8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 218)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 02:14 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally watched Disneys' Greatest Chases that I bought at Rickmansworth!!!

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2018 06:09 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday night : Crashing Hollywood (a 120 mt/400ft digest). Tonight : All In Good Fun (an evocation of actors and actresses from the silent era), Pappys puppy (a cartoon) and Shopping For A Quenn (Look At Life).

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 24, 2018 07:53 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Susie The Little Blue Coupe, a Walt Disney cartoon, The Man With The Golden Uke, a compilation of George Formbys'songs and a documentary (actually a promotional film for Mercedes) about the 1977 Rallye London to Sydney.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 02, 2018 03:30 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3 Caballeros, Dumbo The Flying Elephant, 4 trailers and Abbott & Costello Meet The Keystone Cops.

--------------------
Dominique

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2018 04:16 AM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched TARZAN AND THE SECRET TREASURE, a film I picked up at Blackpool. It was in plain boxes with a home-made label pasted on but I suspect it may have been sold by Perry's Movies originally... the labels on the spine look exactly like those on my other Perry's prints.

It was on 4 x 400ft spools which were full to the brim so I suspect it was the full feature. The print had German Titles and small Dutch (?) subs but English sound.

It was a real Saturday matinee film with a pretty good story and some thrilling moments. What a swimmer Johnny Weissmuller was! The print was quite good... a little contrasty but quite clear and good sound. It was on black and white stock. I don't think there's too much Weissmuller's Tarzan on Super 8 so I'm pretty pleased with it.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 03, 2018 11:06 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That has to be quite the rare print there, as, expect for the odd digest, the only other one i know of is "Greystroke: The legend of Tarzan" which, thankfully, I own and also thankfully, still has vintage color.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2018 01:25 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Top Film from Holland might have released this TARZAN AND THE SECRET TREASURE. They did quite a few over the years. Sadly by the time I had heard of them they had stopped trading.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2018 03:14 PM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David, I wonder if Perry's imported them? I have an old edition of MOVIE COLLECTOR - that brilliant magazine from the 1990s - and it seems that Perry's had some of the later Tarzans. TARZAN AND THE SLAVE GIRL with Lex Barker in the Tarzan role was available from them in the 1990s.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 06, 2018 05:48 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A standard/regular 8 film, mounted on a large spool : Merry-Go-Round, 1923. A little masterpiece.

--------------------
Dominique

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2018 08:16 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! I didn't get a chance to show this over the summer, so I showed it over the Thanksgiving holiday:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Great up on the BIG SCREEN!

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2018 02:33 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Merry-Go-Round".Taken from Erich Von Stroheim's hands and finished by Rupert Julian.Indeed a masterpiece.I also have a copy.(Of course!!! [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 10, 2018 05:30 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, Panayotis. You seem to have a good collection of silent films.
Tonight : Reaching For The Moon, mounted on a 360mt/1200ft spool. Although it's an American film, there is a (very short) dialogue in French 😀

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 11, 2018 03:56 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see this thread still going was it really 2006 when I started it. The passing years..

Had a customer call to collect a order and she spotted the GS in the corner of my studio.
'My dad had one of those' she said, next thing we were projecting
OH MR PORTER 1937.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 17, 2018 01:51 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ran a full 1200ft reel of cartoons the other night.

1....Tweety Pie
2..."Egg Cracker Suite" 1943...bought this castle film before it became Universal 8 new back in the 70s. It never had great color, but to this day its not bad, printed on polyester.
3...Barber of Saville 1944...another castle film bought back in the 70s, once again on polyester stock.
4...The Dwarfs Dilemma...
5...I Wan'na Be Like You.....brilliant extract color still good.
6...His Mouse Friday...Walton.
7...Three For Breakfast..
8...The Two Mouseketeers...Walton bought new in the 70s still has great color.
9....Cat Napping...Walton....one of my favorite... good color.
 -
Egg Cracker Suite.....
 -
Barber of Saville....
 -
 -
The Two Mouseketeers from 1952....
 -

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 17, 2018 02:15 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a lot of cartoons Graham,

James, Thats a great film to have for the home screen, always a little of of my pockets reach, however, at a BFCC some years ago i was stupid enough to pass it by for the £180 [Mad]

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2018 03:33 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice toon reel Graham. Nice color.

Last night I watched the 1975 western feature "Jessi's Girls"
with Sondra Currie.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 17, 2018 10:03 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
by the way folks Both Walton T/J "The Two Mouseketeers" 1952 which incidentally won an academy award, and "His Mouse Friday" are on Fuji Film.

This particular print even after something like 40 years of owning it and regular use, shows no signs of fade, and I still regard it as one of the best color films Walton Films ever printed.
 -
 -
Its unfortunate that "The Dwarfs Dilemma" has faded a little bit, as also that once had stunning color 40 years ago, however the film like its owner has faded a wee bit over those 40 years, "hardly surprising" but in saying that, its still pretty good...
 -

Its been interesting to be able to get nine films onto one 1200ft reel. I think with Egg Cracker Suite and Barber of Saville being on polyester, its given me enough room to squeeze them all in [Smile] Its great to be able to just sit back and watch one after another [Cool]
Nearly forgot the screen shot of Tweety Pie...
 -

[ December 18, 2018, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Graham Ritchie ]

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2018 01:51 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great fun Graham,I did the same recently by running 6 x 800ft reels of cartoons to check condition and colour,out of all of them I only removed 6 200 footers that had faded,enjoyed them all,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 18, 2018 03:13 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been watching some of my home movies filmed of Christmas past back to 1965 a bit emotional to see everyone again who has passed.

Finished up watching Walt Disney Christmas always popular here and Snow. Finished with a little Scope Goodwill To Men. Nothing quite like a Christmas film show!

May have gone slightly over the top fitting a 35mm Cinemascope lens to a little electronic Yelco.
 -

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2018 06:22 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is some lens Lee! It's almost as big as the projector.

Graham nice cartoon reel...

"Keep your eyes on the putty tat!"
-Tweety

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 18, 2018 11:03 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James!

Great to see that "Independence Day". I was curious, was it just a light setting, or is that print very light and bluish? just curious. A nice sharp print ... however.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 18, 2018 11:17 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark and Bill [Smile]

Brilliant Scope lens Lee [Cool]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 18, 2018 12:10 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've been doing Christmas shorts on film paired with features projected from DVD:

Saturday: The Small One with Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Live
Sunday: A Disney Christmas with A Christmas Story
Last Night: Mister and Mistletoe (Popeye beats up Bluto for Christmas!) with The Polar Express

We'll do "Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper" tonight and probably skip the feature.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 22, 2018 08:14 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night..

One 1200ft Scope Reel

1....Toot Whistle Plunk and Boom.
2....Titanic trl..looks great in Scope.
3....T/J..Egg and Jerry.
4.... Bearly Asleep.
5....Shakespeare 400....excellent print and sound.
6....South Pacific 200ft short.
7.... 2001 trl
8....Phantom Menace trl
9....The Pod Race 400ft...one of my favorite Scope extracts.

Then it was time to adjust the masking etc for "Airplane" 3/400ft 1980. This is my spare copy that I bought on a Elmo 800ft reel a few years back. Its the first time I have screened this second copy and it looks and sounds just great...
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2018 01:47 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Decided to have an afternoon Christmas film show today (Sunday) playing to my vast audience of..... 2. Myself and Mrs.E.

Thought I would keep it Christmassy so she sampled the following..

1) The Night Before Christmas - Disney Terrytoon.

2) The Night Before Christmas - Tom and Jerry

3) Snow Drift at Bleath Gill

4) A Walt Disney Christmas

5) Rupert and The Frog Song

6) The Snowman

7) Below Zero - Laurel and Hardy

Not being content with that little lot we added.....(Not Christmassy)....

8) Airplane - 3x400' (Graham... not watched it for ages and is still as stunning as your screen shots)

9) The Groove Tube.

So,yes,I had a rather splendid Sunday afternoon, thank you!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC