8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 219)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 23, 2018 03:47 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant line up of films Melvin [Cool]

I think the print of Airplane will be around for many more years to come, I cant see it fading for a long time yet. Its always great to have a laugh and Airplane does just that. Its timeless and got great repeat ability [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 24, 2018 01:04 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see someone mention Groove Tube again.

We had a video show this afternoon WHAT.. finally located my tapes of Derek at the Derann open days also the Birmingham film collectors events. Poor Derek he was so poorly then.

Spooling up for tonight's show. Usual classics Mickeys Christmas snowman night before Christmas and Burns Allen Christmas Show. Some things just never change..
Will be raising a glass to all the collectors who have passed on this year way too many.

Tomorrow it's 9.5 sound time Scrooge and some Betty Boop's along with Popeye.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 24, 2018 01:42 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimey the groove tube, its a long time since i put that one on, thanks for the reminder [Big Grin]
Will get a review up after xmas. I saw Groove tube in the cinema years ago and while it was OK, this 600ft version is actually better. The full film was mediocre but Iver did quite a good job on this one.

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2018 09:54 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Christmas screening was THE SNOWMAN followed by the superbe PINOCCHIO from Derann/Walt Disney.

Merry Christmas
Oliver

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 28, 2018 10:19 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few days ago (for Christmas), the classicals Plutos Christmas Tree, Night Before Christmas and Christmas Under Fire. Tonight, Wagon Tracks, a silent film.

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 29, 2018 03:33 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my rather short 4+ hour super 8 shows on the trusty Eumigs with one interval. Same programme, same projectors on the same day for a few years now great fun. Also included another of my Christmas home movies from a few years ago Turkey and all.

-

Mickey,Snowman, Pluto and his tree issues my favourite and a few more.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 31, 2018 05:33 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well a happy new years eve to one and all.
Yesterday we..

Raised the Titanic
 -

Saw the Guns of Navarone and wished Goodwill to all Men

Nice show and a spot of Scope as well.

Been fun filming my Raise the Titanic documentary here is where they found the legendary material. The things we do for Super 8.
 -

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2018 06:15 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh "The most exciting undersea adventure of our time!" I myself watched RAISE THE TITANIC last night on 16mm, no photos sorry.

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 04, 2019 07:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harold Lloyd in Girl Shy, 1924.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 05, 2019 08:53 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A British educational film : Cardiac, then Patterson vs Johanson (boxing) and finally Old Fashioned Way (W.C.Fields) 120mt/400 ft.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 07, 2019 07:14 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Silent films : Wintergarten, the first films, projected in Berlin in 1895 ; Monty's Train Rescue (60mt/200ft) and an Our Gand film : No Noise (60 mt/200ft version).

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 08, 2019 07:00 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A 1921 silent American feature : Tol'able David.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 12, 2019 05:34 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Thief Of Bagad, the classical silent film with Douglas Fairbanks, on standard/regular 8. I put the film on a large 800 mt/2600 ft spool, however I had some unwanted breaks because some tape splices one of the preceeding owners did broke and I had to remake them (I used glue). Usually when this happens, I don't interrupt the projection more than the time needed to put the unspliced part on the take up spool and I splice when I rewind but due to the fact that the projector uses a (not easy to find at reasonnable price) 500 watts (100 volts, it's a specific model) bulb, I allowed everything to cool each time. When I put respooled the film (and applied Filmguard on it, I didn't see any problem with the existing splices but the only valid test is of course to run the film through a projector. I took the opportunity during one of the break to picture the installation. Despite these techincals problems (I also had to replace the bulb…), I did enjoyed the show [Smile]

-

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 12, 2019 11:48 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant Dominique [Cool]

On one Elmo 800ft reel last night.

1....Mr Bean intro.
2...The Grasshopper and the Ants...a stunning color Disney film from Derann.
3...Look at Life....The Last Battleship.
4...Tom and Jerry...Tee for Two...brilliant
5...Motor Mania...another stunning Disney bought new from Derann
6...Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway...a stunning color and most interesting Walton release.
 -

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 13, 2019 08:25 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super 8 feature "That's Entertainment" 1974 [Cool]

Its strange how our we look at things as we get older. I first watched part of this film on a Pan Am 747 flight to Seattle back in January 1975. I thought then this film is boring, now I think its good [Smile]

Such is life [Wink]
 -

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2019 05:09 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been busy relocating as most of you are aware. I am now nearly done with unpacking. So I am catching up on a few details....

Please pay attention to the end of this document for important information.

The following is written in order of shows. Format is DATE / TITLE / MEDIA / DAY

Begin below:

CGC SCREENINGS 2018

DATE: TITLE: MEDIA: DAY:
JAN 2 2018 THE 39 STEPS (1978) SUPER 8 TUES
JAN 17 2018 LA-LA-LAND DVD WED
JAN 23 2018 SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER SUPER 8 TUES
FEB 16 2018 CRY BLOOD APACHE SUPER 8 FRI
FEB 19 2018 SHOWBOAT PRINT 1 FADED SUPER 8 MON
FEB 22 2018 TERMINATOR PRESCREEN SUPER 8 THUR
FEB 23 2018 TERMINATOR 1 GUEST SUPER 8 FRI
FEB 26 2018 MUSICAL SHORTS PROGRAM SUPER 8 MON
MARCH 9 2018 TERMINATOR ii JUDGMENT DAY SUPER 8 FRI
MARCH 14 2018 ROMANCING THE STONE SUPER 8 WED
MARCH 30 2018 2001 A SPACE ODESSY SUPER 8 FRI
APRIL 2 2018 VISIT TO A SMALL PLANET * SUPER 8 MON
APRIL 6 2018 CONDUCT UNBECOMING (MAGNETIC SOUND) SUPER 8 FRI
APRIL 12 2018 SELECTED OLD TIME SHORTS SUPER 8 THUR
APRIL 12 2018 ABRAHAM LINCOLN SUPER 8 THUR
APRIL 18 2018 COCO DVD WED
APRIL 25 2018 2010 THE YEAR WE MAKE CONTACT SUPER 8 WED
APRIL 27 2018 THE PEANUTS MOVIE DVD FRI
MAY 3 2018 THE ABYSS SUPER 8 THUR
JUNE 7 2018 FORBIDDEN PLANET SUPER 8 THUR
JUNE 13 2018 WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT? SUPER 8 WED
JUNE 15 2018 WHEN'S YOUR BIRTHDAY SUPER 8 FRI
JUNE 18 2018 GREASE ** SUP[ER 8 MON
JUNE 21 2018 GREASE DVD THUR
JUNE 28 2018 THE GODFATHER SUPER 8 THUR
JULY 20 2018 THE DAYS & THRILLS OF LAUGHTER SUPER 8 FRI
JULY 20 2018 THE CIRCUS SUPER 8 FRI
AUGUST 20 2018 2ND HORIZONS SUPER 8 MON
AUGUST 30 2018 THE BIRD OF PARADISE SUPER 8 THUR
SEPT 7 2018 SILENCE OF THE LAMBS SUPER 8 FRI
SEPT 7 2018 MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDIERS 16MM FRI
SEPT 10 2018 THE FUZZ 16MM MON
SEPT 14 2018 MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDGEIRS SUPER 8 FRI
SEPT 14 2018 SHOWBOAT PRINT 2 LPP SUPER 8 FRI
SEPT 22 2018 FANTASTIC VOYAGE SUPER 8 SAT

NOTES: SEPT 22 FINAL SHOWING WITH FULL BOOTH
35 SCREENINGS TOTAL
16MM = 2
DVD = 4
SUPER 8 = 29

ON OR ABOUT SEPT 30TH
THE BOOTH WAS BROKEN DOWN
IN PREPARATION FOR
THE MOVE TO FLORIDA.

39 YEARS OF GREAT CINEMA IN THIS LOCATION
ENDED WITH THE SCREENING OF
FANTASTIC VOYAGE

* April 2 2018. Anniversary death of drummer Buddy Rich who appears in the movie as the drummer in the nightclub. The role was not credited. In real life off stage, Jerry and Buddy were good friends.

** 40th release anniversary of GREASE.

end of document

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2019 10:52 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Wheres the list of suggested wine and food pairings?

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2019 04:57 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Friday 11-Jan I've watched a few new collected films, that I gave a Filmguard thread because of the preventing of dirt and dry perfs and checked how they are.
-Many advventures of Winnie the Pooh 120".
Good color and Sound, with so so perf.
Really enjoyed this

-L&H Swiss Miss B&W Sound 60"
Good picture, but terrible perf.
Scared the whole time of damage film, and piano haha.

-L&H Pack up your trouble. B&W and Sound
Pretty good, specially I received it with a few 1200" reels.
Not the funiest I think.

-Mickey's Memorable moments, Color Sound are both good. 120"
Pretty enjoyable

-Scooby Doo 120"
Suprisingly good color and sound and NL subs.
The Dutch company probably used good film.

-Jungle Book 3x 60" spiled together.
One had good color, dept and sharpness. One was faded pretty much.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2019 01:56 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shouting out to Brian Stearns

I don't understand your comment about wine and food parings. Not angry just confused.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2019 05:51 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think what Brian is asking is what do you have to drink while watching your films. Such as soda and popcorn. I like some hot chocolate and crackers with peanut butter or cheese. Yum!

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2019 02:36 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Wine and food matching is the process of pairing food dishes with wine to enhance the dining experience. In many cultures, wine has had a long history of being a staple at the dinner table and in some ways both the winemaking and culinary traditions of a region will have evolved together over the years. Wikipedia

or Enhance your film show

Wine,Beer or Popcorn

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 17, 2019 08:17 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian is on to something, pairing different wines with certain films. There's always Silence of the Lambs and "a nice chianti" or perhaps Star Wars with Han Solo's favorite Corellian wine.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 17, 2019 08:21 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I often enjoy a nice Port out in the cheap seats at CineSea,

-but then again I'm NOT in charge of focus at the time!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 17, 2019 12:17 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just hand me a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream and I'll watch anything on super 8!

(well, not many of the Adult films, except for those very funny 70's films, which look like the "R" rated
films of today! I have one sound super 8 color title (with great color even) with just about the funniest "nasal" sounding, cheesey narraration you have ever heard!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2019 09:07 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
TCM has a wine club,pairing wine and movies

https://shop.tcmwineclub.com

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC