8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 216)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 20, 2018 07:48 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finished today to watch the standard 8 films I bought from Panayotis [Smile] I used my Heurtier P6-24 B which has a sliding masking 8/super 8 frame system. So you can use the super 8 gate with a standard 8 film. For many films, it works if you use a tripod screen ; you have a bigger picture, you just have to adjust the picture to have the white part on the right out of the screen. Also watched some of the films bought recently at the Big Screen Time : The Fabulous Musicals, Mickey Disco, Gaumont News Review 1934 and two trailers : Ali Baba and This is Paris.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2018 05:04 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Black Hole, Disney 400ft going pink/brown but as the second half is in the red light of matter going into the black hole it doesn't spoil the film as it's 90% red anyway. The a couple of Techno Warner cartoons , one the best Kodak SP colour I've seen but soft, the other sharp but a bit brown. I finished off with the Derann standard 8 shower murder 200ft Psycho shown on the Eumig 810D that wouldn't run to speed (in fact it stalled) in winter now we have temperatures in the mid 20's it ran fine and on speed!!! I'll have to check all the lubrication before the weather changes.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2018 06:49 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, I watched...

Laurence of Arabia(Fujifilm digest,Japan)
Buster Keaton- One Week(Blackhawk)
Un Chien Andalou((aka Andalusian Dog,Thunderbird Films)

-

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 30, 2018 07:09 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now hold on there, Jason!

-when you say "Yesterday", you're really a day ahead of us so you mean "today",.....or is that "tomorrow"?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2018 07:22 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, the title of this thread for me should be
"What films did you show the day before yesterday?"

I actually watched two short films on Wednesday morning before work and watched Laurence of Arabia on Wednesday evening.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2018 02:49 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or in the words of an old monologue 78. "Today was tomorrow yesterday, but today's today today!!!!!"

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2018 04:56 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian - It's "The Day After Tomorrow" you should be worrying about!

(think about that one!)

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 31, 2018 06:35 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice, jason ! I would be happy to find one day Un chien andalou.

Tonight, I watched two Popeye, in black and white (although they are Film Office releases with French titles, the sound is in English), a Betty Boop (I Heard, very good colours), an exctract (in French) of the Book Of The Jungle and Hollywood Without Make Up.

--------------------
Dominique

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2018 08:33 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique, keep an eye out for the Thunderbird Films release. Maybe there might be copies on Super 8 and 16mm released in France.

Yesterday I watched a compliation of silent Japanese films on 1x400ft spool released by Sungraph here in Japan.

I also watched a 3x200 ft film released in Japan that shows the history of the Olympic games up until the 1968 Olympic games.

Last, I watched the Canterbury Films trailer release of "Forbidden Planet". It was very faded but sharp.

-

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 03, 2018 01:42 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday night was too hot to sleep for me, so i sneaked into my film room and viewed T2.
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2018 06:16 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another night home alone, so up to the Man Cave I rushed!

Tonight's helping was to view some new purchases and to see one I have had on the shelf for ages without realizing I had not seen it!

So, to kick off it was the trailer to South Pacific. Whilst I have no complaints over the picture quality or the sound, I think the editors could have done a much better job. Too many "quotes" across the screen praising the production,overshadowing what was going on behind.

Then it was one I bought less than a week ago. Memories of Me starring Billy Crystal and Jo Beth Williams (of Poltergeist fame) on 2x 800' spools with optical sound. Print quality was generally good with just slight fade. Very low on scratches!

To finish off.... Laurel and Hardy in Midnight Patrol. Kind of strange this one, as it was sepia and not black and white. Would that be because it was printed onto colour film that has badly turned, or was this always printed that way? The picture quality was still good. It also had Dutch subtitles throughout.

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2018 07:30 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday night June 7 at approximately 8 PM

JEF FILMS VERSION “A” ANSWER PRINT

SUPER 8 FEATURE

THE FORBIDDEN PLANET
Leslie Nielsen Walter Pigeon

George Lucas must’ve seen this and really liked it because I saw several things that reminded me of Star Wars

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2018 04:01 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a silent B&W standard 8 AAP print of Elmer's Pet Rabbit, it seems this was the first time Bugs Bunny was credited as such on-screen, but looked a lot different to how we know him now. He did say the line (in sub-titles) "Of course you realise, this means war".

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 09, 2018 11:12 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip ...

Was you're "Forbidden Planet" the long sought for, RARE scope verion of it?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 09, 2018 01:24 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, I decided to project my not screened for ages standard/regular 8 copy of Steamboat Bill. I vaguely recalled there was a problem with it. Indeed, some parts were not at the right place, which made the story hard to follow. Today, helped by YouTube, I put everything in order. Took me hours but at least I'm now happy to have a watchable film. Before that, and the days before (I was too lazy to list) some super 8 small spools of cartoons, news, adds and musical. Among the film watched, an amazing silent film bought recently at the Big Screen Time : Big Moments From Little Pictures in which Will Rogers replayed some scenes from other films.

--------------------
Dominique

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2018 02:23 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...I screened a trailer reel I received from an eBay auction. It is a strange mix, including Raise the Titanic ( Scope ), Saturday Night Fever ( 2 versions ), How the West Was Won ( This is Cinerama ) and King Kong. The main reason I wanted it was for The Fog trailer ( LPP flat, probably the Derann print ). It a great trailer, many great scenes well-edited with Carpenter's haunting score. Enhanced with great narration and each cast member's photos are shown in the pocket watch. Nice collectable.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 11, 2018 11:25 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! You're right! An awesome trailer! Was the "West Was Won" a flat trailer. or letterboxed? Just curious.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2018 09:52 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,
Although The Fog trailer is nice and in very good condition,
The How The West was Won trailer is badly scratched, not worthy of screen captures. It is a Flat presentation.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2018 09:26 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made myself an offer I could not refuse.

Full length super 8 sound

The Godfather

Faded brown mono sound

Always a great movie.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 10, 2018 01:06 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last two days: just one Derann 'Scope short after another.

Maybe a year ago I managed to get an Elmo auditorium lens in nice shape for a reasonable price (Thanks, Jason Smith!) which means I can leave the machine back where it's supposed to be and we don't have to eat dinner with it as a centerpiece!

This makes 'Scope much easier for everyone.

(So difficult talking to someone looking through the handle!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2018 06:38 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite a long session this evening.

First off, it was a recent purchase the 6x 400' full length version of David Lean's "Great Expectations." With this, I enjoyed the experience of viewing a film for the first time, on my own screen that I had never seen before. Needless to say it was very impressive.
Finishing off with the two separate 400' extracts from 42nd Street. These were Derann prints bought several years ago but just getting their first showing (as happens on occasions).
Wish I had checked them earlier. Extract #1 whilst being a superb picture with no scratches and good quality sound, did have a print fault as the picture moved up and down continuously with the frame line rising in and out of the picture all the time.
Extract #2 was fine.

--------------------

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2018 01:25 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin, I also enjoy watching films for the first time projected at home. The novelty and experience is hard to beat.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 03, 2018 03:16 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After two months in Egypt, my first protection since June. My Elmo st 1200 came back from Italy this morning with a two blades shutter. I've just watched two musical shorts bought yesterday at a local convention close to Brussels : The Fabulous Dorsey and Carie Comes Calling. The picture is brighter 😀

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 27, 2018 03:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three days ago : "L'affaire est dans le sac", a French film, complete version mounted on a 360mt/1200ft spool.

--------------------
Dominique

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2018 02:50 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A week ago,the classic BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN,complete feature 4X400,bought ages ago from the "mysterious american sources".Good, but not exellent,print,on amber stock.Theatrical acting but so moody and atmospheric! I must transfer it to 2x800,so as not to break the pleasure morem than once.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC