilm but this has no purple tint compared to those.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2016 06:58 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colors look great to me Jason, looks like a fun Digest. Quite curious as to its 3x200' release

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2016 07:29 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Evan.

I actually made a mistake. ALl of the spools have about 250 ft of film on them.

Space Battleship Yamato was a twenty six episode series.
It looks like the first spool summarizes episodes 1 and 2. The second spool summarizes episode 24. The third spool summarizes episodes episode 25 and 26.

It was released by Asahi 8mm Library.

Here are some more pictures from the digests.
https://goo.gl/photos/iPZRz2dDct3M5HAK8

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2016 11:34 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few screen cap's of Showboat, Wizard of OZ and King Creole.
All Derann full length features. Showboat in Technicolor is stunning, wow what a treat. King Creole is a very nice print very sharp for S8. Sorry for the lack of color photos with the Wiz they turned out blurry. All top prints highly recommended.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ December 01, 2016, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Alan Gouger ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 01, 2016 12:29 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful color on that, Jason!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2016 08:32 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan-

Those look like some great features. I haven`t seen King Creole or Showboat on Super 8 but I have seen reenactments of the Broadway plays in "Till the Clouds Roll By" on Super 8.

Osi-

I just figured out that the Japanese digest is on Agfa which really surprised me. It probably has the best color I have seen on a digest or feature released in Japan in the 70s on Super 8. Up until now, I would say 70-80% of the features/digests are on fujifilm while another 20-30% are on Eastman.

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2016 10:25 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Jason. The pictures dont do it justice the colors on Showboat really pop.
What photo album or program are you using to frame your photo's I like the look.

Space Battleship Yamato reminds me of a cartoon I use to watch growing up called Cluch Cargo.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2016 11:06 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan

I usually just use my Android smartphone to take pictures and the photos are uploaded into my google photos. In google photos from the web browser, if you select a few photos there is an option to automatically generate a collage.

It doesn`t give you the option to reframe what part of the picture is used for the collage but its quick and easy.

Another problem is, I always have to go back and resize the photo so that I can upload it to the forum.

Whenever I want to create a better framed collage, I will take pictures on my phone and use a smartphone image editing app like the LINE camera app.

I will have to watch an episode of Clutch Cargo...I`ve never seen it!

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2016 05:27 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was the office annual sight seeing tour of the local ale houses.
So.... getting my priorities right, this is what I watched...!

Flying Down To Rio - Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers - 4x 400' black and white. Generally a nice Mountain print. Good focus and great sound quality... just a few faint tramlines on reel 1 otherwise fine.

After reading Osi's comments on his still pristine copy of the 2x 400' "Jaws" elsewhere on the forum, I decided to give mine a showing after not seeing it for a couple of years. Still in good condition. All the colors were still there, however there is now a slight pink bias with a hint of fade. Otherwise, a good print and.... Hey..... WHAT an edit!!!

Back to work Monday. No doubt the only one there with a clear head!!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 11, 2016 05:34 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
What, did you show all these in the Pub Melvin??? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Films, Office party night....tough call mate! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  197  198  199  200  201  202  203  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC